Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Fiji from $370

COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily. Learn more about COVID-19 updates and sign up for email notifications to stay tuned regarding program information.

Dilkusha
Farewell ceremony
Farewell ceremony
A class photo of my kindergarten class
A class photo of my kindergarten class

Trusted by 110,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Fiji and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 3 volunteer project options in Fiji and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Fiji, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Fiji program is available year-round, offering a start date on every Monday
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $340 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 20 and 70 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Fiji each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

I did not travel with my family for this trip, but my oldest child is eleven and I would for sure want to take him on the next volunteer experience. However, I don; think I would take any of my kids younger than that. It also depends on where you go.

Chloe

Best learning experiance!

I did a 2 week volunteer placement in kindergarten in Fiji and it was one of the best experiances i have had in my life! I cant believe how much I learnt in 2 weeks and how beautiful all the Fiji people were and the children! I was lucky to be able to help out at the kinds in a village in Fiji. I loved this experiance as each day we played lots of games with kids, sang and danced, the kids are full of happiness and energy which made my day everyday.
I highly recommend this experiance and i am very grateful I got to experiance this!

Be open minded and enjoy everyday, even the hard days!
Ellie

Fiji IVHQ 2019

Firstly, i was greeted at the airport by a member of the team who was very easy to identify and extremely friendly and welcoming. We were then transported to the accommodation by transport covered in the cost of the programme fees which made things run so smoothly. Once arriving at the accommodation, again greeted by warm, welcoming people who made everyone feel at ease. I started off my volunteering experience with the introduction week which I would highly recommend everyone to take part in. This involved different experiences in allowing volunteers to really get to know the culture of the country/area you are volunteering in. The next week, I was involved in volunteering in a specific class in a school which meant I could develop an amazing bond with the pupils in my class. Pupils were so loving and appreciated every little thing you did for them. The little added touches that the team arranged for volunteers to make everyone feel extra special included a leaving ceremony every week for volunteers who were leaving which included a traditional farewell song conducted by the coordinators, ensuring you are set for the weekend in helping to arrange transport, hostels etc. and always being so friendly every time they see you, knowing everyones name and treating everyone as individuals. I had the absolute time of my life and met great volunteers, coordinators and locals. I would definitely recommend this programme to anyone who is debating doing something amazing for people who deserve it.

The whole idea of the programme is to live like locals but some basic things in the accommodation could have been easily amended. There were no locks on the toilet or shower door and nowhere to hang your clothes when you were in the shower. When it is a shared accommodation with 10-15 people, this can get a little bit frustrating but this is a small minor thing; the programme is an amazing experience
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for your review, Ellie! Great to hear you had a fantastic Fijian welcome on arrival to your program and that you continued to feel welcomed and supported during your stay! Thanks for you valuable contribution to the project and we hope to welcome you back again sometime soon! ^Sean - IVHQ Fiji Program Manager

Evgenia Charikleia

Sensational experience

For anyone who loves combining travelling, making an impact on the local community and building an exceptional resume, this program is ideal. I will never forget my time in Fiji as I immersed myself in the culture, made lifelong friends and had hands on experience in the Kindergarten I was placed.The people are incredibly friendly and Fiji is capable of making you feel comfortable fast.There was no language barrier as everyone could speak a basic level of English and any visitor will be able to adore the unique culture and way of life of the Fiji Islands. IVHQ provided an extensive, detailed description of the program and supported the volunteers both before and after they arrived in country. Moreover, the fees were affordable and totally worth it for this unrivalled time.
Higly recommended!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have definitely registered to stay for longer.
Alyssa

Forever Dreaming About Fiji.

I do not even know where to start. To say my time in Fiji was amazing does not even do justice to explain how my trip impacted me. I choose Fiji because it was a place I have longed to go to for such a long time. It's beautiful waters, incredible sunsets, unique traditions and a place that so many people want to go to, but don't. Can you imagine my surprise when I finished my six week trip to see that it was none of those things I wanted to talk about? When I left my trip I was heartbroken because I didn't want to leave everyone I met. All 42 of my students, who taught me how to love full heartily, my teacher I got to work under, my fellow volunteers, and of course the amazing coordinators and staff of the Green Lion. I think about my students to this day and feel so lucky because even over a year later we still message each other, I have never had a bond with anyone like I do them.

To anyone who is considering doing a trip through IVHQ, especially to Fiji, do it. This trip exceeded any expectations that I had and if anything I wish I did it for longer. The staff at the Green Lion ( Hi Tony, Annie, Diva, Tmah) always put a smile on face and kept everything so positive. They helped out with anything that was needed and always made sure we felt safe. By the end of the trip I wanted to work with them, that is how amazing they are.

Fiji is a beautiful place, but it isn't because of the waters, sunsets, beaches, and islands. It is so beautiful and like nothing in this world because of the people.

I will be missing and dreaming of Fiji forever.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
It wasn't unfamiliar but just be prepared to eat a lot of hard boiled eggs for breakfast and lots of vegetables!
Danny

Incredible, once in a lifetime experience

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Suva with the IVHQ team. Not only was it the first time I was abroad alone, but it was also the most rewarding and memorable experience I've had in my life. The relationships I built here with the locals and those I volunteered with are not possible anywhere else and I am just glad I got to be a part of it. I met people from Germany, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, the UK and many others. What I realized on my trip was that people all around the world are a lot more similar to you than they are different and some of the best friends you make might also be the ones you least expected to be. This experience has inspired to me to continue to travel and volunteer and whenever I get the chance I will be doing it through IVHQ.

I would say nothing because it truly was a comprehensive experience.
Erika

My awesome Fiji experience!

My sister and I had an absolutely amazing time in Fiji, we wish we had longer than two weeks to spend there! The staff were amazing and super supportive...for example, we had some trouble with ordering a van for the weekend and all the staff were there immediately to back us up and help us get where we needed to go which was so awesome. The accommodations were simple but clean and there were lots of communal areas to socialize with the other people in the house. My sister and I did an orientation week and they were able to work around the rainy weather to make sure we hit everything on the list, plus got our full week of volunteering. The placement we were in had tons of staff for extra teaching support, and the kids were so much fun to work with. The "work day" went from around 9-2:30/3 so we had time once we got back to relax. The food was also great; I have a few dietary restrictions and they were super good about accommodating me! Overall we had an amazing time and I look forward to future travels with IVHQ!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I really wish we had a longer time in Fiji, I don't think 2 weeks was quite enough. unfortunately, my sister and I both had to come back for school, but if I had the chance I would have stayed at least another week if not 2 more. I plan to do another trip in the future with IVHQ that is 4-6 weeks.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Erika, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with future volunteers! It sounds like you had an awesome time on the program and were well looked after by the local team! We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager.

Anita

Fiji

Volunteering in Fiji through IVHQ was an amazing experience that I will cherish forever. I had the opportunity to work with a kindergarten class, which was a unique experience. At the beginning of the program i was super nervous as I had never travelled overseas alone before, but IVHQ assisted me every step of the way. The program was well organised, the accommodation was grear and the food was amazing. 100% would recommend

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The quality of the accommodation and food was amazing and exceeded my expectations
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Anita, thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you had an incredible experience in Fiji and it is awesome to hear that you were well looked after. Thanks for recommending IVHQ and we would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager

Shane

Fiji

I had the most amazing experience volunteering through IVHQ. I went to Fiji and it felt like I was immersed with he locals, but yet enjoying a vacation. The entire process was fluid and made me feel comfortable. I have already decided that any future volunteering will be done through IVHQ. This is now the way I plan on vacationing. The accommodations were not the nicest, but was as nice as possible for the place we were in. I never felt unsafe or on my own. The coordinators were friendly welcoming and attentive. I had a blast and would have stayed for multiple months if possible. When I returned home I immediately told my wife this is the way we need to vacation. I can not wait until my next adventure volunteering and I can promise you it will be through IVHQ.

I would have the accommodations be a little nicer. I paid extra for my own private room which was nice but could have been improved. I would have also like for the volunteering experience to be a little more structured.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Shane, thanks for sharing your feedback about the Fiji Program! Sounds like you had an incredible experience and it is awesome to hear that you felt immersed in with the real local culture! We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future! Samantha - IVHQ Program Manager.