Multiple Locations +10

Job Placement
Certifications
Online TESOL TEFL TEFL (Hybrid) TESOL

Pricing

This programme is free and funded. Meals, accommodation, TEFL certification, visa support and a post-programme cultural tour are usually all covered by our programme.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Meals Transportation Visa Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare
What's Not Included (Extra)

-We offer FULL FUNDING (inclusive of TESOL, airfare, etc) for UK nationals and those based in the UK.
-We offer UK summer camps with funded flights for those ineligible for the above funding. You'd only need to process your own visa. Email us to learn more

Jul 17, 2022
Sep 23, 2022
23 travelers are looking at this program

Interested in FUNDED/FREE and short-term TEFL adventures abroad? We provide a global immersive experience to give you teaching experience, cultural exchange and travel opportunities that cannot be rivalled. Our projects allow you to flourish and explore, while contributing to our mission to make a positive social impact.

What you get:
- Free/funded placement service and access to support network
- Funded/funded TEFL training and certification
- Free/funded accommodation and meals during your project
- Free/funded visa and flight assistance

Gotoco is a social enterprise focused on boosting cultural exchange and international adventure. Gotoco works with over 40 programmes in 10 countries. Join us!

Program Highlights

• Free/funded.
  • TEFL Certification included
  • 40 programmes in 10 countries. Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Europe!
  • Free accommodation & meals during project period
  • Award-winning programme, safe and fun. Adventurers are welcome!

• 9-10 rating 74.84%
  • 7-8 rating 25.16%
  • Instruction 8.8
  • Academic Rigor 8.4
  • Job Assistance 9
Zain

Thailand Summer Camp Counsellor

The most enjoyable part of the trip was when in my free time I went to chiang mai with a group of colleagues. We did a elephant tour which was quite a exciting experience as we were quite literally bathing with these giant creatures.

The highlights on my experience were definitely when I was teaching at schools as it made me happy seeing the students actually learn english throughout the day. The second highlight would be the free time that was given as this meant I could go off and do my own ting, thus not being bound to the group.

I would recommend gotoco as you are a well funded and professional organisation, Everyone I have met from GOTOCO has been nothing but kind and respectful when I had questions.

This program has benefited as it has allowed me to explore teaching as a career as well as letting me discover one of my favourite countries that I have been to.

Hope

Gotoco teaching in Poland

I had a wonderful time teaching English as a Foreign Language with Gotoco in Poland! I taught English for three weeks in Poland through the company Angloville, and then went on Gotoco's 'cultural tour' of Warsaw and Krakow. Angloville provides paid 2-9-day 'cultural immersion' camps to for children and adults to practise speaking English in Poland and a range of other countries. I was on three 'junior' week-long summer programmes at the same venue in August 2022, which meant I was working with children aged 11-16. The days consisted of conversation sessions (40-minute conversations between two participants and one native speaker), presentation sessions (when 1-3 participants per native speaker developed a speaking presentation on a topic of their choice to be presented at the end of the week), games, challenges, art workshops and speaking to the participants in English at other times such as at mealtimes. The Angloville programmes were intense, with scheduled activities from 9am-9pm, but there were plenty of breaks within this, and the 'gamified' English-speaking format helped ease the exhaustion. If I hadn't done Angloville through Gotoco (who pay travel costs), I think I would have resented having to pay travel costs to volunteer on quite such an intense schedule. I found the teaching element lots of fun but slightly too repetitive by the end of three weeks at the same place. I really enjoyed the subsequent cultural tour, highlights being a Chopin concert in a park in Warsaw, walking tours in both cities, the night market in Warsaw and the salt mines and Jewish quarter in Krakow. Food, accommodation and travel costs were covered for the duration of the trip, a feature that sets Gotoco apart from many companies which offer TEFL opportunities. Gotoco provides a great chance to meet new people, a cheap way to travel, teaching experience and a good first taste of solo travel. I've made some close friends, developed my professional skills and experience, and had a wonderful time teaching and travelling through Gotoco.

Pros
  • Great way to meet new people
  • Cheap way to travel
  • Can get a TEFL or TESOL
Cons
  • Gotoco were a little slow to get back to me at some points during the application process
Uma

TEFL in Italy

Spent a great few weeks in Italy gaining my TEFL qualification and learning so much about the Italian culture and language! We had a training session for a week in Sanremo where we learnt everything we needed to know to go on to have our own classes for the next two weeks. I stayed with a host family while teaching at the summer camps which was the most amazing experience! I got to explore the local area and cuisine after my classes and at the weekends, including visiting the gorgeous Lake Garda!

Pros
  • Built my confidence and helped me to become comfortable having my own class in just a few weeks
  • I learnt a fair bit of Italian despite not having any prior knowledge
  • The food was INCREDIBLE and I got to try so many homemade Italian delicacies
Cons
  • The training and teaching was exhausting (but very rewarding too)
Eleanor

Teaching in Phuket, Thailand 2022

The most rewarding experience! Our group (4 girls) were placed in a private kindergarten school in Phuket for 1 month to teach English. Thanks to the funding sourced by Gotoco, I was able to experience living in Thailand on a very comfortable budget!

Accomodation: shared double room in a nearby condominium.
Food: we were given a stipend so mainly ate in restaurants (which works out pretty cheap & was a great way to try different Thai dishes)
Tips: bring a rain poncho/umbrella; pack some UK memorabilia to show in class
Favourite part: travelling on the weekends and meeting up with other teachers on the programme
Least favourite part: having to leave :(

sara

Amazing opportunity!

I think that this program has benefitted me in providing me with independence and confidence in myself to be able to organise and travel, as well as improved my confidence.
Gotoco had good communication, very helpful and encouraging and offered a good amount of preparation and support to those attending which was very appreciated.Working with the children was so rewarding, as was building up relationships with people from different cultures. I also was extremely grateful for the opportunity to see so much of Italy.

Pros
  • authentic
  • educational
  • inspiring
Jemima
No, I don't recommend this program

great experience

It was overall a really beneficial experience where not only did I meet a vast range of people but I got the chance to experience different walks of life and cultures.
It has grown my confidence and independence. I feel more comfortable now travelling and exploring different places and cultures. It’s encouraged me to want to travel and see more places.
The highlights were experiencing a genuine Italian experience by living with the host families for the 2 weeks of camp, and seeing the local village - it was definitely an unforgettable experience

Pros
  • host family
  • food
  • experience
Elisa

1 Month Teaching & Travelling in Thailand - From Bangkok, to Hua Hin, Phichit & Pattaya

If you're wondering whether this opportunity is too good to be true, wonder no more, it's all LEGIT :) It's not an exaggeration to say that my time in Thailand, and during the Gotoco programme gave me memories that I will cherish for a long time. Gotoco met and even exceeded my expectations in many ways. I really enjoyed the cultural activities organised during the orientation (few days before the start of the teaching) and the cultural trip. For example, we visited an artist's village and a a mangrove forest in Hua Hin, went on a boat guided tour of Bangkok's canals, and a dinner cruise, all of these included in the programme funding! I also appreciated the educational aspect of the programme, which involved lectures about different aspects of Thai culture such as Buddhism and Thai history. Maybe more than anything else, I particularly appreciated the presence of the staff and year-long Gotocoers, with whom I really enjoyed talking and asking for advice.

My favourite part of the programme was teaching at Wat Chaisri one of the Gotoco partner schools in the Phichit region. Never had I imagined being welcomed with such generosity, and that I would enjoy teaching as much as I did. The teachers were there to help us translate during the classes or organise activities with the students, but also let us take the lead and decide the lesson plans. We also participated in English camps on the weekends, which were fun English workshops for kids of different ages.

Some things to bear in mind:
Gotoco is a social enterprise, and not a paid-for travel agency service therefore you need to demonstrate flexibility and be proactive. This is an adventure not a tanning-on-the-beach holiday ( although we did do that too!) so you have to be open-minded. While there is an introduction to English teaching during the induction, and we were encouraged to share teaching resources and advice, in the schools, you will be in charge of preparing the lessons (with the help of the school's English teachers of course). This is a really great opportunity to gain try out teaching, gain experience if you already have some, and to learn about yourself.

As a follow-up to some of the other reviews, communication can sometimes be a bit confusing and some elements are not stated clearly, but n my experience, the team has always been available to clarify things, or provide support if needed.

Pros
  • Affordability!
  • A great starting point for wannabe backpackers/ solo-travellers looking to start exploring SE Asia, you get immersed in the local culture in a different way
  • Making friends: a community of people who are there for the same reasons as you
Cons
  • Not a con, but you need to be proactive, flexible and willing to try things you haven't tried before
Kim

Great Thailand Trip

I would recommend Gotoco because the teaching experience has been invaluable and I would never have been able to afford such an experience myself. The experience has made me feel much more confident with teaching and communicating with people in general. My time at the school was amazing because of my wonderful host family and because the school was so welcoming and helpful. There was a great balance between free time and Gotoco activities. It was an amazing opportunity to grow both personally and professionally and gain incredible new skills while helping teach English in schools that greatly benefit from this teaching.

Pros
  • Good communication
  • Unforgettable experience
  • Great for CV
Cons
  • Vague about funding - you have to chase things up if you want to be reimbursed
  • Lack of teaching resources; had to be very independent