• South Africa
    • Cape Town
Term
Fall, Spring
Accounting African Studies Archaeology Architecture Arts Biology Botany Chemistry Classical Studies Communications Computer Science Conflict Studies Economics Engineering Geography Geology Health Sciences History Humanities International Relations Law Linguistics Literature Mathematics Music Natural Sciences Philosophy Physics Political Science Social Sciences Sociology Women's Studies +22

Program Details

• Scholarship Opportunities
Jun 07, 2022
Mar 28, 2016
8 travelers are looking at this program

Study abroad with ISA in Cape Town!

The University of Cape Town is the oldest and most prestigous university in South Africa. It is one of the continent's leading teaching and research institutions. UCT offers courses and majors in almost every discipline. For beautiful views of the Western Cape, students can hike up Table Mountain and experience the many beautiful mountain ranges surrounding Cape Town.

The University of The Western Cape (UWC) is a public institution that was established in 1959 for non white students during the Apartheid era. UWC is located just 12 miles north of the city of Cape Town in the Tygerberg suburb of Belleville. UWC is committed to excellence in teaching, learning and research, and to nurturing cultural diversity within higher education in South Africa.

ISA Scholarships

ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid

ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.

$350 - $2,000

Heather

Best Decision I've Ever Made!

Heading to Cape Town for a year in 2014 with ISA, was hands down the best decision I've ever made in my young life. ISA was amazing and Cape Town is the greatest city in the world. After classes I would head to the ISA office to whip out some homework and chat with the friendly, helpful ISA staff, who became like my family abroad. With their support I was able to become really involved in the University of Cape Town campus. I joined the basketball and soccer teams. Every weekend I had a game with the soccer team and got to travel to neighborhoods all over Cape Town with my teammates and friends (we even made it to the national tournament!). ISA set me up with everything I needed to have the confidence to go out and explore the city/country. I could ask them for help regarding anything like what bus should I take on my trip to Durban? Or what was life like immediately after the end of apartheid? There is so much to learn in South Africa and ISA helped me navigate their fascinating history.

The program accommodation, The Nest, does not have a good common space for students to come together and hang out.