CISabroad - Summer in Madrid - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

During your Summer in Madrid, you’ll study at an accredited, local Spanish university around the corner from the heart of the city. Summer sunshine, excellent academics, fun excursions, and a close-knit campus community makes this an ideal Spanish summer experience. The Universidad Antonio de Nebrija offers a serene campus in contrast to the bustling city that surrounds it. Madrid is famous for its wide, leafy plazas, vast museums, and dazzling nightlife. Prepare to go to sleep at sunset, take a siesta mid day, and dine on tapas when the stars come out. This is a summer for the ages.

• Centrally located campus, where the heart of the city is a short walk away
  • University-organized activities and clubs
  • Spanish language classes for all levels
  • Staff support and a new-student orientation
  • University with a strong international student community

Emily

Unforgettable Summer in Spain

My experience in Madrid was amazing. I came to love the hustle and bustle of Madrid city life. Culture was rich and adventure was always around the corner. There was always an opportunity to try something new; new places to explore, new cuisine to try, new activities to participate in. Madrid is a city that surprised me every single day. CISAbroad was extremely helpful in making me feel as comfortable as possible during my stay abroad. The onsite advisor was almost always available to answer my questions or resolve possible issues. The activities that CIS organized helped me build relationships with the other students in the program and helped me learn more about Spanish culture. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to study abroad, especially with such an organized, helpful, and caring program, CISAbroad.

I think that the class scheduling process was a little unorganized at the Universidad de Nebrija. A lot of my classmates, including myself, had issues with the classes that we were originally placed in, so we had to talk to staff to adjust our class schedules. However, once I was in the correct classes, I had no further issues.
Emily

Memories for life

So many fun activities were organized so that I could make lasting friendships and memories. I loved the excursions to other towns but I also enjoyed seeing more of Madrid itself. CIS is a flexible program that provides a lot of support. I felt comfortable asking questions and going to my on site director for any guidance. This trip has made me want to see more of the world! The only improvement I would recommend to CIS is to be more picky about who they chose as homestays. My roommate decided to move out of our honestly because it wasn’t a good fit for her.

Have higher standards for home stays
Anais

Semester in Spain

This program was very helpful to me as I am a Spanish major. Living in Madrid, I was able to use my Spanish every day and this increased my confidence in speaking and writing as well. Spain is cheaper than a lot of other countries which is nice, and if you want to travel it is very easy as Madrid has an airport and a few bus stations. Madrid is a beautiful city and there is always something to do there.

Kristen

The Best Decision You Will Ever Make

During my first 2 years of college, I wrestled with the idea of studying abroad and asked countless friends, family and professors for their advice. Everyone I spoke to told me the same exact thing: Do it. Friends who had previously studied abroad shared stories of their incredible adventures, the amazing food they ate, and the lifelong friends and memories they made. In my junior year, I decided that I wanted to go abroad, no matter the cost or nervousness I may have felt.

I searched through the different programs my university offered and found nothing that interested me or was beneficial for my Spanish minor; that's when I came across CISabroad and immediately fell in love with the locations they offered for the Summer, the amenities included in the program and the reviews were great. The application process was seamless and gave me no problems or concerns while applying. Once I was accepted, the process continued with Webinars and constant emails about pre-departure activities, what to expect and how to prepare before going abroad. That constant communication gave me the confidence in this program and showed me that they truly cared about their students going abroad; I felt safe, protected and excited about going to Madrid, specifically with CISabroad.

From the moment I touched down in Madrid, CISabroad was always there for me, both in person and electronically. My site director was the most incredibly kind-hearted and fun person I have had the pleasure of befriending; she thought of us as her kids that she needed to look-out for during the summer, and we really became a little family throughout this experience thanks in-part to her. While there were a few bumps in the road concerning the actual school part of the study abroad experience, everything outside of school was great. Every week CISabroad provided us the opportunity to travel to different cities together, go on wine tours, visit historical sites, watch flamenco dancing, and so much more. CISabroad made sure that their students got the most out of their time abroad as they could.

It has been almost one year since I studied abroad in Madrid with CISabroad, and I yearn for it daily. I miss the friends I made, the food I ate, the places I got to see, and living in that lively city every day. Everyone told me that this experience would be one of the greatest of my life, and they were correct. Thanks to CISabroad, I had the chance to live my very best life for one short summer and I made memories to last a lifetime. This was easily the best decision I ever made, and hopefully it will be yours too.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...