• Argentina

Small Group (1-15)
Travel Type
Budget Family Older Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 support in Argentina.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Oct 13, 2022
Nov 25, 2022
20 travelers are looking at this program

Trusted by 122,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Argentina and 50+ destinations around the world.

Choose from a wide range of volunteer projects in Argentina - based in either Buenos Aires or Córdoba. As an IVHQ volunteer, you can choose to give back for periods ranging from 1 to 12 weeks. Your fully-hosted program includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a dormitory-style volunteer house in Buenos Aires or a large homestay in Córdoba complete with a swimming pool.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers, so even before you depart, you’ll receive outstanding service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to pre-departure volunteer training. With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

Program Highlights

• IVHQ’s programs in Argentina are available year-round, starting on every Monday of the month in Córdoba or the first and third Monday of the month in Buenos Aires.
  • Fully-hosted experience from only $325 for 1 week in Córdoba - one of the major tourist destinations in Argentina, hosting millions of tourists every year.
  • Fully-hosted experience from only $640 for 2 weeks in Buenos Aires - the bustling capital city of Argentina.
  • You'll be supporting impact driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community.
  • Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence.

• 5 rating 85.42%
  • 4 rating 14.58%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Jennifer

Cordoba, Argentina - A+++ Experience!

From start to finish, I was very impressed with IVHQ - The Cordoba, Argentina location in particular.
Although most volunteers are in their 20’s, my perspective was as a 51 year old woman. I’ve had many travel experiences in my life and this was one of the best. From the airport pick up, to the delicious dinners and BBQ’s, to the fun excursions, to the friendly, family feel in the volunteer house - I always felt safe and supported … and incredibly happy there!

My volunteer role was in a preschool and even though I am a retired teacher, it was humbling to not be able to help as much as I would have liked because my Spanish was not very strong. That is the reason I only gave a 4/5 for “being able to make an impact”. The better a volunteer’s ability to communicate- the greater their ability to make a positive impact.

From another perspective- it was a great place for me to work on improving my Spanish!! They even offer Spanish lessons right at the volunteer house! The teacher was great, not only with Spanish, but also with culture and customs …( and truly one of the nicest people I’ve ever met! )

The training that IVHQ gives you to prepare for your trip was very helpful. The local team in Cordoba is super friendly and available to communicate with you, answer questions and help you plan well before you arrive. Take advantage of that!! They are A+++!

The one thing I found to be most confusing was the economy and knowing how much money to bring and in what form. My best tip is to look into Western Union and the ability to send money to yourself there. You will get the best exchange rate and you can send it to yourself in increments. That being said- the difficulty in Argentina’s economy makes it an INCREDIBLY affordable place to volunteer if you typically use the dollar or the Euro.

I am so grateful for my experience and genuinely hope to return someday!!

Pros
  • Incredibly kind and helpful local support 24/7!!
  • Fun excursions Iguazu Falls, horseback riding, hikes etc.
  • Very affordable living
Cons
  • The economy is confusing but very good for tourists
  • The sidewalks are in bad repair- wear shoes, not flip flops.
1 person found this review helpful.
Jessica

Cordoba, Argentina - Community

I volunteered in Cordoba, Argentina in the community program where I was able to help children and families in the community with homework and providing meals. My host family was fantastic and I enjoyed my time so much. The trips were amazing and easy to plan! I got to meet amazing locals and make friends with other volunteers. Argentina has a lot to offer and there are lots of cute local markets and places to shop. There are lots of trips to be taken that can involve animals and lots of nature hikes and they are just amazing!!

Pros
  • Great volunteer spots
  • Amazing host family
  • Good adventures
Cons
  • A little far from the main city but a 40 minute bus ride is not bad.
Daniel

Review of Cordoba Argentina Service Mission

IVHQ in Cordoba Argentina was an amazing experience for me. The local volunteer organizations are amazing: the people in Cordoba are very kind and loving people, almost as if it's a part of the culture of Cordoba. I also think one of the most important parts of my stay here were my Pedro and Nati, who owned the hostel we stayed at. Pedro and Nati were very nice, and very helpful. They hold a homemade family dinner every night, and show you around very well. They are always standing by to answer any questions you have about anything, and they make you feel at home. I'm very grateful to them.

Jamie

Cordoba, Argentina

Cordoba, Argentina is a beautiful place to explore culture, language, and to meet new people. I love this country and was amazed by how welcomed I was into this country and the people’s homes. I would recommend this trip to anyone and everyone! I was able to learn so much through my Clinicals for nursing and learned so much from the family that I stayed with. I would recommend to go on this trip with a friend. Having a buddy for this trip made my trip more enjoyable to have company along side me.

Krish

A trip to remember!

I am Krish Nagrath - I live in Dallas, Texas.I found this program online and this intrigued me a lot. I have a passion to spread the love for sports . I attended the IVHQ in Cordoba, Argentina this summer(2022). It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Pedro and Nati hosted me in their house. They kept me like their family. I was able to experience the culture, food and traveled on public transport with peers. I had such a blast coaching sports to the kids every evening. I made a lot of friends.

Nathalie

Volunteer work Cordoba Argentina

My experience with the Community program in Cordoba was so so good.
The work they do is amazing and the staff are so kind and they really love what they’re doing and they are very good with helping the volunteers do their work and also make them feel welcome.
The host family I stayed with was also so amazing, they have the two most lovely kids and the parents are so kind and are always making sure that you’re having a great time! I stayed with them for two months and it really felt like family after :)
Cordoba is also a great city with lot’s of nice people and nice bars to go to in the evening/night!

Pros
  • The help during your first week (from the workplace and family)
  • The family and their friends
  • The positivity from everyone
Cons
  • Information and contact with the IVHQ team from New Zealand before going to Argentina
  • Long bus ride to the city center
Kristina

Healthcare placement in Cordoba/Saldan

I had a great time! The IVHQ staff were friendly, helpful, and made me feel right at home. Nati reached out to me via WhatsApp the day before and Lichi emailed me letting me know exactly how things would go at the airport. My stay was comfortable and affordable. The food was delicious and the house was clean and neat. The host family really made me feel like a visiting family member versus a guest. They even threw me a little going away dinner.

The staff at my placement were also very nice and helpful and seemed so happy to have me there. As a qualified healthcare professional, I wasn't able to utilize many of my skills so the placement is better suited to a student. Intermediate to advanced Spanish would have made my time easier but I loved the experience nonetheless.

What was your funniest moment?
One of the patients at the clinic called me his princesa and told me he was soltero. He was 70 and had three teeth.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Kristina, thanks for your review of our Argentina program. It's great to hear that you were so well supported and you got to use some of your skills on the project. Your contribution to the community is greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you volunteer with IVHQ again soon! ^ Courteney - IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Read my full story
Kristen

Childcare Project

This experience was one of the best I have ever had. I was very apprehensive about taking this journey because I have never traveled alone. However, I would not let my nerves get the best of me, so I decided to travel alone for the first time to Buenos Aires. I have always wanted to volunteer and see other parts of the world. I came across IVHQ just surfing the web for safe and affordable programs. I am starting graduate school this fall so I did not have too much extra money to spend on traveling. I did research on some of the countries I was interested in and Buenos Aires seemed to be one of the safer choices so I felt comfortable in my decision to travel there.

My Spanish speaking skills are extremely basic. I definitely struggled to speak to some of the locals, but I was able to get my point across. Also, I was never alone unless I chose to be alone which was comforting. All the volunteers would go out to eat together and explore Buenos Aires together! All the volunteers who were in the same program would travel to their volunteer accommodation together. Where the childcare program is located is not a good area, but again, you are never alone. I always felt safe because there would always be 6 to 9 of us going together to the program and no-one was left behind. The kids in the program truly have a piece of my heart. It was hard for me to communicate with them since my Spanish skills are very minimal. So while I was there, I focused on playing different sports and activities with the kids such as soccer, jump rope, catch, skateboarding, using the scooter, drawing, and etc. Even tough I couldn't speak the same language, some of the kids truly gravitated towards me because they could see I was smiling, laughing and trying to have fun with them. It truly amazed me how close I felt to some of them even though I could not have real conversation with them.

I am so glad I went out of my comfort zone to volunteer in Buenos Aires because the memories and friends I made on this trip I will cherish and hold close to my heart forever. The kids I met during this project I will miss forever and cherish the memories I have with them. This trip truly gave me another perspective on life and truly helped me grow as a person. I would highly recommend taking this journey to anyone.

Offer more food for the volunteers within the accommodation!