Affordable Volunteer Programs in Argentina from $295

Volunteer abroad in Argentina with IVHQ! Every year, hundreds of volunteers join IVHQ's highly affordable volunteer projects in Argentina. Based in the geographical heart of Cordoba Province, volunteers are welcomed to the town of Villa Allende to assist on a range of community-driven projects. Volunteers can choose to participate on projects for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks and are accommodated in a volunteer house alongside other international volunteers.

IVHQ Volunteer Projects Available in Argentina:

• Construction and Renovation
  • Sports

Highlights:

• Programs available year-round, starting every Monday
  • Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
  • Highly affordable program fees from $325 for 1 week
  • Community-driven projects focused on supporting local needs and delivering sustainable positive impacts
  • Superior support services both pre-departure and while volunteering
  • Free online volunteer training for all IVHQ volunteers
  • Affordable Spanish language lessons available in Argentina
  • Between 5 and 15 IVHQ volunteers start in Argentina each month
  • Weekends are free to explore Argentina with fellow volunteers - see Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls and more!
  • Programs are available year-round in Argentina at an affordable price of US$295 for 1 week
  • The IVHQ Argentina volunteer program starts every Monday. Volunteers can choose to volunteer for durations ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks.
  • The IVHQ Argentina volunteer program has volunteer placements located in the neighborhoods in and around the cultural center of Cordoba.
  • The IVHQ Argentina program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
  • Cordoba is one of the major tourist destinations in Argentina, hosting millions of tourists every year.

Grace

IVHQ Córdoba, Argentina Review

I went through IVHQ to Córdoba, Argentina for 3 weeks, from May 14th, 2018, to June 3, 2018. I'm 19 years old, was born and raised in Houston, and go to school in Chicago, Illinois. This was my first volunteer abroad trip, and I went during my summer break I had never been outside of the country before, and I'm so glad I did!! In this program, you stay in a volunteer house with a host who's native Argentinian, and are served two meals a day by the host. My host, José, was an awesome host-so lively and fun to be around, he always made sure that the volunteers were comfortable, and an amazing chef! We also had Spanish lessons every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for about $80 pesos a week-really affordable. On Tuesdays, we had professional Zumba instructors come in and we did Zumba for about an hour! For my project, I did teaching, which was helping elementary and middle school kids with their math and Spanish homework at a tutoring center. I had it Monday-Friday, for about 4 hours a day, and had it in Villa Allende and Saldan. Villa Allende is about 15 minutes by bus (their public transportation) and the school in Saldan was 5 mins walking from the volunteer house. Bus trips are between 25-38 pesos. None of the students or teachers knew any English, so my Spanish skills were put to the test! The school was welcoming, and the students were eager to learn! It was a lot of fun to help them, and a cool cultural-exchange. The other volunteers were really sweet and fun to be around, and we hung out a lot in the house, and even went on a trip to Buenos Aires one weekend! I would recommend IVHQ to anyone who is interested in volunteering abroad.

In Argentina, fruits and vegetables are not eaten often with meals. The meals at my volunteer house were delicious, but I would recommend healthier side dishes-such as fruits and vegetables.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thank you for sharing all this amazing information about your time in Córdoba! We love that this was your first time outside of the US and that your experience was so positive - hopefully, our program gave you the travel bug! It is also great to hear that you found the accommodation so comfortable and that José looked after all volunteers, keeping your hunger in check with some delicious meals. I am sure the local team, the teachers and children on your project all loved having you around! Thanks again for your great review, and please remember that you are welcome back anytime. ^Aydan - IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Laura

Healthcare project in Córdoba

I spent 2 weeks in Córdoba doing the Healthcare project, and had a really good time. The atmosphere at the house was super chill and welcoming, and I always felt very at home- not to mention José made us some of the best food! The project was interesting as well, as I spent my time shadowing in a local clinic- definitely a good way to practice your Spanish as well! The IVHQ staff were all very welcoming and willing to answer any questions. Overall I had a great experience and would recommend Córdoba IVHQ!

Maybe teaching how to use the bus system a little better, but on the whole was really good!
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Laura. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience volunteering with IVHQ in Cordoba. It sounds like you had a fantastic time and made a valuable contribution to your placement. We hope to have you join us again soon :) ^Clover - IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Ben

Worthwhile Program

This program is well organised and supported. There is a great degree of flexibility involved within the placements themselves, meaning that you can open yourself up to variety of different experiences. The volunteer house is comfortable, and the people involved do a great job in making you feel welcome. Travel is also encouraged, allowing you to do a bit of sightseeing in your spare time. Overall a quality program that is worth doing by anyone who wants to gain a bit of experience abroad while also helping out communities at the same time.

Early days of figuring out transport routes and locations can be a little daunting so maybe a little more support could be lended there.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Ben, Thanks for writing a review of your time in Cordoba! I'm glad to hear you felt welcomed and supported during your time on the program and that you had a variety of different experiences. Thanks for being a great volunteer! ^Clover - IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Charlie

Great experience

This experience was remarkable. I met volunteers from all over the world, explored the rich culture of Argentina, and volunteered at a local childcare with loving children. This experience gave me the opportunity to go outside my comfort zone and learn more about myself and others. Future participants should know not to "expect" anything and be open to everything. Part of this experience is spontaneous adventures/moments that you weren't expecting and it is pivotal to make the most out of everything.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Charlie, Thanks for sharing your experience about volunteering with IVHQ in Cordoba. It's awesome to hear you were able to get out of your comfort zone and learn more about yourself. We hope to have you volunteer with us again soon! ^Clover - IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Tongqing

Excellent Program

I took the 3 weeks special needs program. It’s a life changing experience. The accommodation is very neat and clean. There is a worker who cleaned the house everyday. I shared a room with 3 other girls. The breakfast and dinner are included in the program fee. I love my placement so much. The resident are mentally and physically disabled . But they were super kind and friendly. Our weekend life was very fun and colorful. We went to the city center of Cordoba, and grabbed some drinks with friends. I highly recommend you to choose the special needs program in Cordoba with IVHQ!

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Tongqing, Thank you for writing a review about your time in Cordoba. It sounds like you had a very fun and rewarding time which is awesome! We hope to have you volunteer with us again in the future. ^Clover - IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Haley

The Meaning of True Happiness

What an amazing program! I was located at a community center called Sapo Pepe, where children, who come from impoverished families, come after school to receive bread and milk. This was the first time volunteers got to help at this site! I was working on the main building, adding concrete to the outside, and later painting the wall a crisp white with an orange door and orange window frames. I also helped build a concrete column and 2 rebars, which are used to build the concrete columns. These columns are a part of the entranceway to Sapo Pepe. What was so unique about this experience? I was working with a Spanish-speaking community and we learned how to communicate with simple Spanish and lots of hand gestures and laughs! Because I studied Spanish growing up, I was able to enhance my Spanish-speaking skills which was an extra plus! My final day on site, the family members brought out a big breakfast buffet for us as a thank you. Future participants- please keep an open mind! My biggest piece of advice on any trip, but it is so important to be open and willing to learn and delve into a new culture and lifestyle. This is how we grow as individuals. During my time in Argentina, I learned that happiness does not come from material items; happiness comes from being surrounded by family and friends. Happiness comes from being alive and being thankful for these people. Argentina is certainly missed and will be forever treasured.

I believe this program was excellent overall. However, my actual project was not as impactful as I had hoped. My family and I finished our main task in 1 day so we had to find other projects to work on at the site. My only suggestion would be to have many projects lined up and have volunteers be able to decide which projects suit their skill level/physical abilities because I definitely would have liked to do just a bit more!
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Haley, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your time in Cordoba - it sounds like you were extremely proactive and made a wonderful contribution! We hope to have you join us again in the future. ^Clover - IVHQ Colombia Program Manager

George

IVHQ Argentina

The experience at IVHQ has been an absolute blast as it has allowed me to get outside of my comfort zone and completely immerse myself in a new culture, language, and way of life. Working with different children and seeing the smiles I put on their faces is a life-changing experience for me as it is to them. Salsa class has also been a blast and resulted in many laughs with others while learning the art of salsa dancing. I would like to sincerely thank everyone at IVHQ for the amazing experience.

Natasha

Volunteering in Argentina

This was an incredible program! The hospitality and staff are amazing, they go above and beyond to make you feel at home. I did the program working with children and did not speak Spanish but as long as you are creative and come with a positive attitude you will have the best time with the children. I would suggest taking advantage of the Spanish, Salasa, and Bachata classes the staff can coordinate for you at home as it is a great way to learn about the culture.

Nadine

Childcare Program Villa Allende, Cordoba

It was my first time volunteering, my first time working with young children for several consecutive days and my first time in Latin America. Despite being full of many firsts, my experience with IVHQ in Villa Allende was amazing - the staff was friendly and helpful, the food was delicious, I had no safety concerns whatsoever and the children and caregivers at my placement were extremely sweet. Thank you for making this an unforgettable experience.

Brendan

bp experience

It was my first time volunteering with young children and being at the daycare with a small group of children was an amazing experience. It was great because we were able to learn about the children on a personal level. After only the first day we knew all the kids names and they knew ours. It was a great pleasure and a very humbling experience that warmed my heart. It was great to be with the children.

Abdullah

What an experience

We had an incredible time with the IVHQ Argentina program. Everything we expected happened and some! The volunteers, program, people, staff were just incredible. Thank you for everything!

My time here has been amazing, it has impacted me as a human being in many different ways. I did not know what to expect coming here as this was my first time leaving my home country of Canada and doing something like this abroad. I have volunteered with many NGO's before but this is hands down one of my favorites. The people who run this program are very opening and welcoming. If you are reading this consider more than this and do it! It is not something you will regret. The culture and way of life is a whole a new opening door to your life. If you're worried about the food, do not stress amigo it is amazing.

I did not know what to expect coming into this but this program exceeded my expectations on many levels. The hospitality that is provided along with the staff are incredible, they go above and beyond to make you feel like you are at home. Working with the children at the program was very rewarding, I do not speak Spanish but all the children want to do is have fun so as long as you are creative and come with a positive attitude you will love it. There are Spanish, salsa, and bachata classes that the staff can coordinate for you and I highly recommend that you take advantage of it as you get the full experience and understand the culture more.

I would highly recommend this for all. The best part were the children. The most compassionate and loving than Ive ever seen anywhere else. What a blessing it was for all the people who were helping there. The people you meet and the stories you hear from them will stay with you forever.

Whatever project you decide to work with you will learn something valuable and be impacted at a personal level that you can not get anywhere else. Peace and love.

Improvement is always an ongoing challenge. This program is doing a great job in overcoming the natural hardships that come with the role. Just always continue finding good programs to support
Mary

IVHQ Argentina

I was very pleased with my time here in Villa Allende and the IVHQ experience as a whole. The support of the staff was nothing short of wondeful, and they were more than willing to go above and beyond to ensure my time here was both safe and enjoyable. I was involved with the Sports program and worked with both Athletics and Basketball groups of children ranging in ages from 4-15. The two leaders of each program were incredibly patient with my still developing Spanish skills, and were always pushing me to become more involved with the program. By the end of my 3 months in these programs i felt at home in each program and had formed strong bonds with both the program leaders and the children I worked with. By the time i was due to leave, saying goodbye to everyone was quite difficult. I will always remember my time in Argentina and give my highest possible recommendation to anyone interested in this program.

More frequent reviews of each placement and how each individual is progressing in their program.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Mary, Thanks for sharing! We are glad to hear that you had wonderful support from our local team in Argentina and are pleased with your experience. Thank you for recommending IVHQ and for being an awesome volunteer.
Lachlan – IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Katrina

IVHQ Argentina

My experience volunteering through IVHQ Argentina was incredible! At first I was really nervous about going all alone, however, as soon as I got there the staff made me feel right at home. As well, I met a ton of other volunteers from all over the world. During my journey I never felt homesick because I had so many wonderful people around me. I am very happy that I chose to come here during my gap year. This was the best experience of my life and I wish I could go back!

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Katrina, We are stoked to hear that your volunteer program in Argentina was incredible! It is lovely that our local team made you feel right at home as soon as you arrived. We are so happy to have had you as a volunteer and we would love to have you back. Thanks for being an IVHQer!
Lachlan – IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Daniela

robbed of my things but not my experience

My first day in Argentina started with me being robbed of my backpack, passport, money and countless other itmes. While I regret to admit this I called my mom after and told her I wanted to come home. I was in a new country, thousands of miles from home and felt unsafe. Both of my parents encouraged me to stay and I couldnt be happier that I did. Though it has been difficult at times, the people I have met and the experiences I have made are ones that I won´t forget. I know that I will be back to Argentina, and hopefully see more of the country that I have come to love so much.

more availbility for meals
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Daniela, We are so sorry to hear that you were robbed when you arrived in Argentina! Thanks for bouncing back from this and still managing to have an unforgettable experience. We would love to have you join IVHQ again!

Claire-Marie

a piece of family on the other side of the world

I really had a great time here!! The people with who I shared this experience will be friends for a long time. The staff of the house is just perfect: they are always there when you need them, have a (stupid) question or when you need someone to talk to. I did the childcare program for 1 month and than the special need care. Both really different but the people there were great and really welcoming. After two weeks I really felt like a part of the structure of the placement even if you can't always do a lot on the placement. But it is a great opportunity especially if you see the misery those people are into. They are really happy with some help. A tip: Take some spanish lessons, cause it is really handy if you can comunicate with your placement or even with the people of the town.
Argentina is a wanderful country. People are really open and you have sooooo many things to visit and to do. I didn't felt bored in 2 month's time.
Thanks for everything, I'll keep those memories forever in me... CHAU

- more explanition about the specific programs: how does this specific placement work, what does the people domç, how are they, what do they like, what do they not like, what do they espect from us... it too me 2 weeks to answer those question but if people culd know the answers on those questions before starting, they will lose less time before integration totally in the different programs
- a little bit cheaper.
- more publicity in europe so that more european know about IVHQ and not only americans ( and Australians/N-Z)
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Claire-Marie, We are so glad to hear that you had a great time in Argentina! It is awesome that you made close friends and were well supported by the local team. Thanks for all the work you have done and we would love to have you join us again in the future.

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world.

Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...