Sol Education Abroad - Study Abroad in Granada, Spain

We're known for being the most personable program in Granada. Our students not only take classes at the University of Granada but they also are able to have volunteer opportunities and language exchanges. Our directors at Sol Education Abroad assist you in taking advantage of all the amazing activities Granada has to offer such as intramural sports, informal classes with locals, and many unique cultural activities. We have incredible host families and offer the most affordable priced Granada, Spain program.

Adriana

La vida es mejor cuando estas en España

This SOL experience was unique because you are immerse in a new culture. Learning about a new culture is so cool as you get to understand and experience quality food. For examples tapas, free food when you buy a drink. Life is so much fun here in Spain. You will have time to travel, travel travel, travel if you do longer program, the 4 months one. Some of my favorite memories Aboard is getting to know some cool people. Life is so much more relaxing when you are studying Aboard. If given the opportunity I would definitely chose studying Aboard!

It’s a good program, I like it’s system.
Hannah

Spain Spring Semester

I really enjoyed studying abroad in Granada. I really enjoyed my classes and living with a host family is an experience I´ll never forget. My host mom was so sweet and really made my experience special. In addition to my classes, I also had the opportunity to do an internship in a local Spanish hospital, which is something really unique to this program. I really enjoyed having the chance to get experience in a hospital and practice Spanish at the same time, and it definitely was one of my favorite parts of my study abroad experience. I feel like my Spanish really improved and getting to travel to so many different places was amazing! If I had the chance to do it all over again I wouldn´t change a thing!

Jessica

Granada, Spain--Jessica

Prior to coming to Granada I didn´t have much of a preconcieved idea as to what the experience was going to entail. I didn´t know how big Granada was, I didn´t know what they culture and the people were like, had zero idea how hard my classes were going to be... but i was excited! This experience has been one of the best decisions i´ve made and i am so glad i decided to do it here! After traveling to other cities, I couldn´t imagine studying anywhere other than Granada. It is the perfect size for students. Most everyone speaks soley in Spanish and the city is small enough you can walk just about anywhere in a decent amount of time yet big enough you don´t feel like you´re in a pueblo. Granada also has the perfect location-- it´s just a bus ride away from hiking, the beach, and the mountains. There is literally something for everyone to do.
I am so glad I picked SOL because coming from Missouri State it was one of my cheapest options and the onsite staff have bene wonderful. They have a good repuation of having good host families, and it´s true. The families are absolutely wonderful.
I would definitely recomend this program and this city to just about anyone wanting to spend an extended amount of time in Spain.
TRAVEL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. When will you ever get to be abroad for 4 months again? Use your weekends, go out and have tapas, spend time with Spaniards, spend time with people from school, this is a once in a lifetime experience and you wont want to go home having any regrets!

I think they should have more excursions like Sevilla! To toledo, or sacremonte, or gilbralter! There´s a lot of cities in Spain I wish I visitied that I know a lot of people on other programs visited with their programs. The pre-planned excursions also give people with travel anxiety, like me, a stress free excursion!
Colleen

Spring in Granada

With only two weeks until I leave for the U.S., my time in Granada is officially coming to a close. It is strange to think how quickly my time here is ending. When I first arrived in January, I remember feeling overwhelmed by how much time I was going to be in a foreign place. Four months felt like an eternity. I felt uncertain of how I would handle being away from home for such a long time. However, I now feel like those four months have flown by. I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. It’s funny how slowly time seems to be moving, and then, as you become engrossed in your everyday life, it suddenly moves at an extremely rapid pace.
I feel infinitely grateful for my time in Granada this semester. I had the opportunity to experience Spanish culture, improve my Spanish language skills, and meet some incredible people. I was able to travel to many countries: Italy, Belgium, France, Portugal, and Spain of course. I was able to be in Europe with my family and new friends that I made while being here. Coming into this, I sincerely had no expectations. People would ask me if I was excited, and I never really knew what to say. I was excited to be in a new country, but I did not really know what for. I had not yet met the people I would be spending all my time with. I had never been to Spain. I had no plans for what I was going to do when I was here. So I came into this expecting nothing, and I feel so grateful for the many incredible things I received.
Furthermore, I feel as though I have grown as a person throughout my time here. I have learned that putting yourself in unfamiliar situations can result in great self improvement. I was so nervous to come here because there was so much I did not know. However, I feel as though I have become a more confident, independent, and optimistic person because of it. I was able to meet people I never would have had I stayed at home: my incredible host mom, my roommate, and the many, many other friends I have made. While learning to appreciate a new culture, I also gained a new appreciation for my own home in the U.S.. There is so much I have learned, and I hope to bring these lessons with me wherever I go. I have simply had the best time.

Alison

Granada, Spain

My experience with SOL education abroad was amazing. I came here very stressed out and nervous that i wasnt going to make it all the way through the semester or have a good time. However, I met so many wonderful people, including my host family who made my stay so much better and helped me to grow so much as a person. The classes in the university were also great and the professors were wonderful teachers and an even better help for adjusting to life here. i learned so much from my time here and I would recommend it to anyone who was considering studying abroad.

Josephine

Sol Program- Granada, Spain

Sol´s Granada, Spain program has been a phenomenal experience! I have greatly enjoyed being immersed in Spanish learning and daily life, and it has resulted in significant improvement in my Spanish skills. Excursions were well-planned, informative, and interesting. I have met so many people here from diverse backgrounds, and made lasting memories! Make sure to check out the miradors throughout the city to take in vistas of the Alhambra at sunset.

Emily

Granada Spain

This program was so much fun. I really enjoyed the city of granada, but I wish I was able to experience real college here. The clm was very helpful, but it seems much more like high school with a small amount of rooms and professors and classes with all the same people. I wish we had more time in this city! However, the program was worth everything, I recommend the intensive month for sure! It was so much more informative than the course classes here, and I recommend doing the intensive month if you can instead!

More excursions in spain, less small cultural activities and larger activities would be more beneficial.
Emily

You'll never want to go back

Although you may be wondering if this is the right decision, if you should leave your home, family and friends to go abroad, please think twice, and GO!
SOL and studying abroad will make you grow, understand about other countries, yourself, and culture. You will meet amazing people, learn a language and make memories you will never forget!
SOL will provide you with loving directors and families, people you will be able to talk to and ask questions to. SOL will give you a full experience of cultural events and information to know more about your country. You will have time to travel, you will meet people you'll remember for a lifetime.
Think again, study abroad!

Paige

An amazing expereince!

Studying with SOL was such an amazing experience. The staff is so supportive, the city is so fun, and living with a host family was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Living with a family is not only an amazing way to practice your spanish, but it is an opportunity to try the best food ever. The excursions with SOL were also great because they include all the things you actually want to do in Granada! I highly recomend this program!

Lois

Best Experience I’ve had Abroad

I absolutely loved my time in Granada. The city is absolutely beautiful, but Sol helps you really plug into the city and help you experience it on a more personal level. For example, they surround you with the most loving and supportive people. The directors, teachers and host families were all so genuinely caring and made a huge impact on my experience there. This made the classes so enjoyable and productive. I improved in my spanish exponentially in my time there, and I had fun while in the classroom. It was truly an unforgettable experience that I’m forever grateful for.

Sambridhi

Great Experience in Granada, Spain!

After studying in Granada, Spain this winter break, I realized that I wanted to share my amazing experience abroad with other students. I learned so much in such a short period of time and gained invaluable memories with other students in my program. Not only did I improve my Spanish significantly, I was able to immerse myself in the vibrant Spanish culture. During this experience, I received a lot of support and guidance from my program directors and teachers. I would like to share my experiences and recommend this program to others.

Diana

Mi experiencia en Granada

TRANSLATION:

These 3 months I've lived in Granada have been fantastic, I have met wonderful people and made great friends. The trips I made with my friends and with the program were unforgettable experiences. I really enjoyed traveling to Morocco because it is a culture very different from the other countries I have known. I would tell future participants to not be afraid of traveling and meeting new friends. Granada is a great city to live in, people are very friendly and there are many places with a lot of history to visit. Granada is a very safe city too and I liked that a lot.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Estos 3 meses que he vivido en Granada han sido fantásticos, he conocido gente maravillo y he conocido grandes amigos. Los viajes que hice con mis amigos y con el programa fueron experiencias inolvidables. Me gusto mucho haber viajado a Marruecos porque es una cultura muy diferente a los otros países que he conocido. Les diría a los futuros participantes que no tengan miedo a viajar y conocer nuevos amigos. Granada es una gran ciudad para vivir, la gente es muy simpática y hay muchos lugares cheveres con mucha historia para visitar. Granada, es una ciudad muy segura también y eso me gusto mucho.

nada, el programa es perfecto.
Erin

Granada

This was the most exciting adventure I am yet to undertake. Going to a new country,and learning a new language has its difficulties but I wouldn’t trade the experience I’ve had for anything in the world. I want anyone thinking about coming to Spain to definitely try as hard as you can to get over here! The food, culture and people are incredible and interesting. Learning another culture will really open your eyes to know that there is more out there in the world.

Bernardo

Granada

It was a great program. Academics were great, Granada is a beautiful city with plenty to do and very accessible to a number of places to travel to. This expeience helped me learn so much about spanish culture and explore new places and try new things. I would try to bring lighter clothes if you go to granada because it is a warm climate and does not get very cold, a mistake I made because I thought it would get colder in December.

I think we would have more excursions to different places in Spain and reduce the number of cultural activities.
Daniel

SOL

I had a great experience from the start. My program directors were a great help and very knowledgeable. The homestay was perfect and the family was very welcoming. I enjoyed everything the program had to offer and more. I think the best part of my experience was being able to immerse myself into a new culture and learn a new language. I recommend this program to anyone who is curious about a spanish study abroad program. SOL Education is a great program and is there every step of the way.

About Sol Education Abroad

Sol Education Abroad (SOL) provides affordable study abroad opportunities in Costa Rica, Argentina, Spain, and Mexico. Sol Education Abroad prides itself in providing hands-on service to ensure an enriching experience abroad. It’s this unique...