• South Africa
    • Stellenbosch
Term
J-Term, Short Term, Winter
Culinary Arts Cultural Studies Food Science and Nutrition Liberal Arts Photography

Program Details

Apartment Dormitory

Pricing

AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages are available.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Some Meals Transportation Travel Insurance
What's Not Included
Airfare
Jan 23, 2020
Dec 06, 2019
3 travelers are looking at this program

Earn 3-semester credits during a 2.5-week January term study abroad program in Stellenbosch, South Africa! Choose one of the following two courses — Travel Photography or South African Wine and Winemaking — taught by faculty of Stellenbosch University. Courses are taught in English.

Live in a single room in shared student residences on campus. While traveling, Photography Program students will stay in student lodges with breakfast and dinner included.

Cultural and social activities are included such as a guided sightseeing tour and visits to sites such as Table Mountain, Robben Island, the Cape of Good Hope. Photography students will also enjoy a 6-night tour of the Garden Route with a winery tour, visit to Addo Elephant Park, a 3-hour game drive, and more. Winemaking students visit wineries, vineyards, and wine farms in and around Stellenbosch & Franschhoek.

Program Highlights

• Visits to wineries, vineyards, and wine farms (Winemaking students)
  • 6-night Garden Route Tour (Photography students)
  • Trips to Robben Island, Cape of Good Hope, and Table Mountain
  • Over 50% of students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of grants or scholarships

Mackenzie

This program is amazing!

I would absolutely recommend this program or any AIFS program to anyone looking to study abroad. This program gave me the once in a lifetime chance to travel to a beautiful country and immerse myself in a culture that I would not have been able to if I did not study abroad. I so appreciated the fact that AIFS is an inclusive program, meaning that your meal plan, housing, travel insurance, excursions, etc. are included in the cost of tuition. I also found the flight package they offered unbeatable. My favorite excursion I went on during this program was completing the world's highest bridge bungee jump! Through my photograph course provided, I was able to learn how to take professional grade photos of all the wildlife I saw, including a family of elephants. I highly recommend this January term program to anyone looking to go somewhere amazing and adventurous.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing I saw was a wild giraffe, in it's natural habitat. This was apart from our safari tour but our tour guides still stopped our vehicle and were able to see it and take photos! It was amazing.