Paid Teaching Program in Vietnam with TravelBud

EU Nationals now welcome on our Thailand program

Almost all of our programs require you to be from the US, Canada, UK, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand. Our Thailand program now accepts EU nationals with a bachelor's degree and a C1 level of English proficiency! No teaching experience or TEFL/TESOL certificate required as you can join our in-country TESOL course conducted in Thailand before you start working.

With modern cities, a tropical climate, fascinating history, unique culture and world-renowned cuisine, there are plenty of reasons to choose Vietnam as your teach-abroad destination. Our teach English in Vietnam program adds a few extra reasons too with TESOL accreditation and guaranteed placement at private language centres in uber-hip Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

With TravelBud programs you'll always get great pre-departure support with guidance on your application and visa to help you avoid mistakes. But the support doesn't stop there, from the moment you land and are picked up by our complimentary airport shuttle to when you end your adventure and head on home, we provide 24/7 in-country support to answer any questions whether big or small or to help you out if something goes wrong.

TravelBud teachers in Vietnam also earn up to $1700 per month which, with the low cost of living, goes a long way towards exploring this stunning country on weekends and holidays!

• Guaranteed job placement
  • Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for the trip ahead
  • 24/7 in-country support for anything you might need while teaching abroad
  • 1 Week cultural orientation in-country to prepare you for life in Vietnam
  • 3 Week 120-hour in-country TESOL course tailored to teaching English in Vietnam

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 9
  • Instruction 9
  • Difficulty 7
  • Job Assistance 10
Kyle

A review of Vietnam

This has been one of the best choices of my life. I did my TESL in Ho Chi Minh City and now I am living in Hanoi. During the TESL everybody was extremely helpful and assisted me with anything I needed. I found this course a good way to become acclimated to living in another country as well as a funnel into overall Vietnam! The market tours, history lessons, language lessons, and the course itself all provided me with the tools I need to survive here.

Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for the awesome review Kyle! Glad to hear you enjoyed the orientation so much, as our first in Vietnam, it's great feedback which we'll pass on to everyone involved to keep on keeping on :)

Tian & Nat

Teaching in Vietnam

We'd both just gotten married, returned from our honeymoon and was in search of a change in lifestyle. We were always fascinated with the idea of living and working somewhere in the SEA region, and when we googled what our job options were - TravelBud's website came up. It almost sounded too good to be true - get paid a decent salary with low cost of living, and being in a geographically central location, enabling one to take advantage of travel and culture opportunities while being able to make a difference with our new jobs. We were slightly dubious at first at the thought of handing over all this money to an agent based in South Africa, while we were in New Zealand and then being guaranteed training and a job placement, but after some research into the company and a Skype call with Peter - our doubts were allayed.

Once we had our first Skype call with Peter, the ball got rolling and we were put in touch with Lisa and Megan from XploreAsia who were fantastic in reaching out to us and providing us with all the information we needed whilst TravelBud was in the background providing support. We are so happy we took the jump and have been living in Hanoi for 2 months now, teaching at a language school. This wouldn't have been made possible without the help of TravelBud and XploreAsia. Along the way, we've met with other teachers who came through on their own, without the help of an agency and wished that they had more support from someone - and we got that with TravelBud and XploreAsia - so if you're thinking about coming to teach in Vietnam, or any of the other areas offered by these agencies - we'd highly recommend coming through them! They provide information packs, SIM cards upon arrival, training, everything! So for us, it wasn't a huge shock when we landed and we were able to ease into everything quite easily which is great! Thanks again for the opportunity!!

Tian & Nat

When we signed up, there was a focus on the teaching placement being in Ho Chi Minh City according to the TravelBud website, but turns out we were placed in Hanoi as it was more difficult to get interviews for jobs prior to completing our TESOL with XploreAsia. This was not a problem for us, but before this we were under the impression it would all be in HCMC, so maybe it would be good to include that in the website information as well - that there's a possibility of being placed in Hanoi (or anywhere else within Vietnam) as well?
Keegan

First year in Vietnam - TravelBud

There are too many stories to think of one. Basically, every day is a learning curve regardless of how big or small an activity is. It's been a great experience and continues to reach new levels of adventure. I have recommended TravelBud to everyone who has asked for advice regarding teaching abroad. Even when I had other questions unrelated to TravelBud they were still always able to provide great advice.

About TravelBud

At TravelBud everyone you deal with is someone who has taught or volunteered abroad before. We all passionately believe in the life-changing power of the teach & volunteer abroad experience, both for those we place and for the students who gain new...