IFSA: Engage Barcelona

With its multicultural atmosphere, Barcelona offers a thriving food, music and entertainment scene. Whether you want to explore Barcelona's Medieval Quarter, live with a Spanish family, or even do an internship in the heart of the city, Engage Barcelona awaits you!

This city that was once home to Picasso, Miró and Gaudí continues to exude a funky, artistic personality. The ornate, colorful architectural style of Gaudí is present throughout the city and contributes to Barcelona's unique, independent atmosphere.

Meaghan

Life Changing.

If I had to describe my experience studying abroad in two words, those words would be life changing. Studying and living in a foreign country opens your eyes up to so many things, and IFSA Butler helps you in many ways. The staff is so supportive and by the end of your time abroad, you will return home with so many new incredible experiences and an IFSA family. If I could study abroad again, I would not change anything about my experience.

Give the students more information before they go. I spend the summer feeling out of the loop. I didn't know where I was living, what job I was working or what to expect at all. Once I arrived in Barcelona everything was very clear to me. But I would have liked more information throughout the summer to prepare myself mentally.

About Institute for Study Abroad

The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988. Our primary goal is to provide quality study abroad opportunities, plus academic and personal support services, for qualified North American undergraduates seeking to...