ISA Study Abroad in Cape Town, South Africa

Study abroad with ISA in Cape Town!

The University of Cape Town is the oldest and most prestigous university in South Africa. It is one of the continent's leading teaching and research institutions. UCT offers courses and majors in almost every discipline. For beautiful views of the Western Cape, students can hike up Table Mountain and experience the many beautiful mountain ranges surrounding Cape Town.

The University of The Western Cape (UWC) is a public institution that was established in 1959 for non white students during the Apartheid era. UWC is located just 12 miles north of the city of Cape Town in the Tygerberg suburb of Belleville. UWC is committed to excellence in teaching, learning and research, and to nurturing cultural diversity within higher education in South Africa.

Heather

Best Decision I've Ever Made!

Heading to Cape Town for a year in 2014 with ISA, was hands down the best decision I've ever made in my young life. ISA was amazing and Cape Town is the greatest city in the world. After classes I would head to the ISA office to whip out some homework and chat with the friendly, helpful ISA staff, who became like my family abroad. With their support I was able to become really involved in the University of Cape Town campus. I joined the basketball and soccer teams. Every weekend I had a game with the soccer team and got to travel to neighborhoods all over Cape Town with my teammates and friends (we even made it to the national tournament!). ISA set me up with everything I needed to have the confidence to go out and explore the city/country. I could ask them for help regarding anything like what bus should I take on my trip to Durban? Or what was life like immediately after the end of apartheid? There is so much to learn in South Africa and ISA helped me navigate their fascinating history.

The program accommodation, The Nest, does not have a good common space for students to come together and hang out.

About ISA (International Studies Abroad)

As a leader in international education for thirty years, ISA is dedicated to providing university and college level students the opportunity to discover, learn, and enjoy a way of life other than their own. ISA offers a diverse portfolio of education...