CEA Study Abroad in Alicante, Spain

CEA Study Abroad in Alicante, Spain

Nestled on Spain’s stunning Costa Blanca, Alicante features white sand beaches, green parks, winding streets lined with tapas bars and cafés, traditional flamenco dance, and first-class educational opportunities at the University of Alicante, all in a pedestrian- and student-budget-friendly setting. Alicante is an ideal location for exploring this gorgeous region and many Spanish and European cities.

Renowned for its modern and inclusive campus, the University of Alicante offers a wide range of classes taught in English including: Architecture, art management, biology, botany, business, communication, computer sciences, cultural studies, drawing, ecology, economics, education, engineering, English language and literature, geology, geography, graphic design, and health sciences.
Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
High School Diploma
J-Term
Maymester
Dormitory
Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.
Alicante

Shannon
University of Alicante

Amazing Semester Abroad with CEA

I had the amazing chance to get to study abroad in Alicante, Spain in the spring. I went with CEA which was an amazing program. The people who are apart of this program helped me every step of the way and made me very comfortable and at home during my time abroad. CEA was a great program for many reason, they provided us with different housing options and helped us with everything we needed for our housing. They also included many trips and activities, we got to travel to many cities, go on hikes, take cooking classes, volunteer and much more! My program was not too big which was one of my favorite parts because I got to get close with everyone in my group which was awesome.

The activities were pretty flexible and if students couldn't make it they would try to find a day that worked better. One thing they could have done was tell us about the activities or trips more in advance because many students had already planned a different trip and could not make it!

Taylor
Boston, MA
Iowa State University

Once Wasn't Enough

I will always cherish the memories and lifelong friends I made while studying abroad in Alicante. I first studied here on a short program, but quickly returned for a full semester because I had fallen deeply in love with the city's vibrant culture and breathtaking scenery. The site director, Alvaro, is incredibly passionate about the city and the students who travel across the world to experience Spanish living. The classes were diverse and hands on, offering a lot of opportunity to work with other cultures and share ideas. Housing in the city is very accessible and close to the beach. However it is a lot different compared to what we are use to in America, but it's all a part of the experience! I had a lot of opportunity to travel to other parts of Europe as well, but frankly I wanted to spend most of my time in the Valencia region because of its paradise location and great food. Since studying in Alicante, I've returned to visit because it really has become a second home to me.

Allison
South Carolina
Clemson University

Home away from home

Living and studying in Alicante, Spain was nothing short of the best four months of my life. The people are beyond friendly and the city thrives on the tourist season as summer approaches. Beautiful sites of the ocean, castles, and architecture are everywhere you go. The city is large enough that there is plenty to do but small enough that you start to recognize familiar faces around and bump into friends around the city. Alicante was the perfect mix of a culture of compassionate and energetic people, making this place feel like a second home in no time.

The pre-departure staff were hard to contact at times, but the on-site director Alvaro went above and beyond his duties to help make sure every student was comfortable and having a great time once we were there.

Katie
Lincoln, Nebraska United States
University of Nebraska- Lincoln

Adventures in Alicante

I loved my study abroad experience in Alicante. I chose Alicante because I wanted a new experience living by the sea and CEA offered all levels of spanish courses, and I needed a beginning level. I absolutely loved my host family. They were some of the kindest people I have ever met and very patient with my language skills. The onsite support of CEA Alicante was amazing. We visited many different villages in the surrounding area and I felt like I really got to know the Valencian region. I enjoyed the classes at the University. They were helpful without being too challenging. The amount of time you spent in class each day was about perfect. Overall I had an amazing experience and would recommend this program for anyone looking for an encounter with a new culture!

I would make the program length 4 months instead of 3. 3 months seemed just a little too short.

Nicole
Madison, Wisconsin
Colorado State University

Alicante Experience

I enjoyed living in the city of Alicante because it was easy to get around and everything was close by. The community is very beautiful and there are nice things to do on the shore line! I enjoyed exploring the area but it can be challenging to get to other areas in Europe because of how far south it is. The program organizes fun events around the city and a couple of farther excursions.

More coordinated experiences in the city for volunteering/being involved in the community. Also, more challenging course work and a better variety of courses.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thanks for your feedback about your experience in Alicante! We appreciate hearing about your time abroad; this information is valuable for us as we continue building our programs for future study abroad participants.

Mpitche
Edwardsville, Illinois
Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville

Alicante: My Second Home

This study abroad experience is so special to me because, in just a few short months, Alicante became my second home. The people in my program, including my site director Alvaro, were like family to me. This experience was more than just an opportunity to immerse myself in Spanish culture and improve my language skills. Study abroad truly changed the course of my life and who I am today. When I was abroad I gained a sense of independence and need for adventure.

I gained a better understanding of myself and a better appreciation of other cultures. Alicante is unique in itself because it is a smaller, beach town where I didn’t get lost in the crowd. With the help of my site director, I was able to make friends with locals and explore the smaller, historical parts of Spain, yet still have the opportunity for cheap, accessible travel.

My class size was small, which provided me with a lot of one-on-one help. I was in the Spanish Language & Literature program there, and I took classes with people from several different countries from around the world (Japan, Ukraine, China, Canada). This allowed me to learn about other cultures in addition to Spanish culture. My classmates and I became good friends by the end of my program, and all of our teachers were SO helpful. The things we learned were very relevant and applicable to daily life in addition to the critical grammatical skills that were taught.

I lived in an apartment with one other American. Our place was less than a five minute walk to the beach and right in the downtown part of Alicante. It was a very safe area, and I felt comfortable with my living situation right away. I had my own room, internet access, a big living room, and even a balcony. Our apartment was perfect (so cozy)!

If I were to change one thing about my program, it would probably be to make it longer! I wish I had more time in Alicante.

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and exploring our many options.

Why