View Other Details
• Your financial contribution to the social activities of to be carried out in partnership with Projeto Saúde e Alegria;
• Accommodation in a screened dormitory for up to three people, sleeping in hammocks (provided by us), in the facilities of the Active Forest Experimental Center - CEFA, in the Tapajós-Arapiuns Extractive Reserve (7 nights);
• Daily meals included (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner).
• All land and river transportation provided for in the itinerary from the meeting point in Santarém to the end of activities;
• All costs of cultural and touristic activities provided for in the itinerary;
• Full support of the Iris Social team during the expedition.
Amazon Expedition is an experience in the heart of a Brazilian Reserve in the largest rainforest in the world. The program aims to improve the life of local people by using the logic of cooperativism, not assistentialism.
In order to empower and encourage local communities to grow on their own, we’ve been working together in touristic experiences focusing in the unique aspects of their way of life. Locals are the ones responsible to present their dances, rituals and guide you to the most beautiful places the reserve has to show. By doing that, they earn a living and preserve their local culture and you are able to experience tourism in a unique and special way.
Besides that, you'll volunteer under the supervision of our partner NGO, which has been working in the region for the past 30 years, engaging in activities to preserve the forest and to generate income to local families. Get in touch to learn about departure dates!
- The perfect way to get to know the reality of people living in the largest rainforest in the world!
- You will have an experience combining community based tourism and volunteering like nothing you've lived before!
- An experience foccused on cooperativism, not assistentialism.
- All our programs are co-created with the partner NGOs in order to be more meaningful and to produce higher impact!
- We are a Brazilian enterprise seeking to keep tourism money within our borders and helping local people.