27 Day Total Thailand

Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Elephant Sanctuary
Elephant Sanctuary

Can't decide which trip to do? This awesome itinerary takes you to see both the North and South of Thailand, making it the best value for money trip on the planet! Start in Bangkok and finish in Phuket as we take you to the southern islands whilst seeing all the famous hotspots and some less known favorites. From visiting temples to snorkelling boat trips, there are plenty of activities to enjoy on this trip. A great balance between culture, partying and island adventure!

• Chiang Mai Elephant Sanctuary.
  • Snorkeling in Koh Tao.
  • Muay Thai Lesson.
  • Phi Phi Island Boat Trip.
  • Erawan Waterfall.

• Staff 9.7
  • Organization 8.5
Donna

Fantastic Trip

I done the Total Thailand experience and the trip was absolutely fantastic. Its so hard to put into words how good this tour is because there is so much to talk about. We started our tour with Minnie in North Thailand. Minne was absolutely fantastic as tour guide. Her expert knowledge of best restaurants made sure we always had really good food to suit everyones budget and we got to some of the best bars in the North which is important. She thought us all about Thai culture and customs and some useful phrases like hello and thank you which really goes a long way with the locals. The places we visited were brilliant and the views are breathtaking. Minnie was great fun and really made sure everyone was having a great time. She was so nice and gave us plenty of information about the next days adventure. Minnie was always on hand to answer any questions and she always had a smile. The second part of our trip was the 14 day island hopper where we met Bee and our new group. From the very beginning Bee got the whole group bonding. She was great for recommending places to eat and when she says Koh Tao does the best burgers she really means it. Bee was great fun and was always up for a laugh. Bee captured some fantastic memories and she loved to be photographer. I met some of the best people on this tour and if your unsure of traveling or its your first trip away i can not recommend this one enough. The itinerary is amazing and it has both culture, tourism and party. The only problem i have with the full month tour is it goes too fast and your wishing to go back again. Bee and Minne were absolutely amazing and work so incredibly hard they are both fantastic ambassadors for Tru Travels and by the end of the tour they're not just your tour guide they're your friends. Become part of the Tru family and #justgo

Go to Thailand. Absolutely fantastic country. People are so nice and theres so much to see and do. You wont be disappointed. Tru Travels Thailand tours are amazing theyre the best tour company and theyre really good value for money. They take the risk and pain out or going alone. You wont regret it.
Niamh

Arthur

I really enjoyed my experience with tru travels. I felt like the activities were all enjoyable and that the tour guide was amazing. I had Arthur as my tour guide and felt that he thoroughly understood the vibe of the group and was engaging with all the activities. I genuinely don’t think that the trip would have Been the same without him! The elephant sanctuary was the best activity in my opinion.

There were many interactive and fun activities. I don’t have any bad words to say about the group I have been a part of and especially none about the tour guide who has made my experience in Thailand extra special. In the future, I would definitely like to go on another trip away with tru travels and will be recommending the company to all of my friends!

What was your funniest moment?
When one of our group members had an accident on the jungle trek.
Bobby

Arthur is amazing!

Our tour guide Arthur has made this the most amazing experience of my life! His quirky attitude and huge levels of energy kept everyone upbeat even when we were exhausted! The tour is so well organised, going from wild nights out to relaxing with elephants and going from a day trekking through the jungle to dipping in hot springs. There is such a large mix of people which teaches you a lot too. The local cuisine you can get from the many street vendors and markets has all been delicious too. Arthur's knowledge of where to go and what to do has meant that we're never left with nothing to do! My favourite day has been our visit to the elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai when we got to feed, bathe and play with the elephants. The trip definitely wouldn't have been the same without our amazing tour guide!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Our first night out in Bangkok we ate a scorpion off a stick then we ate black chicken during our visit to the Chinese village
Harriet

Total Thailand

My experience with Tru Travels for the Total Thailand tour has been amazing! This experience has been made amazing by Arthur the tour guide. Arthur is full of enthusiasm and is very knowledgeable. Arthur knows how to have fun and shows us all of the best places to go out at night. Arthur is very motivating and makes everyone feel at ease and safe. I would definitely recommend this tour to other people. Arthur is a legend and I am disappointed that he was only able to do the first 14 days of northern Thailand with us. This tour is perfect for all types of individuals, whether it be solo travellers, groups and students. Everyone makes each other feel welcome and appreciated. The food over here is amazing and I have made the most amazing memories.

What was your funniest moment?
Arthur has provided many funny moments and the trip would not be the same without him
Read my full story
Serena

10/10 Total Thailand Tour

Amazing! I booked this tour not knowing exactly what to expect, however as I am travelling solo the value for money, the friends I have met and the experience I gained was invaluable.
The tour guides, ALI (Northern Thailand), ARTHUR and WHISKEY (South Thailand) were incredible. They honestly were the highlight of the trip and I could and would recommend this trip to anyone.
4 Weeks Total Thailand was packed with activities, temples, information, history and the tour guides/large group of new people made it so fun.
The accommodation was always a great standard, some meals are included (more in the North) which is great for budgets and even in our free time the guides made sure we had options and plans to see extra sites or go out in the evenings.

JUST GO!

Honestly cannot recommend the trip enough, the experience is unforgettable!
Rebecca

Total Thailand - A trip of a lifetime

Over the month of March I was lucky enough to take part in the Total thailand Tour by Tru Travels. Not only were the activities amazing, but thanks to both Benmore and Bee (our tour guides) the trip was made even better. Both were so sweet and knew so much about Thailand and made sure we were all having a great time and were safe while abroad. The first portion of the trip lead bun Benmore was fast paced but was perfect for Northern Thailand as there is a lot to see. Ben did a great job at keeping us busy and showing us everything we really wanted to see. The second portion of the trip involved hopping through out the many islands of Thailand. Bee did amazing and was able to keep track of all 20 of us, which is a hard task in itself. Both are some of the sweetest humans you will ever meet and I have left Thailand happy to call them both my friends. I would highly recommend the trip! Great mix of culture, adventure, history, and relaxation!

Pegah

Best trip to Thailand ever

I did the Thailand Total tour with trutravels. I had an amazing unforgettable four weeks backpacking in North and South Thailand. I did things I have never done in my life. In North, one day we went hiking in the middle of the mountains and on our way we went into waterfalls. Then we reached a very small village in the middle of the mountain with all animals from pigs to roosters to chickens to bulls to dogs. There we all slept in a room inside mosquito nets. We had an amazing night there next to fire playing games and enjoyed our time out of the city under a sky that was full of stars. The sky was so beautiful I could not stop looking at it. From village we went rafting and passed elephants in the river which was sooo exciting. Then we visited an elephant farm, cleaned them, washed them, and gave them food. We went to the most amazing water park ever near Chang Mai which was built inside a huge canyon. It was so magnificent I began crying when I saw it. We took a cooking course and have a huge fire in our pans. Was just so exciting. In the city of Pai we went on a raft inside a cave near and saw huge columns which were nearly 3000 years old. I went for the first time to a hot spring and then we went to an amazing canyon near Pai. We went Zip lining were we had amazing green fields under our feet and we were flying over them. We visited 7 waterfalls which had fish in them that were biting us while we were swimming there. Last but not leat we went cycling and visited several temples.
Ben was our guide in North and she made sure everyone is happy and has the best time. She did her best when I became motion sick on our way to Pai and helped me recover. She always made sure we are safe and we have all the information we needed to enjoy our trip. She also made sure we know how to spend the night and where are the places for eating and partying.

Before we go to South, I was afraid the South would be boring and we should seat on the beach the whole day doing nothing. Noooo way. I had such a crazy time there I cannot describe my joy. We first went to the national park which was a huge lake that had very huge rocks in it and many small or big islands. I had the best time ever there. I went swimming there and then I went kayaking for the first time in my life, and I began exploring the islands there on my own. We had really good food there and stayed there over night. Then we went to the first island Ko Pha Ngan with the sweetest beach ever: the bottle beach. There were many rocks on one side of the beach and I went to climb them and was just amazed how beautiful these rocks are. They were changing in color and shape all the time as I was moving forward. We had fire show there and we made fire balloons. We also went hiking at 6.30 am and reached the top of island which was sooo beautiful. I also had a coconut directly from the tree. Then we went to Mad monkey hostel where I became the bier olympics champion and had a hell of fun. We took a boat there and went snorkeling the whole day. We jupmed out of boat into the ocean many times which was sooo crazy. First we began from the first floor of the boat and then we went to the roof to jump. Then we moved to Koh Tao island which was the heaven for snorkeling. I had never seen such beautiful marin life in my life. The fish and plants under water were just unblievable. I did also for the first time in my life stand up paddeling in the middle of ocean. Was crazy fun. We took a boat there and jumped from the roof of boat into the sea which was really frightening but we did it any way because it was so exciting. We had a delicious lunch on the boat, exploared several places for snorkeling and enjoyed the sun. Then we had one free day which I again went to snorkel further. Then we moved to Phi Phi island which is the heaven for partying. I went to a really cool pool party there for free and spent the nights on the beach partying and dancing. We also went there on a pirate boat and during our
pirate boat trip we visited monkeys, did kayakking and stand up paddeling and snorkeling, went to bamboo beach which was a heaven of beauty, and then danced in the boat until we got back to Phi Phi. Then we moved to Phuket which was unfortunately our last day.

Our guid Bee was a very smart girl with an amazing character. She was always open to questions and we knew she is there for us if we need help. She helped me even after the tour was finished while I was in Phuket. She was already in her home town as the tour was finished two days before. However, she had assured me before she leaved that she will help if I get into any problem about my transfer to airport. When the driver who should have picked me up to airport did not show up, I called her and she arranged that the driver and I find each other. If it was not for her help, I would have missed my flight home or ended up paying 30 euro to airport. I just loved to walk next to her and listen to her. She had a big passion for Thailand culture and she was appreciating my passion and energy to explore the country.

Regarding accomodation: I could not have asked for more. Super nice and clean and spacious double rooms with private bathroom and almost all hotels in North and South had a swimming pool. The location of all of them was also very good: near the beach and shopping market.

The transportation was just perfect: we never waited even a single minute for a van. They were always ready the moment we were getting there no matter if it was a boat trip or if we were arriving from another side of Thailand on a night train or night ferry. The transportation was ready for us.

I loved every single moment of my Thailand holiday with TruTravels. There is not a single thing I would change on this trip. Many thanks to all of you who made this trip possible, Bee and Ben and Steff in TruTravels London office who helped me with booking my trip.

Just keep it like this. I loved the tour. Thanks a lot.
Melissa

Total Thailand review

My experience with trutravels total Thailand was good. The best part of my northern experience was how amazing Gogi was. Gogi is an incredibly kind person and very comforting to have especially for people traveling solo in a country they have never been in. The whole trip he was also so happy to help us answer all our questions and fix any accommodations we may asked for. Our trip would have honestly not been what it was if it wasn’t for Gogi. I missed my flight to leave to Bangkok and Gogi always stood in contact with me to help me find another flight and meet the group on day 2. I was so thankful for him he’s truly an outstanding tour guide. The tour itself was great with lots of activities. It was frustrating that the train tickets to return to Bangkok weren’t bought on time and we had to pay for the flight (after 1000bhat) I don’t think that was fair because it was not our fault the train tickets weren’t bought on time. Also I do think the itinerary and photos on the websites were not slightly matched with the actual itinerary we did. But other than that everything was great but none of my negative experiences were with Gogi he actually made it much better and I’m so grateful he was my tour guide. We loved Gogi

The day pool we went to in pai was a very dirty pool which wasn’t pleasant nor did I enjoy or go in the water.. also I think people should be informed at how long the hiking is in northern Thailand I wasn’t aware of it
Maddie

Total Thailand

The 27 day tour has been an experience for me travelling around all of Thailand. Visiting the elephant sanctuary and spending the morning there was the highlight of this tour along with the boat trips in the south to various islands. Parts of this trip were really unorganised at times and felt sometimes communication wasn’t clear. There are also several days in which are wasted by waiting around to travel to the next place, the night ferry is also such a waste of time! The northern part of this trip includes a lot more hiking than was explained at the start, this part of the tour is a total different experience from the south. In the north enjoy the temples, bike rides and hikes in the jungle! In the south expect to see the best beaches you’ve ever seen and enjoy a much more relaxed half of the trip. Overall this tour was an experience I won’t forget and was the quickest way to experience all of Thailand in a month.

I would improve by cutting out a lot of the time we spent waiting around as it felt like several days were wasted.
Macey

A great time with some fab people!

I had a great time on this tour and saw lots that I wouldn’t have otherwise. The elephant sanctuary in the north was definitely the highlight closely followed by the boat trips around the islands in the south seeing lots of marine life whilst snorkelling including a turtle! Both of our tour guides were helpful and made sure we were happy and comfortable where we were.

Both the days and evenings were usually packed with activities. The northern half is definitely more active spending your days hiking and biking in the hot weather and the southern half is more relaxed spending times on boats, beaches and snorkelling. This trip gives you the best of both worlds.

Some days did feel they were wasted due to longer travelling routes and it sometimes felt disorganised. Be prepared to be on the move and sweat a lot!
Overall I loved this trip and made some fab memories along the way. Thank you art and one way for looking after us!

I would try and rearrange some days and travelling routes to prevent some days feeling wasted especially in the southern half of the tour. Some days we spent waiting around for a while before transport to the next place.
Maddy

The best 27 days

I have just finished the 27 day total Thailand tour, and honestly cannot recommend this tour, the company, or our tour guides Art, Arther and Mickey enough. We were kept well informed and taken care of before, during, and after the tour. The tour itself has a great mix of activities to suit everyone from temples, river cruises, boat parties, elephant bathing, and waterfalls. The highlights for me were the elephants, bottle beach, koah sok national park, and the pirate boat party. Every single day of this tour has been incredible, everything is planned excellently to make the best use of our time, I still cannot believe the amount of things we managed to do. The accommodation was much better than I expected, with the majority of nights spent in twin shared rooms in hostels/hotels. This has been amazing, and I cannot thank Art, Arthur and Mickey enough for the roles they had to play in making this an unforgettable trip.

The accommodation in Bangkok was not as good as any of the other places. Also, after the overnight trains etc it would be good to organise early check ins so we wouldn't have had to wait hours when we were really tired and also had activities planned later

Location:
Don Mueang Airport
( DNK )
Phuket Airport
( HKT )

Thailand has become the most tourist visited country in Southeast Asia. This country provides dense jungles, beautiful beaches, world-class shopping, and stunning architecture. No matter your budget, there is something for you to take part in in Thailand.

About TruTravels

TruTravels exists for one reason and one reason only...to give you the time of your life! We do what we do because we love to travel, we love to meet new people and share our experiences with them. You will have a ridiculous amount of fun when you...