ITTT TEFL Course in Prague, Czech Republic

ITTT TEFL Course in Prague, Czech Republic

The city of Prague in the Czech Republic is an ever popular destination for English teachers and trainees alike. The city offers plenty of opportunity to those starting out their English teaching career and its central location makes it an ideal base for exploring other countries in the region. Prague’s historic and cultural attractions combined with its thriving nightlife provide plenty to see and do in your free time.

Our course in Prague consists of four weeks of in-class training covering the essentials of English language teaching, including methodology, grammar, lesson planning and actual teaching practice with real English language students. On graduation, participants receive an internationally recognized TEFL certificate and lifetime job placement guidance.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague

• Facilities

Michael
Easton, PA

TEFL in Prague

Taking the TEFL International Course offered in Prague was a choice I made in determining a change in careers and in every way, it was the right choice. The course is very intense, but structured in a way that allows you to accomplish all of your work and enjoy the magical city of Prague and its environs at the same time. The professionalism of all of the trainers was apparent in the input sessions and the level of attention given to the trainees far exceeded my expectations. The teacher practice was most beneficial as the hands teaching allowed for the students to put in action all of the methods needed to be a TEFL teacher.

Shelby
Southwestern University

Unshakeable Foundation

I went into this program with passion but nothing else, so to come out of it four months later with the confidence and skills to teach English anywhere in the world is amazing. This school felt like a family to me. They were extremely dedicated not only to helping us succeed in our training but also to helping us adapt to our new lives abroad. The small classes were exactly what I needed to learn, as I was able to ask all the questions I needed and we were all given very individualized attention and feedback. This class was very authentic for the kind of teaching I will be doing and was executed in a way that made me feel comfortable despite learning all new skills in a completely foreign country.

I think the most efficient way to improve the class as a whole would be if the various instructors created detailed lesson plans for themselves so that they can keep track of which assignments and reminders need to be passed onto the students at any given time. Just going through a detailed syllabus together at the very beginning of the course would help a lot to keep student and teacher expectations on the same level.

Matthew
Michigan State University

TEFL in Praha

The class of 3 trainees made the 4 wk training much more personal, with much more individual attention that crafted me in to a highly effective and efficient teacher. Each trainer at the facility was very highly skilled in all the areas I trained in, really instilling confidence in my learning and my teaching ability. The staff was top notch, my only concern was the instructions on the assignments because it really created unneeded stress during the final weeks of the training.

Trainers and directors need to be clearer on instructions for expected assignments from the trainees - they briefly brushed over the assignments, did not really give us the scope of the seriousness of them nor the expected length of each assignment.

Stephanie
University of California- Davis

Very Good Course

The course was pretty intensive, but it did help prepare me for teaching. The staff were very nice, and incredibly helpful. It was obvious that they cared about us and went out of their way to help in any way they could.

I would have liked the opportunity to teach a little more, but overall the course was really well set up.

Mae
Arcata, CA
Humboldt State University

Wonderful experience!

The course is quite rigorous, but the entire staff is extremely helpful. I came over from the states, and I was always assisted with all of the practical things -- accomodation, bus pass, phone, etc. The course trainers are all extremely qualified and helpful with planning lessons, finding resources for classes, and finding work after the course. It is a really well-run organization who genuinely cares for the trainees.

For our course, we only practised 45 minute lessons-- it would have been good practise to have had one 90 minute lesson. I would have liked to try this under the guidance of the teacher trainers.

Dita

Review.

Very quality course taught by real professionals and at the same very friendly people. They were always ready to help with any questions and materials even without asking for them:). I found very useful receiving a lot of advice when planning my teaching lessons and then getting from them very constructive feedback. I really enjoyed this course, because it made me feel more confident about my teaching and not only that.

Cannot think of anything now, sorry.

Eva
Prague, The Czech Republic

Extremely helpful in all situations

Diversity of trainees who were always well prepared, helpful and encouraging. Variety of classes which we had to teach. Individual approach to every participant. Friendly environment. I seriously felt almost like at home :).
The organizers took us out for a dinner, guided tour, theatre...
Regarding students, I had to teach, I especially enjoyed youths (abt 13yo).

Encourage participants to try to teach all parts of the lesson (grammar, vocab., listening, speaking, writing, ...) during the course.

Tracy
University of Colorado- Boulder

TEFL Prague

The overall experience with the TEFL program was great. It is amazing how much you can learn about a language that you just take for granted knowing how to speak. The location was easy to get to and the staff was very knowledgable and helpful. The days seemed long, but the course went by quickly. We had ample amount of time and help with lesson planning and actually teaching lessons. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with kids as well as adults. Prague itself is a beautiful city worth visiting and living in for some time. There are many opportunities to teach English here.

The teachers to be more on the same page with the direction of the program and a little more organized. We experienced some confusion on what is to be done and when with a few assignments. Little more communication between staff and students.

Daniel
Washington D.C.
University of Maryland

A wonderful way to learn useful skills and see the sights

I found this course quite exceptional. The teachers and staff were all extremely knowledgeable and gave realistic and helpful advice. They were also very friendly and approachable. There was not one time that I felt as though I was not in capable hands.

The course load was completely manageable, however the days were long and tiring. It is definitely a trail by fire, you teach your first lesson on day three of the course.

The program from time to time gave the impression that not all of the teachers were on exactly the same page. So sometimes things got a little bit repetitive. Also, I could have handled a few more grammar lessons.

Patricia
Nigeria

ITTT TEFL Course in Prague made me more confident!

Starting from when I applied for this course, till when I got TEFL certified, ITTT TEFL, Prague never left me alone. I got visa assistant from them, was picked up from the airport on my arrival to Prague, and was taken to my place of accommodation by them. A tour was organized for me to get me accustomed to my route, so I can comfortably move around Prague.

At the training house, I got wonderful help from all the staff, and the course trainer was super nice to us all. He made sure we begin each morning with a free tea or coffee. The training was intense and it made me a surer teacher because I was taught to first of all find out what my language learners' weaknesses are before planning a befitting esl lessons for them.

Creating teaching materials by myself made me tensed at the beginning, but I later became perfect in doing that after my trainer spent time with me, guiding me on how to get it done. Notwithstanding, before coming to Prague, I could only teach children, but after my series of lesson plans and teaching practices on adults, I can now boldly teach adults, both in class and in "one on one" basis.

Thanks to ITTT TEFL Course in Prague. I am a better English teacher now.

I would like to change the fact that there is no job guarantee after this course. Finishing the course with a job waiting for you would be great! My friends are actually ready to pay more as long as there would be a job waiting for them after the course.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future