IFSA: University of Otago Partnership

Kia ora! We're so excited that you're preparing to study abroad on an IFSA program and have chosen the University of Otago as your destination. Otago is located in Dunedin, an amazing college town conveniently located near the great outdoor sights of New Zealand's South Island. The University of Otago was the first university in NZ and offers a wide range of subjects, which makes it an ideal location for any student. With an unrivaled campus experience, Otago has a vibrant social and cultural life.

New Zealand offers some of the best scenery in the world. Hike, swim, climb and explore everything this amazingly beautiful country has to offer. IFSA's role is to provide you with the best student support services, and also to run a fun and exciting program of events for you throughout the semester. Sign up with IFSA today to begin the journey of a lifetime!

Jake

Fall 2017 Otago Experience

I absolutely loved this experience! You have a ton of freedom, as well as any support you need should you ask for it. The campus and area are totally safe, but it is a party school as well as a fantastic area for skiiing/snowboarding/surfing - accidents can happen if you aren't careful. Regardless, the IFSA staff were there and always happy to help with anything I needed or even just talk. Highly recommended!

Vincent

Everything you could ever want in an abroad experience

Expect the Unexpected in New Zealand. Their culture is definitely different than anything you have ever experienced in America. In my brief time in New Zealand I experienced so many things that I would have never known I enjoy. Great walks, sounds, cricket, kava, penguins, driving, grading scales, surfing, fish and chips, meat pies, botanical gardens, flats, and so much more. These are just a few things you can look forward to in New Zealand. To go in to depth would take away from your experience in my opinion, but if you want to know just ask.

Go for a year. That is the only way you can get the full experience.
Elizabeth

The 5 Month Adventure

I reflect back on my experience studying abroad in New Zealand as the great "5 Month Adventure." Filled with academic enrichment and backpacking trips galore, my 5 months in New Zealand are impossible to describe in just one sitting of chatting, photos, and even videos. I was taken back by the Maori culture and it's relationship to the Earth. As an Earth Sciences major myself, I was constantly intrigued by the diversity of geologic activity ranging from geothermal vents, fault zones, pillow lava, and more.

Help integrate the IFSA-Butler students with the University of Otago students.

About Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)

The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988. Our primary goal is to provide quality study abroad opportunities, plus academic and personal support services, for qualified North American undergraduates seeking to...