• Netherlands
Term
Fall, Spring
Art History Cultural Studies European Studies Film Global Studies History Literature Philosophy Religious Studies Sociology Women's Studies +1

Program Details

Direct Enrollment

Pricing

SPRING 2022
The tuition fee is € 8,100.
Housing costs range from € 2,667 to € 4,139. For detailed and up-to-date tuition, housing and residence permit fees, please check our website.

INCLUDED IN PRICE
* Registration at Maastricht University
* All courses
* CES course materials
* Extensive introduction including Berlin Study Trip
* CES weekend and field trips
* CES services (such as an airport pick-up, a Dutch SIM card and 24/7 emergency assistance)
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers Classes Some Meals Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

* Berlin Study Trip
* Dutch Day Trip
* Paris Cultural Weekend Trip
* On-site support throughout the programme
* Library and IT services
* Disability Management
* 24/7 emergency assistance

What's Not Included
Travel Insurance Visa
Sep 14, 2021
Apr 24, 2019
2 travelers are looking at this program

In 1992 the Maastricht Treaty led to the creation of the European Union (EU) with its motto “Unity in Diversity”, but what is
European identity? How do the shared lessons of the past teach us about the continent’s contemporary challenges and future direction? These questions are at the heart of European culture and society and demand consensus and collaboration, born out of centuries of division and conflict.

Your adventure begins with a study trip to Berlin. Besides that, there are two cultural day/weekends trips included too that will take you to several cities in the Netherlands and to Paris.

Program Highlights

• Be inspired by art and culture that is unique to Europe
  • Combines strong academics with integrated field trips and unique hands-on experiences
  • Quarter, semester, year
  • Live in Maastricht; an incredible medieval city in the heart of Europe
  • Choose courses that meet your interest from over 400 courses offered.

Lana

Spring 2019!

The History, Arts, and Culture program at Maastricht University has challenged me and the way I think. It has presented me with opportunities to go beyond the factual aspects of Art History and the skills to delve into art theory, allowing me to think deeper not only about the art itself, but also the artist as an individual.

In addition, CES is and has been nothing short of outstanding! In the time that I’ve been in Maastricht and even the time leading up to my departure, the CES staff have been responsive, supportive, and beyond helpful!

Overall, I cannot say enough positive things about my experiences here! I have had the chance to absorb not only the art in Europe, but I have also been able to experience cultures, gorgeous scenery, and meet incredible people.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking thing was taking the initial step coming here. I was completely and entirely terrified. But, as soon as I got to Maastricht, I felt as if I was meant to be here!
Read my full story
Haley

Simply Ideal

Studying with CES Maastricht as a part of the European History, Culture & Arts program was the exact study abroad experience I was looking for and the most incredible experience of my life. In the classroom, I spent the semester reading, learning and discussing Dutch literature and art. But CES makes sure to bring students outside of the classroom to see and experience the Netherlands and Europe for ourselves, taking us to tour different cities while visiting art and history museums. While living in Maastricht, I truly felt that I was a part of the city while going grocery shopping, stopping for frites or going out at night. Maastricht's central location also allowed for easy travel, taking me to places I had only ever dreamed over. Overall, it was an amazing four months that I wish I could repeat again and again.

I would have liked more information and training about the problem-based learning system that Maastricht University practices.