Fiji is a country of over 300 islands. With clear-water beaches, green forest landscapes, and island-lined mountain ranges, it is a destination with vast natural resources. However, climate change and anthropogenic threats are negatively impacting the local biodiversity.
This is a great opportunity to join collaborative efforts to reach long-term sustainable objectives in a variety of GVI run programs. You could assist in community development, education, marine and environmental conservation, or women’s empowerment. Each program measures its impact against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, and GVI places emphasis on ethical volunteering that empowers all communities, partners, and participants involved.
- Experience life in a country made up of over 300 islands. Gain an understanding of the culture, linguistics, and biodiversity of Fiji.
- Contribute to the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, by assisting in a projects’ short, mid, or long-term objective.
- Meet people from other parts of the world, make friends, and connect with local communities.
- Learn valuable skills in conservation, community development, and teaching, working alongside trained field experts.
- Travel to different islands, enjoy traditional Fiji cuisine, beachfronts, and panoramic views from mountain sides.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.