Paid Teaching Program in Vietnam with TravelBud (TEFL/TESOL)

Applications Close Soon for South Korea Early 2019 Intakes

It's hiring season for teaching English in South Korea for early 2019 intakes. Choose between:

1: Public Schools placements with our online TESOL course (EPIK)
2: Private Language Centre placements with either our online or our in-country TESOL course. The next in-country course is in January 2019, giving you the chance to live and learn in Korea with practical classroom experience before starting your job.

With modern cities, a tropical climate, fascinating history, unique culture and world-renowned cuisine, there are plenty of reasons to choose Vietnam as your teach-abroad destination. Our teach English in Vietnam program adds a few extra reasons too with TESOL accreditation and guaranteed placement at private language centres in uber-hip Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

With TravelBud programs you'll always get great pre-departure support with guidance on your application and visa to help you avoid mistakes. But the support doesn't stop there, from the moment you land and are picked up by our complimentary airport shuttle to when you end your adventure and head on home, we provide 24/7 in-country support to answer any questions whether big or small or to help you out if something goes wrong.

TravelBud teachers in Vietnam also earn up to $1700 per month which, with the low cost of living, goes a long way towards exploring this stunning country on weekends and holidays!

• Guaranteed job placement
  • Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for the trip ahead
  • 24/7 in-country support for anything you might need while teaching abroad
  • 1 Week cultural orientation in-country to prepare you for life in Vietnam
  • 3 Week 120-hour in-country TESOL course tailored to teaching English in Vietnam

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 9
  • Instruction 8.9
  • Difficulty 5.5
  • Job Assistance 9.5
Nikola

Living and working in Vietnam

Thanks to the helpful efforts of travelbud I have now been living in Vietnam for 6 months without a single regret! I have a excellent job working in a small town and am loving every second of it. If you want to live in a country where the people are kind, friendly and helpful , the nature is pristine and breathtaking , the food is amazing and the cost of living incredibly decent - then Vietnam is for you. Teachers in Vietnam are highly respected and this shines in every aspect of life here. Especially in a smaller city the people are very eager to get to know you and are constantly inviting you to their family homes. The kindness and friendliness of the Vietnamese people is truly something that has touched my heart.

Lee-Ann

TEFL Program

The program was given with a lot of information that was clear and was easy to comprehend. We were given a lot of support throughout the program with lesson plans and constructive criticism to help us improve on the quality of lessons we gonna soon deliver. The practical part of the program was also beneficial, it gave us a feel of teaching an actual classroom and break the ice before teaching at our placements. After this program, I feel I am ready to face the teaching world with loads of confidence.

The program was good and unique in a sense that we got to learn about the Vietnamese culture in order to understand the people around us and their culture. Learning about the Vietnamese culture was also an eye-opener as I got to learn about the people around me and their history.
Lee-Ann

TravelBud & their partners equals success

I have very little experience in traveling to new countries when I decided to move to Vietnam to teach. I did a lot of research on the various agencies before settling on TravelBud & their partners. They came out on top time and time again. They then surpassed my expectations. The facilitators made themselves available to us at all times and for any issue, we were dealing with. They all have extensive knowledge on teaching and moving to a new country with completely different rules and culture and this shows. One of the best parts of using of using them is that you are guaranteed to get a job and can continue to use them indefinitely.

Ultimately you are here to teach and the team ensures that you are well prepared by having informative lessons and using real-life situations as examples. We had in-classroom experience where we learned more in two hours than any book could teach you.

The maths is simple if you want to ensure your success in a new country and new profession you have to use them.

Louis

Great Support

From before leaving my country (South Africa) to getting work in Vietnam I have received the greatest support. The team is very professional and guided me every step of the way.

The staff were friendly and efficient too. It helped a lot that they had also been through the same experience and were able to advise the best options that suited me.

Thank you- I would not have been able to do it without the program.

Response from TravelBud

Louis, thanks so much for this wonderful review. It's great to hear how important the support has been for you! I'm sure Saskia will be especially thrilled to read this.

Wishing you all the best in life-changing adventures in Vietnam and beyond!

Rob

Huge Help

TravelBud and their partners were extremely helpful in getting me trained and placed in a good job in a great place - Ho Chi Minh City. It was a lengthy, fairly expensive process but very worth all the time, effort and money. I would certainly recommend both companies if you're looking for a new adventure and line of work. Don't be mistaken on that note - this is a job after all, not an easy holiday.

Response from TravelBud

Hi Rob! Thanks so much for the awesome review.

We know this isn't a cheap experience, but we're so glad that it's paying off for you! It sure is hard work, that's important to note but I'm sure also that your students will be appreciative of your effort and resolve. Thanks again for such an honest review.

Good luck with your students, you're going to rock being a teacher!

Carole

TESOL in Vietnam

I am currently living and teaching in Vietnam. I did an in class TESOL through a partnering company of TravelBud. TravelBud is an amazing company and I can’t compliment them enough. From day 1 until now they have been on top of things and so helpful- they made my move from South Africa to Vietnam a breeze. I wouldn’t have been able to do it alone- thanks so much TravelBud! I highly recommend them to anyone.

Kyle

A review of Vietnam

This has been one of the best choices of my life. I did my TESL in Ho Chi Minh City and now I am living in Hanoi. During the TESL everybody was extremely helpful and assisted me with anything I needed. I found this course a good way to become acclimated to living in another country as well as a funnel into overall Vietnam! The market tours, history lessons, language lessons, and the course itself all provided me with the tools I need to survive here.

Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for the awesome review Kyle! Glad to hear you enjoyed the orientation so much, as our first in Vietnam, it's great feedback which we'll pass on to everyone involved to keep on keeping on :)

Tian & Nat

Teaching in Vietnam

We'd both just gotten married, returned from our honeymoon and was in search of a change in lifestyle. We were always fascinated with the idea of living and working somewhere in the SEA region, and when we googled what our job options were - TravelBud's website came up. It almost sounded too good to be true - get paid a decent salary with low cost of living, and being in a geographically central location, enabling one to take advantage of travel and culture opportunities while being able to make a difference with our new jobs. We were slightly dubious at first at the thought of handing over all this money to an agent based in South Africa, while we were in New Zealand and then being guaranteed training and a job placement, but after some research into the company and a Skype call with Peter - our doubts were allayed.

Once we had our first Skype call with Peter, the ball got rolling and we were put in touch with Lisa and Megan from XploreAsia who were fantastic in reaching out to us and providing us with all the information we needed whilst TravelBud was in the background providing support. We are so happy we took the jump and have been living in Hanoi for 2 months now, teaching at a language school. This wouldn't have been made possible without the help of TravelBud and XploreAsia. Along the way, we've met with other teachers who came through on their own, without the help of an agency and wished that they had more support from someone - and we got that with TravelBud and XploreAsia - so if you're thinking about coming to teach in Vietnam, or any of the other areas offered by these agencies - we'd highly recommend coming through them! They provide information packs, SIM cards upon arrival, training, everything! So for us, it wasn't a huge shock when we landed and we were able to ease into everything quite easily which is great! Thanks again for the opportunity!!

Tian & Nat

When we signed up, there was a focus on the teaching placement being in Ho Chi Minh City according to the TravelBud website, but turns out we were placed in Hanoi as it was more difficult to get interviews for jobs prior to completing our TESOL with XploreAsia. This was not a problem for us, but before this we were under the impression it would all be in HCMC, so maybe it would be good to include that in the website information as well - that there's a possibility of being placed in Hanoi (or anywhere else within Vietnam) as well?
Keegan

First year in Vietnam - TravelBud

There are too many stories to think of one. Basically, every day is a learning curve regardless of how big or small an activity is. It's been a great experience and continues to reach new levels of adventure. I have recommended TravelBud to everyone who has asked for advice regarding teaching abroad. Even when I had other questions unrelated to TravelBud they were still always able to provide great advice.

About TravelBud

At TravelBud everyone you deal with is someone who has taught or volunteered abroad before. We all passionately believe in the life-changing power of the teach & volunteer abroad experience, both for those we place and for the students who gain new...