ITTT TEFL Course in New York

ITTT TEFL Course in New York

ITTT’s New York training center provides excellent TEFL training right in the heart of the world’s most famous city. Located in midtown Manhattan, you are sure to find something to occupy your time when you are not busy studying for the course or preparing for your next practice lesson. Whether visiting the city’s world famous landmarks, enjoying the many restaurants, bars and clubs or catching a game at Madison Square Garden, you are bound to come away from our New York TEFL course with unforgettable memories and our team of dedicated teacher trainers will make sure that you come away with the skills needed to be a successful English teacher anywhere in the world.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

North America » United States of America » New York

Mary-Lynn
New York, NY
Nyack College

My Review

I found the course to be very practical. I am a volunteer ESOL teacher and therefore the course helped modify many of my flawed teaching strategies. It was fun and interactive. Professor Cornejo was available for any questions we had throughout the course. We were able to practice the teaching methods with EFL students and it was very beneficial for my overall growth as a teacher.

No changes.

Vladimir

An Opportunity Worth Taking

Everyday I learned something new. The first three days learning a new language gave me a great understand of where some of my future students may be coming from. The teacher was willing to answer any of my questions. Many chances were given to practice my personal english grammar skills and to teach real adult ESL students. The teacher was very supportive and patient towards me. Even though I'm a native English speaker, I came into the class worried if my English skills were good enough. I am now leaving with several new friendships, including my supporting teacher, and a new confidence of being able to teach English.

More teaching in long term curriculum planning.

Fiona
University of Scranton

Very Good Course

I thought the course was very valuable to take in a classroom with the opportunity to teach real students everyday. I like how that we were able to learn classroom structures and how to teach and then apply it and practice it everyday. It definitely made my commute worth it and I feel more confident that I can actually teach in a classroom after taking this course.

I wish there were more students available that we can teach because usually there were only one to three each day.

Mandy
State University of New York- Oswego

Everything You'll Need

This course is excellent and extremely practical. After the first two or three days of introduction you receive at least 30 minutes of teaching practice every day. You will also be reintroduced and reminded of grammar points invaluable to your teaching. I had never taught a day in my life before taking the course in New York, and now I am confident I will excel in my new job in Japan. We were given ideas for techniques, not only to most effectively teach, but enjoyably in a modern setting.

I would have liked more information on the methodology of long-term class planning (curriculum planning).

Lisa
Hannawa Falls, New York
Messiah College

TEFL Course Review

This intensive course was very timely, and provided me with new opportunities to advance my teaching career. I was one of two students who was native to the United States, and I was the only one truly born here. The other classmates were a lot of fun, and we worked well together. I most enjoyed working with the students that came to the center, and being able to teach them English. I realized through this course that I really enjoy teaching English to adults. I already had experience teaching children. I learned how to work with other students trying to accomplish the same end results. I quickly discovered how much information I was receiving for such a short course. The self-reflections were long, but worth it. And lesson planning was fun, and afforded many opportunities to be creative. However, after completing the course, I was expecting more help with job placement from ITTT and I have received very little help. I have some links, but mostly, they seem to be links to other schools providing the same/similar TEFL certification courses. I do hope to secure a TESL/TEFL job soon enough, but I do need some help in where to look, and what schools are the best, both locally and abroad. I am especially interested in Latin America. I am grateful to have had this opportunity.

If I had to change one thing, I would have more staff available at the school, where one person would help with job placements, another may be in charge of the school, and even another person would handle administrative/paperwork needs. I realized quickly that our teacher was doing everything, and it looked exhausting. For this to happen, a bigger facility would be necessary, but being in the city, I realize that is harder to do.

Katerina

ITTT International - student feedback - AMAZING Course

I like the Foreign Language Journal, the real class experience, new and very interesting people that became my lifelong friends, classes full of fun activities, reviews of the grammar material, teaching methodology and classroom approaches and methods. Various techniques and practical experience which was also very interesting

Maybe only the month nothing else.

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future