Volunteers joining the Teaching Program will work in primary schools in and around Palampur and teach kids about the basics of English so that the base of their language is strengthened. The teacher-student ratio is poor in these schools, and thus, your contribution will be immensely valuable.
Volunteers will teach kids between the age of 6 to 14 years. Apart from English, the other subjects that are to be taught include maths, geography, and general knowledge. Activity-based learning and interactive sessions are more beneficial while teaching these little ones.
This teaching volunteering project in India will provide invaluable experience of working in a school without any prior teaching experience or TEFL qualification. In this program, volunteers can work by themselves or alongside other teachers in the schools. Volunteers can also assist the teachers and help them find more creative ways of teaching.
- Opportunity to volunteer & teach the basics of English to the kids, and help them to converse well.
- Create a playful environment by encouraging kids to learn arts and crafts, singing, dancing & other co-curricular activities.
- Make a difference in the lives of these little ones and help them to dream of a better future.
- Explore the Himalayan town, visit the tea gardens & monasteries and soak in the beauty of nature.
- Meet some amazing travelers from other parts of the world and work as a team.
Being a part of the Teaching Program, you'll be working with rural and semi-urban primary schools in Palampur, where the teacher-student ratio is extremely poor. You will get to create a direct impact on the lives of the students, by providing them adequate attention that they require, for proper knowledge accumulation and growth. You can be their role model and help them dream of a better future. Focus mainly on their English & Maths lessons, which are the most important. You can also contribute to the administrative and managerial work in the schools, and help the local staff. Some of the volunteers also took the initiative to paint and renovate the schools, in order to make a more joyful learning environment.