Sol Education Abroad - Study Abroad in Granada, Spain

Sol Education Abroad, or SOL, is known for being the most personable program in Granada, Spain. With SOL, students take classes at the University of Granada prestigious Center for Modern Languages. The program directors at SOL assist you in taking advantage of all of the amazing activities Granada has to offer such as flamenco performances, cooking classes and exploring the incredible Alhambra Palace. SOL is recognized for its incredible host families and offers the most affordable priced Granada, Spain program around.

• Highly rated homestays
  • Included excursions and cultural activities
  • High-level academic advising and assistance
  • Attentive and dedicated onsite directors
  • Very personable and inclusive program

Catherine

The best decision I ever made for myself!

My experience with SOL was life-changing. I was able to significantly improve my Spanish comprehension and speaking. My professors, program directors, and host family made me feel truly welcomed to Spain and gave me much needed cultural context. I made such amazing friends and experienced so much life in the short amount of time I was living in Spain. I'm even considering moving to Spain after graduation!

Katherine

My Second Home

It's hard to put into words without sounding cliché, but this study abroad experience was one I will remember for the rest of my life. It challenged me in more ways than one as I got the chance to receive credit, become more confident in a second language, meet SO many awesome people from around the world, and really just dive in and explore one city out of the many many this world has to offer (with the help of SOL Education Abroad).
The best way to sum up how I feel once returning to the US would be that I would be happy with one weekend here with family and friends and then I'd hop right back on the next plane back to Spain. Everything is so new, exciting, and puts you out of your comfort zone. I felt as though I could go back and be a tour guide for my family and friends if we ever return. From the diverse cultural activities (anything from the beaches to the mountains - my favorite activity was canyoning in Rio Verde - all within an hour apart) to the jaw-dropping sunsets, Granada definitely stole my heart.
I would highly recommend any student (with a reason or without) to trust in SOL and let them help you create your own experience. Studying abroad impacts every student in their own way and more often than not it doesn't fail to broaden his/her perspective on life! You hear about it all the time from friends, so when the opportunity presents itself, definitely just say yes and spend the money because life is way too short not to go!

Overall, I loved my experience and would not change a thing. I would recommend for students staying longer than one month to try and keep them involved with SOL (it's kind of like we were just on our own that last month) so maybe offer at least one activity a week to bring everybody together and close. It definitely wasn't a negative thing not having activities the second month, becuase it helped us learn how to plan and really get the free time to do things we wanted, but also there were times when it would've been easier if we were just told to meet here and follow our guide (who knows Granada better than anyone) to some really cool lookout.
Kristina

The Most Rewarding 8 Weeks of my Life

This was my first time going abroad without family, or a friend. By going on this trip, and doing the things I did (traveling to different cities, countries, doing new things) I proved to myself that I can be independent. Not only that, but I also learned to adapt; adapt to a new culture, lifestyle, food, mentality. After this experience I feel like I get to take home with me a deeper understanding and appreciation of culture, and widened perspective of the world and culture. This was by far the most worthwhile experience of my life! I would recommend going abroad with SOL to anyone who has a slight interest in learning more about the world.

Claudia

Abroad in Granada

First, I can hardly believe that this is ending already. Since arriving in Granada, I was in awe of all the culture. But it wasn´t until soon after that the culture shock hit a bit too hard and suddenly I was surrounded by people I didn´t know and put in a classroom. It was a bit much to take in all at once. I think that every future participant should know that studying abroad is bound to be uncomfortable and that they shouldn´t feel guilty for feeling so or being homesick. However, the SOL experience was full of things to get my mind off how I felt, kicking off with some of the most amazing cultural experiences of my life. Up until the end it was filled with one of a kind experiences. On top of that, the sooner you have people to go out with, the sooner you have your own unique experiences like exploring the city, the country, or even other countries nearby. Those will make for some of the best stories. I can already tell that this has been a huge impact on my life and within this month alone I feel like I´ve grown and changed. As much as I´m looking forward to being back in the states, I don´t regret my experience here and I´m extremely thankful for it and how fortunate I am to have been in the SOL program.

Keegan

SOL Education Granada = amazing

SOL has created an amazing program in Granada Spain. Granada is one of the cleanest cities that I have been to and is also a very welcoming environment to learn Spanish in. From wandering the halls of the Alhambra to paddle boarding in Nerja SOL provides the absolute biggest bang for for your buck when it comes to study abroad programs. Their staff is also extremely helpful and cared so much about my well being that they escorted me to the dentist to help translate when I had an issue.

There are not many things to improve in this program.
Maria

Mi experiencia en Granada

TRANSLATION: The SOL program was excellent in a few words. If you have the opportunity to visit Granada and study here do it. This will help you academically and help you improve your Spanish. It would be better if the university or the program would help you take classes with the native people here so you would make more connections than usual. Enjoy a lot with your family and if you do not feel good with them ask for the change or just talk to them. Meet people and enjoy the time you fly by!

El programa SOL estuvo excelente en pocas palabras. Si tienes la oportunidad de visitar Granada y estudiar aquí hazlo. Esto te va a ayudar academicamente y te ayudara a mejorar tu español. Seria mejor si la universidad o el programa te ayudar a tomar clases con la gente nativa de aquí así harías mas conexiones de lo normal. Disfruta mucho con tu familia y si no te sientes bien con ellos pide el cambio o solamente habla con ellos. Conoce gente y disfruta que el tiempo se pasa volando!

Offering more classes and different times.
Jose

Sol Education in Granada, Spain

Studying abroad on the southern coast of Spain was an exprience I´d never expected to have been able to do, but I´m glad to have had the opportunity. I was there for a short four weeks, but was still able to see and do so much! The program directors were always available to answer any questions or concerns I had during the program, and the excursions were a lot of fun. I was able to connect with my host family at a personal level over shared experiences and interests, and my host mom also cooked some authentic Spanish food that was super delicious!

The weekend beach trip to Malaga was lovely for one day, but I regret not knowing it was Picasso´s birth city, I would have loved to learn about his life there and see some of his paintings.
Nancy

A Dream Come True

What made my experience unique wa sthe people that helped me on everything. Coming with Sol was a great help because they were always willing to help you out in anything you needed. I never imagine myself in Spain and here I am. All the places I visited will always be saved in my hert. Specially la Alahambra, that is a place you cannot miss. Practice the language of were you going because it is really helpful to know what everyone is saying, but it also shouldn´t be an obstacle. Be open minded and prepared for everything because you will see plenty of stuff that you do not see at home.

Cassidy

Life changing

German, Alejandro, Edu, and Gonzalo could not have been kinder and more helpful! I feel really lucky to have had them in my experience, along with my host mom (Ana Villén). Once I got here, I knew I was going to wish I had stayed longer. All of the activities were fun and highlighted all of Granada’s charm. Although school was difficult, especially in one month, it couldn’t take away from all the life experience I gained throughout my time with Sol. I truly don’t think it matters what program you use for studying abroad. I think all that matters is the personal of the program, and I believe Sol has the greatest personal there is to offer. I have fallen in love with Granada and truly don’t ever want to leave!

Dylan

Sol Education abroad in Granada, Spain

This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I loved every aspect of my trip and the people and memories i have made will last a lifetime. Thank you sol! This trip really made me improve my spanish not only through the classes i took, but also through the immersion into the spanish culture of granada. I have been so blessed to be able to have this oppurtunity and i highly reccomend doing it to anyone out there who is debating studying abroad.

More excursions to other countries and cities.
Taylor

El mejor semana de mi vida

I have met the most amazing people and visited the most amazing places during this month. I love traveling and hope to continue my travels in the future. I´d highly recommend this program to anyone and everyone! I know I´ll stay friends with the people I´ve met for years to come. It doesn´t matter who you are or where you´re from; there will always be a connection as long as you´re willing to reach out and meet new people.

School was a bit tedious at times
Makenna

Absolutely life changing

Choosing to embark on a study abroad program with Sol Education was the best decision I could have made. Not only was the experience as a whole life changing and eye opening, but the program was phenomenal as well. The staff was so involved, and gave us just the right amount of excursions as well as free time. I felt truly immersed during my time here in Granada, and would reccomend Sol Education to anyone who is considering to study abroad in a foreign country!

Adriana

La vida es mejor cuando estas en España

This SOL experience was unique because you are immerse in a new culture. Learning about a new culture is so cool as you get to understand and experience quality food. For examples tapas, free food when you buy a drink. Life is so much fun here in Spain. You will have time to travel, travel travel, travel if you do longer program, the 4 months one. Some of my favorite memories Aboard is getting to know some cool people. Life is so much more relaxing when you are studying Aboard. If given the opportunity I would definitely chose studying Aboard!

It’s a good program, I like it’s system.
Hannah

Spain Spring Semester

I really enjoyed studying abroad in Granada. I really enjoyed my classes and living with a host family is an experience I´ll never forget. My host mom was so sweet and really made my experience special. In addition to my classes, I also had the opportunity to do an internship in a local Spanish hospital, which is something really unique to this program. I really enjoyed having the chance to get experience in a hospital and practice Spanish at the same time, and it definitely was one of my favorite parts of my study abroad experience. I feel like my Spanish really improved and getting to travel to so many different places was amazing! If I had the chance to do it all over again I wouldn´t change a thing!

Jessica

Granada, Spain--Jessica

Prior to coming to Granada I didn´t have much of a preconcieved idea as to what the experience was going to entail. I didn´t know how big Granada was, I didn´t know what they culture and the people were like, had zero idea how hard my classes were going to be... but i was excited! This experience has been one of the best decisions i´ve made and i am so glad i decided to do it here! After traveling to other cities, I couldn´t imagine studying anywhere other than Granada. It is the perfect size for students. Most everyone speaks soley in Spanish and the city is small enough you can walk just about anywhere in a decent amount of time yet big enough you don´t feel like you´re in a pueblo. Granada also has the perfect location-- it´s just a bus ride away from hiking, the beach, and the mountains. There is literally something for everyone to do.
I am so glad I picked SOL because coming from Missouri State it was one of my cheapest options and the onsite staff have bene wonderful. They have a good repuation of having good host families, and it´s true. The families are absolutely wonderful.
I would definitely recomend this program and this city to just about anyone wanting to spend an extended amount of time in Spain.
TRAVEL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. When will you ever get to be abroad for 4 months again? Use your weekends, go out and have tapas, spend time with Spaniards, spend time with people from school, this is a once in a lifetime experience and you wont want to go home having any regrets!

I think they should have more excursions like Sevilla! To toledo, or sacremonte, or gilbralter! There´s a lot of cities in Spain I wish I visitied that I know a lot of people on other programs visited with their programs. The pre-planned excursions also give people with travel anxiety, like me, a stress free excursion!

About Sol Education Abroad

Sol Education Abroad (SOL) provides affordable study abroad opportunities in Costa Rica, Argentina, Spain, and Mexico. Sol Education Abroad prides itself in providing hands-on service to ensure an enriching experience abroad. It’s this unique...