API Study Abroad at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid

API Study Abroad at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid

One of the most prestigious universities in all of Spain, the Universidad Complutense de Madrid is a great school for your study abroad experience. Madrid, located in central Spain, has been its capital since 1561, and remains the contemporary capital of Spanish culture, finance, and industry. Filled with monuments, museums, and tons of other sights to see, Madrid's true value is in its friendly local people and culture.

Study intensive Spanish language and Spanish culture through programs offered through API and the university. All skill levels are welcome, and placement exams will be given upon arrival to ensure appropriate course levels. Host-family options are available for students looking to be fully immersed in the culture and to have a great group of people to practice their developing language skills with.

Check out API's extensive and informative website right now for all of the details on this exciting opportunity!

Europe » Spain » Madrid
Madrid

kerstsk
N/A

API Complutense

The API program for Complutense was an incredible chance for me to improve my Spanish and learn all about the Spanish culture. I've traveled abroad before but the Madrid program is great. The onsite staff is very helpful and their office door is always open. Madrid was a very safe city and a perfect example of the Spanish culture. We took about five excursions with everything included and it was a great way to get to know my fellow students. Being an international student at Complutense was somewhat overwhelming at first but the professors are very understanding and the classes were very helpful. I would recommend a "home-stay" because my house-mom helped me with my Spanish all of the time and we still keep in contact! Overall, this program is well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone.

I would've liked a tour of Complutense/ University of Madrid before starting class.

Molly
San Diego, CA
University of California- San Diego

API at The Universidad Complutense of Madrid

This program was absolutely amazing! API's staff in Madrid were wonderful and helped make the transition incredibly smooth. The first few weeks we were there they coordinated lots of social and sightseeing activities. Throughout the semester we went on three weekend trips through API and there was usually at least one organized activity a week if you wanted to participate. They also hosted a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for us, it was so nice to get to celebrate even while abroad! The residencia I lived in was very nice. Our meals were all cooked for us and the quality was well above dorm food. There were senoras who cleaned our rooms,made our beds, and washed our clothes. The school was good as well. It was difficult once I got back to have my classes count at my home university but eventually it all worked out. I felt like my Spanish improved tremendously both from my classes and my living experience!

stephrs1990
Madison, Wisconsin
Huntington University

Never would trade my experience for another

API did an incredible job setting up excursions to see different cities in Spain. The program directors were the very best part of the program as a whole. WHENEVER we needed them, they were always there to help us. Not only that, but it was clear that they wanted to help us. They did not do it just because it was their job. Quique and MariaAngeles couldn't have made me feel more at home. They were welcoming and answered every single question I ever asked. They also helped me out when my home University was having problems transferring my credits. Madrid is the best place in Spain to learn Spanish. It is the capital of the country where the language is not too difficult to understand. It is also a city of students from all over the country. I would never go with another program abroad.

Erin
Bowling Green, Ohio
Ohio University

Study abroad now!

I decided to study abroad through API because they truly wanted me to immerse myself in the culture and helped me to do so! They took us to great restaurants, cultural activities like flamenco classes and local movies as well as took us on excursions outside of Spain! (I went to Portugal and API paid for the flight AND hotel!) THE best choice I ever made was to study abroad and explore the world around me. I found out I occupy quite a small area in the world-and need to reach out to others more. 100% recommend.

The mission of API is to transform lives by providing enriching academic and cross-cultural experiences that foster increased self-knowledge, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the global nature of our contemporary world.

*The former API Cultural Embrace and Aspire by API listings are now merged under