Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Fiji from $370

Farewell ceremony
Farewell ceremony
A class photo of my kindergarten class
A class photo of my kindergarten class

Trusted by 90,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Fiji and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 3 volunteer project options in Fiji and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Fiji, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Fiji program is available year-round, offering a start date on every Monday
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $340 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 20 and 70 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Fiji each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 90,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

I did not travel with my family for this trip, but my oldest child is eleven and I would for sure want to take him on the next volunteer experience. However, I don; think I would take any of my kids younger than that. It also depends on where you go.

Ellie

Fiji IVHQ 2019

Firstly, i was greeted at the airport by a member of the team who was very easy to identify and extremely friendly and welcoming. We were then transported to the accommodation by transport covered in the cost of the programme fees which made things run so smoothly. Once arriving at the accommodation, again greeted by warm, welcoming people who made everyone feel at ease. I started off my volunteering experience with the introduction week which I would highly recommend everyone to take part in. This involved different experiences in allowing volunteers to really get to know the culture of the country/area you are volunteering in. The next week, I was involved in volunteering in a specific class in a school which meant I could develop an amazing bond with the pupils in my class. Pupils were so loving and appreciated every little thing you did for them. The little added touches that the team arranged for volunteers to make everyone feel extra special included a leaving ceremony every week for volunteers who were leaving which included a traditional farewell song conducted by the coordinators, ensuring you are set for the weekend in helping to arrange transport, hostels etc. and always being so friendly every time they see you, knowing everyones name and treating everyone as individuals. I had the absolute time of my life and met great volunteers, coordinators and locals. I would definitely recommend this programme to anyone who is debating doing something amazing for people who deserve it.

The whole idea of the programme is to live like locals but some basic things in the accommodation could have been easily amended. There were no locks on the toilet or shower door and nowhere to hang your clothes when you were in the shower. When it is a shared accommodation with 10-15 people, this can get a little bit frustrating but this is a small minor thing; the programme is an amazing experience
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for your review, Ellie! Great to hear you had a fantastic Fijian welcome on arrival to your program and that you continued to feel welcomed and supported during your stay! Thanks for you valuable contribution to the project and we hope to welcome you back again sometime soon! ^Sean - IVHQ Fiji Program Manager

Evgenia Charikleia

Sensational experience

For anyone who loves combining travelling, making an impact on the local community and building an exceptional resume, this program is ideal. I will never forget my time in Fiji as I immersed myself in the culture, made lifelong friends and had hands on experience in the Kindergarten I was placed.The people are incredibly friendly and Fiji is capable of making you feel comfortable fast.There was no language barrier as everyone could speak a basic level of English and any visitor will be able to adore the unique culture and way of life of the Fiji Islands. IVHQ provided an extensive, detailed description of the program and supported the volunteers both before and after they arrived in country. Moreover, the fees were affordable and totally worth it for this unrivalled time.
Higly recommended!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have definitely registered to stay for longer.
Alyssa

Forever Dreaming About Fiji.

I do not even know where to start. To say my time in Fiji was amazing does not even do justice to explain how my trip impacted me. I choose Fiji because it was a place I have longed to go to for such a long time. It's beautiful waters, incredible sunsets, unique traditions and a place that so many people want to go to, but don't. Can you imagine my surprise when I finished my six week trip to see that it was none of those things I wanted to talk about? When I left my trip I was heartbroken because I didn't want to leave everyone I met. All 42 of my students, who taught me how to love full heartily, my teacher I got to work under, my fellow volunteers, and of course the amazing coordinators and staff of the Green Lion. I think about my students to this day and feel so lucky because even over a year later we still message each other, I have never had a bond with anyone like I do them.

To anyone who is considering doing a trip through IVHQ, especially to Fiji, do it. This trip exceeded any expectations that I had and if anything I wish I did it for longer. The staff at the Green Lion ( Hi Tony, Annie, Diva, Tmah) always put a smile on face and kept everything so positive. They helped out with anything that was needed and always made sure we felt safe. By the end of the trip I wanted to work with them, that is how amazing they are.

Fiji is a beautiful place, but it isn't because of the waters, sunsets, beaches, and islands. It is so beautiful and like nothing in this world because of the people.

I will be missing and dreaming of Fiji forever.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
It wasn't unfamiliar but just be prepared to eat a lot of hard boiled eggs for breakfast and lots of vegetables!
Danny

Incredible, once in a lifetime experience

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Suva with the IVHQ team. Not only was it the first time I was abroad alone, but it was also the most rewarding and memorable experience I've had in my life. The relationships I built here with the locals and those I volunteered with are not possible anywhere else and I am just glad I got to be a part of it. I met people from Germany, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, the UK and many others. What I realized on my trip was that people all around the world are a lot more similar to you than they are different and some of the best friends you make might also be the ones you least expected to be. This experience has inspired to me to continue to travel and volunteer and whenever I get the chance I will be doing it through IVHQ.

I would say nothing because it truly was a comprehensive experience.
Erika

My awesome Fiji experience!

My sister and I had an absolutely amazing time in Fiji, we wish we had longer than two weeks to spend there! The staff were amazing and super supportive...for example, we had some trouble with ordering a van for the weekend and all the staff were there immediately to back us up and help us get where we needed to go which was so awesome. The accommodations were simple but clean and there were lots of communal areas to socialize with the other people in the house. My sister and I did an orientation week and they were able to work around the rainy weather to make sure we hit everything on the list, plus got our full week of volunteering. The placement we were in had tons of staff for extra teaching support, and the kids were so much fun to work with. The "work day" went from around 9-2:30/3 so we had time once we got back to relax. The food was also great; I have a few dietary restrictions and they were super good about accommodating me! Overall we had an amazing time and I look forward to future travels with IVHQ!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I really wish we had a longer time in Fiji, I don't think 2 weeks was quite enough. unfortunately, my sister and I both had to come back for school, but if I had the chance I would have stayed at least another week if not 2 more. I plan to do another trip in the future with IVHQ that is 4-6 weeks.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Erika, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with future volunteers! It sounds like you had an awesome time on the program and were well looked after by the local team! We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager.

Anita

Fiji

Volunteering in Fiji through IVHQ was an amazing experience that I will cherish forever. I had the opportunity to work with a kindergarten class, which was a unique experience. At the beginning of the program i was super nervous as I had never travelled overseas alone before, but IVHQ assisted me every step of the way. The program was well organised, the accommodation was grear and the food was amazing. 100% would recommend

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The quality of the accommodation and food was amazing and exceeded my expectations
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Anita, thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you had an incredible experience in Fiji and it is awesome to hear that you were well looked after. Thanks for recommending IVHQ and we would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager

Shane

Fiji

I had the most amazing experience volunteering through IVHQ. I went to Fiji and it felt like I was immersed with he locals, but yet enjoying a vacation. The entire process was fluid and made me feel comfortable. I have already decided that any future volunteering will be done through IVHQ. This is now the way I plan on vacationing. The accommodations were not the nicest, but was as nice as possible for the place we were in. I never felt unsafe or on my own. The coordinators were friendly welcoming and attentive. I had a blast and would have stayed for multiple months if possible. When I returned home I immediately told my wife this is the way we need to vacation. I can not wait until my next adventure volunteering and I can promise you it will be through IVHQ.

I would have the accommodations be a little nicer. I paid extra for my own private room which was nice but could have been improved. I would have also like for the volunteering experience to be a little more structured.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Shane, thanks for sharing your feedback about the Fiji Program! Sounds like you had an incredible experience and it is awesome to hear that you felt immersed in with the real local culture! We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager.

Stefanie

The Most Amazing Experience of My Life

Choosing to volunteer in Fiji was the best decision I have ever made, I truly had the most incredible experience of my life.

I was apart of the Kids Camp program during the school holidays and we went to 2 different villages over the 4 weeks that I was there. I taught the 13-18 year olds and played with the younger kids during our breaks and I can honestly tell you that they are the happiest people I have ever met. Their housing and living conditions are extremely basic but I have realised that it is the social aspects of life that makes it special. Fijians are always with their friends and families communicating all day everyday, which differs from the small families and social life where I come from, this is true happiness and love.

My experience would not have been the same without the extraordinary coordinators that were more like friends and family. Everyday their loving, happy nature would put a smile on my face and they constantly welcomed every new volunteer so incredibly. The other volunteers I now consider some of my best friends and being around such like-minded individuals is so uplifting and wonderful.

Overall, teaching and learning from such inspiring kids, meeting amazing individuals and travelling the breathtakingly beautiful island all contributed to the best experience of my life.

I would highly highly recommend the Fiji program for everyone as I know for sure that no one will regret it. I miss it already so badly and I can't wait to go back and create more lifelong friendships and memories.

The program was perfect and the ups and downs were apart of the whole experience. I would say that sometimes more organisation and communication from some coordinators would be helpful but as a whole this was not a big deal because I got used to Fiji time :)
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Stefanie, thanks for your review about your time volunteering in Fiji this will be really helpful for future volunteers considering the Fiji program! It sounds like you had an incredible experience and we would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager.

Sophie

A second home - Fiji

My time in Fiji went by so fast! The lifestyle is so relaxed and the local staff are there to support and help you with everything. The local Fijian people are some of the nicest I have ever met; welcoming us into their homes to experience the true Fijian lifestyle. The location is perfect; with so many shops, cafes, restaurants and amazing weekend trips to gorgeous islands around the mainland. I have made amazing friends during my stay, who made it feel like home. I worked in a local kindergarten for 4 weeks during my stay, and the children are so happy and grateful for your help; making it even harder to leave! Looking back at it seems like a dream - I wish I had stayed longer! I cannot recommend Fiji more; the best experience of my life!

One tip - I spent more during my stay than I thought; through the weekend trips island hopping and going out for dinners and drinks.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Sophie, thanks for sharing your lovely recommendation. It sounds like you had an incredible time in Fiji volunteering on the Kindergarten project, meeting the other volunteers from all over the world and exploring the beautiful area! We look forward to having you volunteer with us again! Courteney - IVHQ Program Manager.

Ashwin

Loved every second of it.

Loved every second of it.

I was part of the construction and renovation program at FIJI in September 2018, and I must say, going there was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

The program was well managed by the friendly staff and the accommodation and food was decent. The age group range was between 18 and 60, and trust me, the 60 year olds are the most fun loving of all. The best thing is the work you do, the people you meet and the sights you see. While we worked hard Monday-Friday at the site, we took weekend trip to the islands. I would highly recommend IVHQ and especially the Fiji. I am planning my next IVHQ destination already.

The accommodation can be made better, but it is not a big issue.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Ashwin, thank you for taking the time to review your experience in Fiji. I'm very happy to hear that it was one of the best decisions you have ever made and we look forward to having you join us again! Courtney - IVHQ Program Manager.

Jack

Amazing 6 week in Fiji

I spent the first two weeks volunteering in the day camp aka kids club at a local village. It was during their 2-week school holidays. I had a lot of fun interacting with the children. Then the next 4 weeks I spent volunteering in a community kindergarten. They're too adorable and it was nice teaching them through games.

Food they served for volunteers to me was amazing and I managed to gain weight! The coordinators are all very friendly and I got along well with most other volunteers there.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Jack, thanks for sharing your experience of volunteering in Fiji with us! It sounds like you had a fantastic time and made a valuable contribution to your placement. Thanks for being an awesome volunteer and we hope to have you join us again in the future. ^Charlotte - IVHQ Fiji Program Manager

Annemone

Irreplaceable, inestimable value

Been sitting here for half an hour trying to find the words to describe my experience in Fiji but none seem to do it justice.
This experience will blow your mind. You will leave as a different person. Day after day you will start valuing a smile rather than a new phone, you will cherish company rather than dollar bills and you will comprehend that you have been oblivious for what feels like centuries of the true meaning of being rich.
They take you in as family. They share, they care, they give. You will never want to leave.
Everyday you will face new challenges that sculpture you into someone new. You can teach children that are eager to learn, you will experience true paradise and you will be blessed with the kindness of the happiest people on earth, THE FIJIANS who i love so dearly.
Before taking this big step of travelling alone for the first time, all I knew about Fiji was that it existed. Now i can tell you - If you go there you will never want to leave. I can only encourage anyone and everyone to come out of their comfort zone and JUST DO IT!
Au lomani noqu viti

CAN NOT
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Annemone, Thanks for sharing this awesome review! It sounds like your time working with children in Suva was very rewarding and enriching experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Fiji Program Manager

Jaelen

Best experience of my life!

I volunteered in Fiji recently participating in the kindergarten project and the kids club. I was nervous pre-arrival about doing the project alone as I had never travelled alone before, but I learnt very quickly there was nothing to worry about. The coodinators always made sure we felt like we were at home, the community was so welcoming and the kids were always so happy to see the volunteers every morning! The food was great, the cooks were very concerned and were careful with dietary restriction such as allergies. The home stay was better than I expected, but rooms were sometimes overcrowded but it was understandable due to the time I had gone (approaching the holidays and only had 2 houses open). The other volunteers I met were incredible and I had the best time of my life in Fiji! My placement in kindergarten was incredible, and tutoring in the villages made my experience so much better! You get to see not only the kids at school but also their living conditions. They welcomed us in their community like family and it was an amazing experience overall!

Being made aware of lesson planning during orientation and the expectations of what to do prior to placement.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Jaelen, Thanks for sharing your time in Fiji with us - it's awesome to hear that you embraced the program and didn't feel nervous anymore! Thanks for making such a great contribution to teaching the children in the village. We hope to have you volunteer with us again soon! ^Clover - IVHQ Fiji Program Manager

Andreana

Kobe

i haven't done a lot of travelling but have always wanted to. i had the time and the opportunity to volunteer which has been such a goal of mine. i was extremely nervous because i had no idea what to expect. after spending three and a half weeks in fiji, i can safely say that it was all so very worth it. i cannot describe the happiness and freedom i felt when i was there. i met beautiful people. people with stunning souls and kind intentions. i met other volunteers from across the world that made such an amazing impact on my life. i met so many local children and youth that owned close to nothing and were still smiling. i feel so incredibly grateful to have done what i had done. i can surely say that it was the best three and a half weeks of my life to date

i was involved in the renovation and construction project. it involved a lot of painting at a local school. it may sound like repetitive work but i thoroughly enjoyed it and felt i made a difference. interacting with the kids were a bonus. they were all so curious of my name and where i was from.

if you book something like this, you will not regret it. you gain another perspective on life and hope that perspective doesn't leave you. this encourages me to continue to volunteer abroad in other countries. i am so excited for my future adventures

Maybe cutting down on heavy carbs each meal. Although the food was amazing, I felt like a walking potato at times
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Andreana, Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review of your time on the IVHQ Fiji program. It's wonderful to hear that bonded so well with the local community. We would love to have you join us again soon :) Clover - IVHQ Fiji Program Manager

Erik

Volunteering in Narere, Fiji

I volunteered in a construction and renovation project for a local primary school in Narere, Fiji. After the first week of volunteering, I really began to realize and understand the positive impact that the project has not only on the school, but on the community as well. The friendliness of the students and the support of the teachers really made my effort feel recognized much needed.

When we completed the project, the teachers, staff and students coordinated a thank-you dinner, with lots of singing and various local dishes. Seeing how truly grateful everyone was really inspired me to want to volunteer again in the future. I have no doubt that the future volunteers in Fiji will have the same impact on the local community and enjoy their time there as much as I did.

Our local community, who we were renovating a kindergarten for, threw us a thank you dinner. It was by far my favorite night. I never went to Fiji with the purpose of working for a thank you. However, having that dinner and seeing how appreciative they were, made it that much more worthwhile.

I found the program was very well coordinated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The meals provided 3 times a day were satisfying and tasty, especially when the meals were local dishes. One thing I can say is breakfast, lunch and dinner were very carb heavy and the fruits/salads always were the first to go.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Erik, Thanks for sharing! It is awesome to hear about your inspiring and meaningful experience on the Construction and Renovation project in Fiji! We are so grateful to have had you volunteer with us. Thanks for being an IVHQer!
Clover – IVHQ Fiji Program Manager