Teach Children in Vietnam with Teacher's Friend

Picture this: You're sat drinking coffee from the balcony of your new house, planning your lesson for your favourite class in your nice, new language centre. You feel excited about teaching, confident with the material and fully supported by your peers and managers. Later tonight you're heading out on your shiny new motorbike for dinner with your new friends who you met at the language exchange. Tomorrow you have your first Vietnamese class before a quick weekend away to Sapa, at discounted prices. You're stress free and loving life. Your bank account is full. Life is good.

This is what you get with Teacher's Friend.

We aim to take all of the stress out of your move by doing all the hard work for you. You are not just another number, you are a fellow teacher, a friend in need.

There are a lot of bad positions out there and we pride ourselves on being a personal, helpful service with our exclusive packages.

• Fantastic Price
  • Continuous support throughout your time in Vietnam
  • Run by experienced teachers- for teachers
  • Not just job placement
  • Help locals

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 8.9
Katie

You always have a friend with TFV!

I have worked abroad in Australia and New Zealand and there were time when things went wrong or I was unaware of certain things. This is why I choose TFV fo support me in my move to Vietnam. I am so glad I did! Georgie has been so supportive in every aspect of moving here, from the visa, to the langauge centers and even small things like where to go to the dentists! Georgie is such a great source of information and a friend who you can always talk to no matter what!

Charlotte

Do it!

I can't recommend Teacher's Friend enough. Georgie's presence throughout my move to Hanoi has been one of the most important facilitators of this adventure.
A couple of months ago, I decided to try and make a go of moving to Hanoi in Vietnam where I would teach English for a living. I was excited and motivated - until the stress and confusion of working out how, exactly, I was going to organise it, got me down. I was incredibly lucky to stumble across Teacher's Friend in a travel blog post. After an email exchange, I knew that this was exactly what I needed.
From the word 'go' Georgie helped me in countless ways. She was an endless source of well-informed advice and wisdom. She knew what needed to be done and how to do it. She helped me figure out all of the logistics - getting a job, telling me how to sort out my documents, making sure I knew what to expect.. the list is endless. But also, she helped with my confidence in my adventure. I knew that if I had any questions or anything happened that I needed help with, I had someone I trusted who I could go to - this provided a sense of security that is a game changer when travelling solo. My experience with Georgie has been warm, personable, enjoyable, understanding as well as efficient, reliable, and organised. I cannot thank her enough.

ben

Teacher's Friend Review

My partner and I have moved to Hanoi and settled into life here very quickly. We couldn't have done it without Georgie and all her advice. One of the most important ways she helped us was in sorting out housing through a reputable and very helpful housing agency who showed us a good range of suitable, clean and well-maintained houses in decent districts. Also, the advice Georgie provided in areas of visas, travel, transport (buying motorbikes) and establishing a friendly and reliable support network of people and companies in Hanoi was invaluable. Teacher's Friend Vietnam is a 10/10 must if you are fairly new to travelling or want to settle in quickly and without hassle. Thank you, Georgie!

Ruth

Teacher's Friend Vietnam

Georgie has gone above and beyond expectations to help me from Day One . Initially, I was incredibly indecisive about the direction of my future, faced with the end of my university career and attempting to arrange several internships which eventually fell through. Georgie was unbelievably patient throughout this patient and when, months later, I decided to make the move to Vietnam she immediately went about setting up interviews, looking for accommodation and sorting out my visa application. As I had completed my TEFL online, we faced a couple of difficulties at first in finding a company willing to hire me, however Georgie was very reassuring and restored my confidence, shortly thereafter arranging an interview with ILA where I have now been working for nearly two months. I am very satisfied with the company and the terms of my contract, knowing that in Hanoi it can be rare to find so much security in the workplace with many teaching jobs. For this reason, among many others, I would wholeheartedly recommend Teacher's Friend to ease the hectic process of setting out on life in Vietnam and comfortably find a secure job. Many thanks Georgie, I don't know what I would have done without you!

Hannah

Fabulous

Georgie was a massive help for my partner and I relocating to Hanoi. For work she set us up with interviews and we’re now working at a great language centre. She also recommended good businesses and helped us to find an apartment. She is extremely helpful and personable, exactly the sort of person you need to know when choosing to teach abroad. We would highly recommend Georgie and we’re very thankful for she has done for us.

Rohit

Teacher's friend Vietnam (Georgie) is truly dedicated to your success

I would like to say thank you to TFV and the team.
Georgie, has been exceptionally supportive and has provided a great service. I am a non native speaker, and I have quite good language skills. Despite that I wasn't even getting any interview calls. We both had to brainstorm and make my application noteworthy. Georgie supported me in every way possible. She assisted with everything ranging from VISA to proof checking my cover letters. She was always there when I needed any kind of help.
I would highly recommend her services.

Anneliese

More than just a company

Georgie’s work is so much more than a service. Georgie is truly a friend to the people she works with. When I was browsing through different companies and resources to start my adventure to Vietnam I was overwhelmed by the options. There were lists of endless different companies wanting to help me but I never felt truly connected to them, it felt more like they were out for my money. Immediately after speaking to Georgie I felt comforted. She was like talking to a friend I had known for ages and who had already gone through this process. I am sure those other companies do a great job at helping you through the visa processes and all the other paperwork but Georgie sticks with you through the weird questions. Georgie was always more than willing to help me out with more personal questions that I think other places would have been annoyed or weird about answering. Teacher’s Friend is not only a great company that is looking out for you but also a support system when starting a new life on your own. Georgie helped build my confidence and establish my comfort levels to start this new journey. Though this seemed huge and daunting Georgie helped me feel prepared and excited to start a new life!

Malusu

TFV has my BEST interests at heart <3

From the moment I started interacting with Georgie from TFV, I felt like I was talking to a sister. She was just so friendly and understanding. You can tell she has only the purest intentions at heart. In this day and age there are only a handful of people and companies you can trust and I am so confident in saying that Georgie and her team are counted in that handful.
I really appreciated the questionnaires and the pack of tools and materials (lesson plans etc) she sent to make my stay here in Vietnam a heck load easier.

I had so many reservations about taking this step but Georgie was there to reassure me every step of the way. It's almost like she knew what I was thinking at times because in a couple of her emails she would start them off by saying "Don't panic.." which is something I am so prone to doing.
I can't emphasize how helpful she's been. There wasn't anything she didn't mention.

Thanks Georgie, you're amazing!

There is nothing, away from TFV actually teaching for you that I can think of.
They've got ALL corners covered.
Chuck

Teachers Friend Vietnam

I've had a great experience with Teachers Friend Vietnam. Georgie helped me get settled here in Hanoi, Vietnam and plan everything beforehand, making my travel as stress-free as possible!

TFV helped me coordinate my visa, and collect the required documents to find a job and get a work permit. Many other teachers I come into contact with had no idea they needed these documents, so I feel very fortunate to have connected with TFV.

It was also helpful to know what to expect in terms of pay and hourly commitment to teach in Vietnam.

Can't recommend TFV enough. Thanks Georgie!

Beach Time
Crystal

New Start in the Nam

Teacher's Friend Vietnam was an amazing discovery! There is enough to contend with before and after an upheaval like moving abroad but Georgie, the TFV director, facilitated, organised and took the stress out of almost everything to do with the relocation: job interviews, accommodation options, language lessons, contacts out there, tips on how to adapt to your new life and suggestions on which foods to try! It was encouraging to have someone to go to to ask questions, knowing the answers you'd receive were expert, unbiased and in your best interests. The TFV service is exceptionally good value for money, especially given the time and hassle it saves. The support from Georgie was second to none and throughout my stay in Vietnam she did everything she could to make sure it was as enjoyable, comfortable and productive as possible.

Maxime

Fantastic experience!

Georgie is very patient, devoted and dynamic! She was able to answer all my questions and to adapt the contract to my professional needs. I would definitely recommend Teacher’s Friend Vietnam to anyone interested in working in Vietnamese schools or language centres. This is the easiest and most reliable way to do it. I also really appreciated receiving so many documents about life in Vietnam, Vietnamese students, etc. Don’t search any further, Georgie is the person you need to find a job!

Nicole

Teachers Friend - Thank you

I decided to move to Vietnam to teach in about a 3 hour time span. I discovered the idea and then bought the ticket without much forethought. I found Teachers Friend shortly afterwards. Georgie was really helpful in making sure I felt prepared with what to experience. When it came time for me to search for a teaching job she not only set up a number of interviews for me but gave me information on different schools and her opinion about what would be a good choice. I am very thankful of all that Georgie has helped me with. It was great to have someone to contact whenever I had any questions concerning my move and make sure I knew what to do when I got here. While I didn't have any major problems once I arrived I trust that if there would have been an issue that Georgie would have been there to assist me. Even after I had lived in Vietnam for a while Georgie would contact me to check on how I was doing and make sure that everything was going alright. Her customer service is to be admired. Thank you for everything. You not only assisted me but helped my mother feel more at ease with me moving so far away from home.

Samantha

Great help with the pre-travel jitters!

You don't really know how much paperwork the process of moving to a new country requires until you're in the middle of it. Luckily, I worked with Georgie and Teacher's Friend and was able to get everything together and move to Vietnam completely prepared (and in a relatively short amount of time)! She helped make sure I had all the correct information and forms, and connected me with people in Hanoi so I had friends from the moment I first stepped foot in the country. One gal who Teacher's Friend connected me with has remained one of my closest friends in Hanoi and frequently goes on weekend adventures with me, as well as just local outings to try another delicious dish.

I'm incredibly grateful for finding Teacher's Friend and all the help Georgie did to get me to Vietnam in one, relatively calm, piece.

Theo

Teacher's Friend Vietnam is a Trustworthy Service

Teacher’s Friend Vietnam is an excellent service that I would highly recommend to anyone hoping to find an ESL job in Vietnam before they arrive.

From the very beginning, I was a fussy client! I was previously teaching ESL in Shanghai, China and hoping to move to Vietnam to be with my girlfriend, who is a Vietnamese national. As I would be living with her, there were various parts of the service that I would not need to make use of. Also, having already experienced teaching ESL in China (where the ESL system has many similarities but also some differences to the system in Vietnam), as well as hoping to fit my teaching career around the life I wished to lead while living in Vietnam (i.e. teaching during typical office hours, specific age group, work permit etc.), I had various specific requirements that I wished to address when signing the contract.

The Director of TFV, Georgie, was extremely courteous in the service she provided to me. She was willing to kindly alter the terms and wording of the contract to accommodate my specific requirements, and then followed through on every word!

Within a week, a host of employers were contacting me to arrange interviews for jobs that were exactly the kind of role that I was looking.

If you are hoping to land an ESL teaching job in Vietnam before you arrive, or are already there but moving from one city to another and want a job ready in your new city before you arrive, you can trust TFV to help you, advise you and follow through on your contract.

Recommended!

Sam

Teaching in Vietnam

It can be difficult to figure out where to start in Vietnam. Getting a good job is all about getting you foot in the door. Teacher's Friend provides that foot in they door. I taught part time and they helped me get nice classes that paid well with nice reliable employers, which can be difficult to find in Vietnam. I also found other classes from the contacts provided by Teacher's Friend. I highly recommend Teacher's Friend, they were always there if I needed any support along the way and helped to point me in the right direction.

About Teacher's Friend - Vietnam

Beautiful scenery, wonderful culture, great students and unparalleled opportunities to save money make Vietnam the ideal place to teach English. Teacher's Friend Vietnam (TFV), is a friendly new start-up service designed by teachers, for teachers....