Multiple Locations +10

Job Placement
Certifications
Online TESOL TEFL TEFL (Hybrid) TESOL

Pricing

This programme is free and funded. Meals, accommodation, TEFL certification, visa support and a post-programme cultural tour are usually all covered by our programme.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Meals Transportation Visa Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare
What's Not Included (Extra)

-We offer FULL FUNDING (inclusive of TESOL, airfare, etc) for UK nationals and those based in the UK.
-We offer UK summer camps with funded flights for those ineligible for the above funding. You'd only need to process your own visa. Email us to learn more

Jul 17, 2022
Aug 08, 2022
22 travelers are looking at this program

Interested in FUNDED/FREE and short-term TEFL adventures abroad? We provide a global immersive experience to give you teaching experience, cultural exchange and travel opportunities that cannot be rivalled. Our projects allow you to flourish and explore, while contributing to our mission to make a positive social impact.

What you get:
- Free/funded placement service and access to support network
- Funded/funded TEFL training and certification
- Free/funded accommodation and meals during your project
- Free/funded visa and flight assistance

Gotoco is a social enterprise focused on boosting cultural exchange and international adventure. Gotoco works with over 40 programmes in 10 countries. Join us!

Program Highlights

• Free/funded.
  • TEFL Certification included
  • 40 programmes in 10 countries. Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Europe!
  • Free accommodation & meals during project period
  • Award-winning programme, safe and fun. Adventurers are welcome!

• 9-10 rating 71.76%
  • 7-8 rating 28.24%
  • Instruction 8.7
  • Academic Rigor 8.4
  • Job Assistance 9.1
Freya

GoToCo - Poland

I enjoyed being able to travel by myself and go to a country knowing no one but knowing that by the time I leave I will have grown so much more. It was nice to know that there were people we could get in touch with if things went wrong. I have recommended you to my friends at uni as I believe they would benefit from traveling abroad and gaining valuable volunteering experience abroad. All staff members were very easy to contact and responded quickly. Gotoco has given me more experience working with children and I look forward to having the TEFL Qualification as I believe it will be very beneficial in the future and good on my CV.

Giulia

Month in Italy - Faenza and Terni - with Gotoco

The programmes that Gotoco offer are great and I love the different location options. I'm looking forward to completing the TESOL so hopefully I can teach abroad in the future. The best things about the experience were making friends with the other Gotoco participants, my host family, and other Italians, meaning that I now have connections all over the world and friendships for a lifetime! I loved being able to go out to visit the local areas in the evenings and weekends after teaching during the week.

Stefania

Great, unique experience!

I have learned so much in my 40 days in Thailand, about myself and Thai culture. I lived with a host family during my stay, and getting to see and experience their way of life was an enriching experience and one I could not have had, had it not been for GOTOCO. I also met amazing people who were participating and learnt so much from them as well. The people taking part in the programme as well as the leaders were incredible and I'm so thankful I got to meet them all. The teaching was fantastic, the students were so happy to have us there and we were too! We were able to partake in their cultural activities whilst at the school and learn about their way of life. Overall a truly unique and enriching experience.

Pros
  • Getting experience teaching
  • Learning other cultures
  • Travelling (for free!)
Cons
  • Sometimes could have been better organised but generally they took on our feedback very well!
Yash

Summer Italy Program

It was a great Experience met many people and learnt a lot, and saw the hidden gems in Italy whilst staying with the host families. The teaching in schools can be hectic but it's worthwhile because you can form priceless memories. It can be overwhelming but it gets better. Would recommend coming to the camps with an attitude to learn and grow and this will make it even more memorable.
A great place to network and find people with many similarities and also a place to meet other university students or professionals.

Pros
  • Great way to explore Europe.
Cons
  • It can be an emotional good-bye.
Elisabeth

Gotoco Spain Interway

This experience was an extremely rewarding and a once in a lifetime experience for me. It is something that has changed my outlook on my own future and career and it is a career I will take into consideration. The program has definitely boosted my communication and teamwork skills and I have been able to communicate with many different people in a short time period. This is an experience I would recommend to anyone looking to get out of their comfort zone for the summer but without being completely alone. I have made many friends and I will 100% do it again next year.

Pros
  • Making new friends
  • Meeting many new people
  • Having a chance to be independent
Cons
  • Place I was at was very rural with no shop
  • Days went from 8 or 9am until 11pm
  • Food wasn't always great
marco

A unique experience

The highlight of the program is friendship. Before going to Spain, I wasn't expecting to make friends. I supposed that everyone there only wanted to finish the program ASAP and get the qualification. Instead, I have made some excellent friends who have helped me immensely in my personal development. My overall experience in Spain has been superb. I am delighted with the programme. Even though it was pretty stressful and something unpredictable happened, it made it even better as we can learn how to deal with unexpected circumstances and develop our leadership. The program is highly influential in my personal development. I was not confident at all before joining this program because of my experience. However, the participants there helped me a lot as we had numerous conversations, eventually leading to close friendships. Additionally, the program has trained my leadership attributes and problem-solving skills. It has also benefitted me greatly in teaching and learning as I have understood the difficulties non-native English speakers have encountered.

Rachael

Gotoco Italy Summer Programme

This programme was really great for experiencing Italian culture and was unique as I got to stay with host families which was really enjoyable. This involved home cooked Italian meals and being shown around Italy by locals. Staying with host families was my favourite part of the experience as it allowed me to be fully immersed into the culture. I also really enjoyed how the teaching was presented as it was fun and very different to traditional classroom based teaching. The programme also involved moving locations each week which I liked as I got to see a lot of Italy, especially places I wouldn't have ordinarily gone to. The summer camps were also really fun and really rewarding, especially watching the final shows the children presented at the end of the camp. I would recommend this programme as I think it is a great way to travel and experience a new culture if you are on a limited budget, whilst also gaining teaching experience. It is also great for meeting new people and making friends all over the world.

Pros
  • Exciting
  • Experience a new culture
  • Fully funded
Cons
  • Sometimes tiring
Charles

Colombia 2022

One of the most enriching experiences of my life. Learning about the culture of Colombia and intricate parts of both the English and Spanish language really allowed me to truly get immersed. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to work abroad.

I had the opportunity to create relationships with Colombians at my school and partner organisation YMCA and those have given me future opportunities. The Gotoco cohort we went with are still in contact and we are all great friends now. The work is challenging but completely worth it.

Pros
  • Immersed in a completely new culture
  • Meet amazing people
  • Learn a new language
Cons
  • Challenging and tiring