View Other Details
Tuition fee € 899
For detailed and up-to-date tuition, please check our website.
INCLUDED IN PRICE
* Registration at Maastricht University
* Course materials
* CES services
* Support throughout the programme
* online library and IT services
* Disability Management
* 24/7 Emergency assistance
What makes life worth living? People have always been driven by the pursuit of happiness and hope for the future. While this may seem an idealistic notion at first, it has found its place in positive psychology. For much of the 20th century, “What is wrong with people” has guided the thinking of many psychologists, dominating countless scientific studies and rooting the field in pathology. Founded over a decade ago by University of Pennsylvania professor Martin Seligman, positive psychology asks instead ‘what is right with people’. Human strengths, such as courage, future-mindedness, optimism, and interpersonal skills act as buffers against mental illness. Positive psychology, therefore, is devoted to understanding and learning how to build these positive qualities in order to improve people’s well-being and help to promote the “good life”.
Why Not learn all about what makes life worth living, while living in the Netherlands?
- Participate in a series of hands-on workshops
- Attend interactive lectures, work on specific real-life cases, and give presentations
- Gain skills in preventative care and how to combat mental illness