India Udaipur: Teaching/ Construction/Orphanage Programs

Overview
Project length: From 2 weeks to 8 weeks
Arrival Airport: Maharana Pratap (Code: UDR)
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4 to 6 hours per day
Requirements: Police Check/Clearance report
Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
Airlines: Jet Airways, Indian Airlines, Spice Airlines
Vaccinations: Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov

Inclusions
Accommodation: Share Volunteer House
Meals: Breakfast, lunch box and dinner daily
Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
Hindi Lessons: 5 Days included
Optional: Indian Cuisine, Yoga, Henna and Dance lessons (not included)
Not included:

Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet

Victoria

You can do so much in India

I loved my experience in India Jaipur. Some little culture things were frustrating and some other things were extraordinary. There is a mentality of “that’s just India”, but thing can change for the better if the adults could open their minds to the possibilities. Although there are not many resources, volunteers can do and bring so much. Every person has a talent that they can bring to the table, but that can only happen if there is organization and adults who desire to better the project one volunteer at a time with a broader view I did find this balance. The children at the program are beautiful and I wish I could give them the world, but they taught me that unconditional love is the best thing a person could ever give them.
Some tips I can give for other volunteers: Don’t have expectations. 10 minutes really means 45. Having an Indian sim card is great if you don’t have an international plan. Be patient with everyone and yourself.

harshik

India Jaipur Medical Mission

On one of the days, we visited a local school to conduct a health check up. The school did not have proper walls and the coordinator told me that for some time, the school did not have a proper roof. Inside one of the classrooms, I saw 15 little children bundled up in scarves and jackets, eager to learn. It warms my heart to see the dedication and passion these children had for their education. The children were so respectful and stood up and greeted me when I entered their classroom. It was a privilege to do a health check up for these children. I checked their height, weight, and eyesight. Most of the children were underweight. It was inspiring to see how happy these children were regardless of the condition of their school or their financial backgrounds. They were determined to study and progress their careers. Despite the fact that these children were from humble backgrounds, their lunches were all homemade and healthy. During my stay in India, I often observed that middle class and upper class children ate a lot of unhealthy refined flour products like Maggi, biscuits, and namkeens for lunch. Despite the fact that these children were from humble backgrounds, their lunches were all homemade and healthy. This was also great to see. I truly enjoyed visiting the school, and I wish I had had more time to visit another one of the schools.

I was very surprised to see that the ER only had one staff person who had a constant line of patients needing attention. I recognized the shortage of staff and supplies. The ECG in the hospital was a 5-lead ECG, but the nurse taught me how to take 12 lead measurements using the machine. I understood the challenge of health care in India is providing good quality care with minimal resources. This was a great mind and practical exercise.

About A Broader View Volunteers Corp

A Broader View Volunteers is a registered 501c(3) nonprofit charity located in the USA. Our organization was founded in 2007 and is based in Pennsylvania. Our charity # is 26-0594308, you can fundraise for the cost of the trip in our website and all...