Internationally recognised TESOL-Full relocation service- Guaranteed job placement

Teacher's Friend - Vietnam
Teacher's Friend - Vietnam
Teaching English in Vietnam
Teaching English in Vietnam
River in Vietnam
River in Vietnam
millions of motorcycles!
millions of motorcycles!
Upstairs Classroom at the Chua La - Go Vap Pagoda Language School.
It is okay to encourage students to enjoy class a little!

Assistance with everything you need to start teaching in Vietnam. Arrive in Vietnam with your documents ready to go and no mistakes, all packed with the essentials and nothing left at home, have a job ready and waiting paying at least $1200 US per month, move into your new home hassle-free (I'll do the searching and hard work for you) and have a clear idea of your surroundings within 24 hours of arrival due to our city tour and much more!
Get TESOL qualified by the Australian Government for a TEFL course that will be internationally recognised and help you get a job anywhere in the world. This course is face to face and includes teacher training and practice with real students and feedback from a trained ESL (English as a Second Language) professional. Get guaranteed job placement in Vietnam or Cambodia and free accommodation throughout the course. Make friends and meet other teachers at the Welcome Dinner and drinks and take the City Tour of your chosen city.

• SUPER service- Specialised (only in Vietnam) Unique (a number of options to suit you), Personlised (You still have choice), Empathetic (I know how you feel) Reliable (Trusted, honest partners ready to help you whenever you need it!)
  • Welcome meal to meet new friends and teachers and city tour
  • Guaranteed job placement in country of your choice!
  • Work with locals, help the local community
  • Exceptional customer service and teacher support

Currents offers and updates

Sign up with a friend and get $100 off per person.
Sign up within 21 days of initial enquiry and receive $50 off.
Now offering 150 hour internationally accredited TESOL in Vietnam and Cambodia.

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 8.9
James

Great advice

She is the go-to person for advice on TEFL in Vietnam.

She is a great resource for contract review and negotiation and esl career advice. She reviewed my contract and terms and helped me secure a better offer: she also helped determine which city and neighborhood housing I should pick for housing.

She also knows a lot about how to get set up in Vietnam long term. She is well versed on relative area security, raising kids there and the international school situation.

Finally she is knowledgeable about the international school business in Vietnam. She knows how it works and what qualifications you need to get involved.

The one and only resource for Vietnam teachers. Highly recommended.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Pho is amazing the food is great here. Also be sure to try che, buncha and bang mi thit.
Chiara

Highly recommend

Moving to Vietnam to teach English is an adventure to say the least. Like all adventures, it has its good and bad days. Georgie was there for me, on both the good and the bad. She was always there to support me and give me advice when I was freaking out about things- anything ranging from feeling home sick, to housing, to jobs, to just general anxious moments. That's what makes Georgie's service so invaluable: having someone who genuinely cares and will always help you out, like a real friend would!
When it came to finding jobs she put me into contact with different schools and I quickly had interviews lined up. Her connections in the ESL community in Vietnam another one of her assets.
It's a good feeling knowing someone's in your corner, especially someone as able and kind as Georgie. I highly recommend Teacher's Friend to anyone thinking of moving to Vietnam.

Adrien

Teacher's Friend

I would highly recommend to anyone who might be interested in teaching abroad. It's perfect if you're looking to go more independently and not through an organization, but still have support and advice from someone who has lived and taught in Vietnam for many years. This experience has opened my eyes to places and opportunities I never thought I'd have. And I can say with confidence that Teacher's Friend is true to their name, as I honestly do feel like I have a friend looking out for me at all times and is there if I ever need anything. Day in and day out, you can see that she genuinely cares about each of her clients and wants nothing but for them to be happy and succeed. I have fallen in love with Hanoi and Vietnam as a whole and I cannot say that I would have had the same reaction or experiences had it not been for Georgie and her guidance and assistance!

My only suggestion would be perhaps a revised pre departure info packet and maybe more open communication with the language centre where clients would be getting their TESOL.
Alyssa

Moving to Vietnam was a good idea...

Last year, I decided to teach English in Vietnam. After searching through online programs, I finally found one that suited my needs. Georgie helped me with my application and sent them to competitive schools in the area I requested. She helped me secure the job before I landed. After I arrived in Vietnam, she set me up with a tour and a contact. The contact showed me some great local spots to eat and drink. She helped relieve anxiety about moving to another country and offered support whenever I needed. Georgie placed me in a language school that I really enjoy. I have made many friends since coming to Vietnam and it is thanks to Georgie's understanding of the English teaching market. Without Georgie's assistance, I think I would have been more nervous to move my whole life abroad.

Jenny

Amazing!

Moving to Vietnam from Canada to teach seemed daunting at the beginning but Teacher's Friend truly made the transition so much easier. Georgie made sure that I was fully prepared before I left for Vietnam, making sure I had everything in place (proper visa, documents etc) as well as provided me with all of the knowledge I would need for when I arrived. Once I got to Hanoi, I started working almost instantly for an extremely credible company. I have now been in Vietnam for 5 months and Georgie continues to support me whenever I have any concerns. She is always ready to help, extremely positive, and kind! Georgie truly has a unique service that offers security, peace of mind, and a friend who has your back through your transition into becoming a teacher. I would recommend TFV to anyone looking to teach in Vietnam!

Caroline

Get peace of mind when making a big leap!

After going through some big, unexpected changes in my late 20s, I decided that teaching English in Vietnam would be the next chapter of my life. In the previous year everything I thought I knew about where I was going fell away, so what I really needed when I approached Georgie was some peace of mind about my future.

And she delivered!

Georgie is a genuine gem of a person and does everything in her power to help you get on your feet. She not only helped me secure a job with a reputable language school and find an amazing place to live, but also helped out with things like finding an English-speaking therapist when I was going through a tough time during my first few months in Vietnam.

She is super approachable, and when she says you can contact her FOR ANYTHING, she really means it.

If you want to leap into teaching English in Vietnam, but are hesitant to jump into a new career, country and environment, then chat to Georgie and see if she can offer you the same sense of security that she gave me.

Katie

You always have a friend with TFV!

I have worked abroad in Australia and New Zealand and there were time when things went wrong or I was unaware of certain things. This is why I choose TFV fo support me in my move to Vietnam. I am so glad I did! Georgie has been so supportive in every aspect of moving here, from the visa, to the langauge centers and even small things like where to go to the dentists! Georgie is such a great source of information and a friend who you can always talk to no matter what!

Charlotte

Do it!

I can't recommend Teacher's Friend enough. Georgie's presence throughout my move to Hanoi has been one of the most important facilitators of this adventure.
A couple of months ago, I decided to try and make a go of moving to Hanoi in Vietnam where I would teach English for a living. I was excited and motivated - until the stress and confusion of working out how, exactly, I was going to organise it, got me down. I was incredibly lucky to stumble across Teacher's Friend in a travel blog post. After an email exchange, I knew that this was exactly what I needed.
From the word 'go' Georgie helped me in countless ways. She was an endless source of well-informed advice and wisdom. She knew what needed to be done and how to do it. She helped me figure out all of the logistics - getting a job, telling me how to sort out my documents, making sure I knew what to expect.. the list is endless. But also, she helped with my confidence in my adventure. I knew that if I had any questions or anything happened that I needed help with, I had someone I trusted who I could go to - this provided a sense of security that is a game changer when travelling solo. My experience with Georgie has been warm, personable, enjoyable, understanding as well as efficient, reliable, and organised. I cannot thank her enough.

ben

Teacher's Friend Review

My partner and I have moved to Hanoi and settled into life here very quickly. We couldn't have done it without Georgie and all her advice. One of the most important ways she helped us was in sorting out housing through a reputable and very helpful housing agency who showed us a good range of suitable, clean and well-maintained houses in decent districts. Also, the advice Georgie provided in areas of visas, travel, transport (buying motorbikes) and establishing a friendly and reliable support network of people and companies in Hanoi was invaluable. Teacher's Friend Vietnam is a 10/10 must if you are fairly new to travelling or want to settle in quickly and without hassle. Thank you, Georgie!

Ruth

Teacher's Friend Vietnam

Georgie has gone above and beyond expectations to help me from Day One . Initially, I was incredibly indecisive about the direction of my future, faced with the end of my university career and attempting to arrange several internships which eventually fell through. Georgie was unbelievably patient throughout this patient and when, months later, I decided to make the move to Vietnam she immediately went about setting up interviews, looking for accommodation and sorting out my visa application. As I had completed my TEFL online, we faced a couple of difficulties at first in finding a company willing to hire me, however Georgie was very reassuring and restored my confidence, shortly thereafter arranging an interview with ILA where I have now been working for nearly two months. I am very satisfied with the company and the terms of my contract, knowing that in Hanoi it can be rare to find so much security in the workplace with many teaching jobs. For this reason, among many others, I would wholeheartedly recommend Teacher's Friend to ease the hectic process of setting out on life in Vietnam and comfortably find a secure job. Many thanks Georgie, I don't know what I would have done without you!

Hannah

Fabulous

Georgie was a massive help for my partner and I relocating to Hanoi. For work she set us up with interviews and we’re now working at a great language centre. She also recommended good businesses and helped us to find an apartment. She is extremely helpful and personable, exactly the sort of person you need to know when choosing to teach abroad. We would highly recommend Georgie and we’re very thankful for she has done for us.

Rohit

Teacher's friend Vietnam (Georgie) is truly dedicated to your success

I would like to say thank you to TFV and the team.
Georgie, has been exceptionally supportive and has provided a great service. I am a non native speaker, and I have quite good language skills. Despite that I wasn't even getting any interview calls. We both had to brainstorm and make my application noteworthy. Georgie supported me in every way possible. She assisted with everything ranging from VISA to proof checking my cover letters. She was always there when I needed any kind of help.
I would highly recommend her services.

Anneliese

More than just a company

Georgie’s work is so much more than a service. Georgie is truly a friend to the people she works with. When I was browsing through different companies and resources to start my adventure to Vietnam I was overwhelmed by the options. There were lists of endless different companies wanting to help me but I never felt truly connected to them, it felt more like they were out for my money. Immediately after speaking to Georgie I felt comforted. She was like talking to a friend I had known for ages and who had already gone through this process. I am sure those other companies do a great job at helping you through the visa processes and all the other paperwork but Georgie sticks with you through the weird questions. Georgie was always more than willing to help me out with more personal questions that I think other places would have been annoyed or weird about answering. Teacher’s Friend is not only a great company that is looking out for you but also a support system when starting a new life on your own. Georgie helped build my confidence and establish my comfort levels to start this new journey. Though this seemed huge and daunting Georgie helped me feel prepared and excited to start a new life!

Malusu

TFV has my BEST interests at heart <3

From the moment I started interacting with Georgie from TFV, I felt like I was talking to a sister. She was just so friendly and understanding. You can tell she has only the purest intentions at heart. In this day and age there are only a handful of people and companies you can trust and I am so confident in saying that Georgie and her team are counted in that handful.
I really appreciated the questionnaires and the pack of tools and materials (lesson plans etc) she sent to make my stay here in Vietnam a heck load easier.

I had so many reservations about taking this step but Georgie was there to reassure me every step of the way. It's almost like she knew what I was thinking at times because in a couple of her emails she would start them off by saying "Don't panic.." which is something I am so prone to doing.
I can't emphasize how helpful she's been. There wasn't anything she didn't mention.

Thanks Georgie, you're amazing!

There is nothing, away from TFV actually teaching for you that I can think of.
They've got ALL corners covered.
Chuck

Teachers Friend Vietnam

I've had a great experience with Teachers Friend Vietnam. Georgie helped me get settled here in Hanoi, Vietnam and plan everything beforehand, making my travel as stress-free as possible!

TFV helped me coordinate my visa, and collect the required documents to find a job and get a work permit. Many other teachers I come into contact with had no idea they needed these documents, so I feel very fortunate to have connected with TFV.

It was also helpful to know what to expect in terms of pay and hourly commitment to teach in Vietnam.

Can't recommend TFV enough. Thanks Georgie!

Staff Interviews

About Teacher's Friend - Vietnam

Beautiful scenery, wonderful culture, great students and unparalleled opportunities to save money make Vietnam the ideal place to teach English. Teacher's Friend Vietnam (TFV), is a friendly new start-up service designed by teachers, for teachers.I...