Short Term Volunteer Program in India

Age
17 - 100 years
4 travelers are looking at this program

About This Program

Volunteering India welcomes all willing participants to be a part of this incredible short-term volunteering journey where one can work with the little street kids dwelling at shelter homes in Delhi, and help them grow as better human beings. A complete city tour will be organized for the volunteers so that they can witness the grandeur of the historical past of India. You'll also get to travel to Agra for the weekend and witness the beauty of the Taj Mahal.

Volunteering with children would be an amazing experience and volunteers will have to teach, play, take care and ensure that the kids get what they deserve. Volunteers can bring smiles on the faces of these disadvantaged street children by helping to create an environment conducive for their holistic development in order to enable them to become a part of mainstream society.

• A chance to provide love, care, basic literacy, recreation and most importantly spend time and shower affection to the little ones.
  • Get first-hand work experience and contribute towards making a difference.
  • Explore the capital city of India, New Delhi, and absorb the life & culture of the place.
  • Meet some amazing travelers from different parts of the world and widen your social circle.
  • Make the most of your 2 weeks break and experience the goodness of working for a meaningful volunteer program.
What's Included
Airfare
SIM cards
Travel Insurance
Visa

In a span of 2 weeks, you'll get to touch the lives of the little ones living in underprivileged conditions, and share some happiness with them. Teach them some basic lessons, help them to dream bigger and make a difference in their lives. Our past volunteers have also put in their humble efforts to renovate the slum schools, making it a more vibrant learning environment. It'll be an impactful journey for you as well - as you'll get to indulge yourself in knowing more about India - its culture, diversity, history and more.

Video

Pricing

Two Weeks
$725 USD

Hosted by Volunteering India

Volunteering India provides safe, affordable and meaningful volunteer programs in India, with the aim of making an impact in the lives of the underprivileged ones.

We offer a vast variety of programs, cultural exchange programs, internships, gap year programs in India, where volunteers can choose to work in New Delhi, Palampur/Dharamshala. Our...

Gloria

Gloria - Mini Break Program - Palampur - August 2016

Volunteering work was nice; for sure volunteering for more time is better cause you need the first week to settle down yourself!
Bobby (program coordinator) is a wonderful person, always taking care of volunteers needs; was very helpful even before my arrival; he is fun, became a good friend and made this experience unique!
Palampur is a very safe and relaxing place to live! Volunteering house is a very good accomodation.
I met a lot of new friends, a new culture; everyone was very welcoming and I felt home everywhere!
I'm sad I didn't take part to orientation week before going there, it would have been very interesting!

During the visits around (Golden temple, McLeod Ganj, sightseen around Palampur area etc...) there should be a guide explaining the story and meaning of what we are visiting.
Despite this I'm happy to have seen a lot of places around Palampur!

Read my full story
Alix

Palampur 2015

I loved my time in India, most of which was spent up north in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh. During our month there we made awesome and unforgettable memories - some of the things you would wish you could forget, but those were the reasons I chose to go in the first place, and I hope I don't forget them as they are the memories that made India a life changing experiences.

Many of the funny experiences we had in Palampur involved the buses, whether it was everyone staring at us, one of us falling over, falling out, or getting on the wrong bus and surviving a massive detour... But one day a group of us girls were on our way home from town for the day, and as the bus went past a group of the street stalls it slowed right down, the side door quickly opened and slammed shut again, and there was a news paper parcel all bound up under the front seat. In our heightened states of paranoia we all jumped to the instant conclusion that the parcel was a bomb and we were about to die. It took a reasonable amount of self control and rational thinking (for me at least) to stay on the bus until we got home, and convince ourselves that it was unlikely to be a bomb..midday..on a half empty bus...in the quiet town of Palampur.

That night when we told our in country partners about what had happened on the bus they laughed at us and explained that it would have been a good parcel - and a sneaky way of transporting between towns was via buses... A bit different to how we do things back home :)

More information, before we leave our own countries about the community health week would be much more beneficial i think. That way we would be able to be more prepared, maybe bring over more specific things with us that would aid the project.
Carolina

Amazing life experience

India has surpried me and changed me. Its culture, customs and people hopitality.
It was also the girls I shared this amazing journey with. We will hopefully keep the friendship for many years. I thank the company for all the support.

Response from Volunteering India

Hello Carolina,

Thanks for writing a review about us, it is lovely to see that you enjoyed the program and gave us 10/10. I am not sure why you have said that you would not recommend our program, maybe it was a mistake?

Hoping to have you back in India with us.

Thanks
Team Volunteering India

Sofia

Great!

I had a really great time with Volunteer India. I felt that I got a lot for my money as we saw so many different things and had some amazing experiences. The staff are really friendly and helpful. I felt safe in a country I had never been before. All the accommodation and food was fantastic - even for someone who doesn't like spicy food!

Personally, I did not find the day in Amrtisar enjoyable - I would rather have had longer in Delhi!
Sarah

Such an amazing experience

This experience was wonderful and taught me so much about life and myself that I couldn't learn in school. I met amazing people and learned a lot about a completely different culture. I will always hold this trip close to my heart.

Caroline

awesome programme

I didn't know what to expect when I came to India.I had the best experience ever, wish I could do this every year. India is a beautiful country with real nice and concerning people.It was maybe the best experience of my life. I had so much fun and I will never forget the time! Volunteering India was also supportive and helpful to me, overall. Small, but reputable organization.

FAQ

Great question! Once you send a message or press Apply Now, the provider of this program will receive your message or application, and guide you to the next step. All you have to do is fill out a few details! The entire process should only take a few days and every message will appear in your personal inbox.

You will know within the next few days.

Your message will be sent to the provider who runs this program! You will receive a personal email as well as a message in your Go Overseas Inbox (top right of the page, "Inbox") once the provider responds to your question. At any point, you can ask more questions by pressing View within your Go Overseas Inbox.

Wait for the provider of this program to accept you! You will receive an email to your personal inbox as well as your Inbox here on Go Overseas within 48 hours.