View Other Details
Fiji is a country of over 300 islands. With clear-water beaches, green forest landscapes, and island-lined mountain ranges, it is a destination with vast natural resources. However, climate change and anthropogenic threats are negatively impacting the local biodiversity.
This is a great opportunity to join collaborative efforts to reach long-term sustainable objectives in a variety of GVI run programs. You could assist in community development, education, marine and environmental conservation, or women’s empowerment. Each program measures its impact against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, and GVI places emphasis on ethical volunteering that empowers all communities, partners and participants involved.
- Experience life in a country made up of over 300 islands. Gain an understanding of the culture, linguistics and biodiversity of Fiji.
- Contribute to the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals by assisting in a projects’ short- or long-term objective.
- Meet people from other parts of the world, make friends and connect with local communities.
- Learn valuable skills in conservation, community development and teaching, working alongside trained field experts.
- Travel to different islands, enjoy traditional Fiji cuisine, beachfronts and panoramic views from mountain sides.
Embark on a thrilling adventure in Dawasamu! Dive into coral reef research, earn your PADI Advanced Open Water certification, and encounter incredible marine life, such as sharks, whales, sting-rays, an array of fish, and a variety of coral reef colonies. Make a real impact on the environment and local community. Join us for an unforgettable experience.
Join us in the stunning Dawasamu District for a life-changing experience. Dive into early childhood development, learn TEFL techniques and inspire young minds. Your impact matters - help shape a brighter future for these children and their communities.
Join us in traditional coastal villages, where you'll collaborate on vital projects. From infrastructure to environmental studies, your work matters. Dive into freshwater management, education, and community empowerment in the stunning Dawasamu District.
Assist with marine preservation efforts on Caqalai Island. The program focuses on coral reef recovery research and the conservation of Fiji’s natural resources. Work alongside expert marine biologists and earn your PADI Coral Reef Research Diver certification. Immerse yourself in the culture and connect with fellow international volunteers.