This 14 day immersive experience into volunteering in village schools, a street children project, a boys home, school for disabled children or at an animal charity is for ladies who want to see the real India and get involved. Based in Udaipur in Rajasthan, in your spare time you will visit the lakes, palaces and enjoy shopping in the Market. Weekends are for travel and one weekend the group will go to Jodhpur and spend one night in an hotel in the city, visiting the Fort and the second night with a desert family. Sleeping under the stars (if you want), riding camels at dawn to see the sun rise (optional) and dancing round the fire with the Rajasthani dancers after dinner are all part of the experience. At the end of the trip, you travel on the night sleeper train to Agra (a 'must do' experience) and spend one night in an hotel and visit the Taj Mahal. Returning to Delhi by train, you stay in an airport hotel and return home next day!
- See the real India, help teach English, maths, art & craft to the children in the schools, projects, homes
- Travel with like minded ladies and form good friendships and have some fun too
- See Jodhpur on one of the weekends which includes staying with desert family, sleeping under the stars, riding camels and dancing round the fire
- See the world famous Taj Mahal and learn about its history and soak up its beauty
- Get a good insight into Indian life, culture, music, Bollywood films and, most import, the lovely food
Helping these children learn English and approach learning in a fun way, will hopefully stay with them for life. They are taught in a very rigid, old fashioned, learn-by-rote method. You will learn some basic Hindu on arrival to help you with keeping your students in line and also asking them their names and how old they are.