Volunteer for Teaching Program in Palampur, India

Age
17 - 100 years
2 travelers are looking at this program

About This Program

Volunteers joining the Teaching Program will work in primary schools in and around Palampur and teach kids about the basics of English so that the base of their language is strengthened. The teacher-student ratio is poor in these schools, and thus, your contribution will be immensely valuable.

Volunteers will teach kids between the age of 6 to 14 years. Apart from English, the other subjects that are to be taught include maths, geography, and general knowledge. Activity-based learning and interactive sessions are more beneficial while teaching these little ones.

This teaching volunteering project in India will provide invaluable experience of working in a school without any prior teaching experience or TEFL qualification. In this program, volunteers can work by themselves or alongside other teachers in the schools. Volunteers can also assist the teachers and help them find more creative ways of teaching.

• Opportunity to volunteer & teach the basics of English to the kids, and help them to converse well.
  • Create a playful environment by encouraging kids to learn arts and crafts, singing, dancing & other co-curricular activities.
  • Make a difference in the lives of these little ones and help them to dream of a better future.
  • Explore the Himalayan town, visit the tea gardens & monasteries and soak in the beauty of nature.
  • Meet some amazing travelers from other parts of the world and work as a team.
What's Included
SIM cards
Travel Insurance
Visa
Wifi

Being a part of the Teaching Program, you'll be working with rural and semi-urban primary schools in Palampur, where the teacher-student ratio is extremely poor. You will get to create a direct impact on the lives of the students, by providing them adequate attention that they require, for proper knowledge accumulation and growth. You can be their role model and help them dream of a better future. Focus mainly on their English & Maths lessons, which are the most important. You can also contribute to the administrative and managerial work in the schools, and help the local staff. Some of the volunteers also took the initiative to paint and renovate the schools, in order to make a more joyful learning environment.

Video

Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
( BOM )
Kempegowda International Airport
( BLR )

India is well known for the rapid growth that they have been experiencing. The economic growth and substantial changes to the infrastructure have made it possible for many cities to grow as travel destinations. Exploring India is inexpensive but rich in culture with big ticket attractions like the Taj Mahal to the taken-for-granted geography of the mountains, deserts, and beaches.

Hosted by Volunteering India

Volunteering India provides safe, affordable and meaningful volunteer programs in India, with the aim of making an impact in the lives of the underprivileged ones.

We offer a vast variety of programs, cultural exchange programs, internships, gap year programs in India, where volunteers can choose to work in New Delhi, Palampur/Dharamshala. Our...

Rachel

India 2016 summer pogram

aside from being an absolutely beautiful country where i made so many fond memories, i will always remember india as the place where my awareness of other ways of life grew tremendously. spending time in the slums of delhi made me realise that not only am i incredibly fourtunate but that even if i wasnt, there are still so many things to be happy about. the children in the school we volunteered in were so full of happiness and stories to share with me, which i adored. i have never been more inspired by a group of people than i was by those children and for that i am forever thankful. as one of the youngest members of our group of volunteers i feel i learned a lot about independence and responsibility, both from my surroundings and from other group members. it was interesting having so many nationalities all together and now i feel like i have new friends all over the world! this trip opened my eyes to so many opportunities that exist in the world and it has inspired me to travel as much as i can in the future. also, maybe most importantly of all, it has taught me things i never realised about myself, and i hope to be able to apply my newfound hope and open mindedness to my everyday life. thank you

Robert

Wolfert Dalton 2016

We came as a group of 17 students ( 15- 17 years) with 2 teachers to work in Delhi at some schools. We do this every year.
We stayed in two houses.
They were clean and well equiped.
Every morning breakfast was provided by Shankar en Rameesh. We were also escorted to the schools, and picked up during lunch and at the end of the day where they also provided dinner.
In short words : we were in good hands, safe and sound. Allways joyfull and helpfull. They took care of the sick students. The food was excellent.
In the meanwhile there was a very diverse cultural program, well organised.
I have only positive facts to mention and i would recommend other school to join this program.

Love and respect to all workers of the organisation and the schools.
mr Robert

Natasha

Volunteering in Palampur

I volunteered with Antipodeans abroad as a third year nursing and midwifery Student in Palampur, India. This experience was fantastic with working in a local women's hospital in the week and then being able to travel as a group on the weekends. We did lots of travelling but this led to lots of fun experiences from paragliding, to hiking, to visiting the Pakistan Border and the golden temple, visiting many markets and temples, sightseeing, eating amazing food in different places, and of course staying in comfortable hotels. Best experience would have been paragliding in the Himalayas, such a beautiful view. We even got invited to an Indian wedding and jumped in the back of a quad bike one night which was a heap of fun. You meet so many lovely people and get to stay with other incredible volunteers. This was a great experience.

Maybe just more western foods made by the cook. I was very ill and often, and once I started vomiting I couldn't stand to eat any more curry. This made my trip less enjoyable as I really only ate breakfast. But oh well, I lost 5kg so who is complaining. Also a more comfortable hang out area would be cool, to have almost like a lounge area or something with a good TV and DVD player for everyone to hang out and watch together, otherwise it was still nice being able to play cards and read books too.
Fien

The most impressive week of my life

For me, the highlight of my week in India was definitely the interaction with the children at the schools. Their enthusiasm was extremely contagious :-). I also enjoyed the sightseeing. It was a lot of walking for us, especially since we're not used to the heat and those distances, however, this couldn't ruin the fun!

The walking distances.
Merel

An amazing week in New Delhi

The whole trip was amazing ! In the first days we visited temples, some with many decorations and some that had not that much decorations. We also went shopping at the market so we could buy some things for our families. After these days we were starting to paint and teach at the schools. We also played games and sang with the children. This was super fun to do with all the sweet children. I realy enjoyed my time in New Delhi and I would love to come back !

FAQ

Great question! Once you send a message or press Apply Now, the provider of this program will receive your message or application, and guide you to the next step. All you have to do is fill out a few details! The entire process should only take a few days and every message will appear in your personal inbox.

You will know within the next few days.

Your message will be sent to the provider who runs this program! You will receive a personal email as well as a message in your Go Overseas Inbox (top right of the page, "Inbox") once the provider responds to your question. At any point, you can ask more questions by pressing View within your Go Overseas Inbox.

Wait for the provider of this program to accept you! You will receive an email to your personal inbox as well as your Inbox here on Go Overseas within 48 hours.