Teaching Volunteer Project India

Teaching Volunteer Project India

Join one of the Teaching Volunteer Program in India. In our teaching program you will be teaching to the kids which came from BPL ( Below Poverty Line ) families. We have built a small day care centers in Jaipur, India where everyday around 80 children benefiting by the program with the help of volunteers like you. We have local teaching volunteers but they are not good in English. If you join it you can support in teaching them Basic English & Maths and can also interact in more extracurricular activities like sport, drama or music lessons for example. Because such things are not organized in the school it makes children not be interested in attending class everyday, they get bored because of the lack of extracurricular activities. Children get very good attachment when someone came for them for short time and do project to teaching them.

Asia » India » Jaipur
Asia » India
Guesthouse
$340 for 1 Week in Total & $160 per week thereafter. No Application Fees required.
What is included: Arrival pickup from Jaipur, Program relevant materials, Accommodation, Meal, Transportation, Weekend sightseeing of Pinkcity Jaipur & 24 hours of admin support.
What is not included: Tourist Visa, Flights, Internet, Telephone Calls, Insurance Cover, and Airport Drop off.

It looks like they're accepting of most ages! The website says the volunteers range from ages 18 to 70. Here's the link for more information: http://www.volunteeringwithindia.org/faq/

Celia
Denmark

Real experiance to Teach Kids

I would recommend anyone who is looking for a pleasing, satisfying as well as a real experience of volunteering abroad to go with VWI. The staffs are very warm, friendly and funny and they make feel at home. The project itself was very safe and organized. One is given the opportunity to form strong relationship whilst teaching with the community children and school kids who were all very friendly and eager to learn. The feeling I got when the kids smiled and when they progressed in their learning is an extremely overwhelming and rewarding feeling which is very difficult to describe in words. The time spent with the children will definitely stay in my memories forever. The program also includes sightseeing tour of Pinkcity, Jaipur which include you to visit famous places like Amber Palace, Monkey Palace, Hawa Mahal, City Palace and many more. These trips were enjoyed so much. The Six weeks that I spent in Jaipur with VWI was fun and I did not want to go back home as the time spent so fast. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Eric
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

The experience of a lifetime

My week with VWI in Jaipur was a wonderful experience. Teaching the children was hard work, but their enthusiasm and willingness to learn made it all worthwhile. My last day, when we all danced together, was very emotional and something I will treasure forever.
India is a fascinating country: the traffic in Jaipur is unbelievable and the complete contrast in culture to England is staggering. I was certainly out of my "comfort zone" but never at any time did I feel in any way threatened --- the people were extremely friendly and curious!
VWI is a very good and authentic organisation who looked after me very well throughout my stay.I also met several people from TAABAR who do so much good work in the community.
As I say in the headline: " The experience of a lifetime"

There could perhaps be more emphasis on translation from English phrases to Indian ( and back again)

Example: My name is John

The children need to know the equivalent Indian phrase to be able to better understand what they are learning when writing and saying the words

Overall though, a very impressive programme

Kelsey
Germany

Incredible India Time

I had a wonderful time in India doing the teaching Project in Jaipur with VWI for 6 weeks. I met with many people and made a lot of Indian friends, ate a lot of delicious Indian food, and traveled to a lot of beautiful historical places.

I really enjoyed the time I spent at the school center, the time I worked with kids made me understand the meaning of life. I spent about 6 weeks with kids in August- September. The climate is good here in Jaipur as the rain stopped passed away during these months and the entire city which is covered by mountain look pretty by the greenery. In School sometimes kids were very naughty, but sometimes they make me in so much love; they gave me their toys; give their notebook to write my name and they get around me most of the time when I in the classroom. I was so happy and excited with kids every day; they made my heart soft and warm. They don't know what's good and bad; they are pure and natural. I hope they grow up happily and healthily.
I was living in the Indian Host Family. A caretaker cleaned my room every day. The host family prepares 3 meals per day for me Breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the meals which they served me during my placement was so delicious. But actually, I haven't spent a lot of time in the apartment because I spent a lot of time with my Indian friends. The VWI team members invited me to their houses to have dinners. Their parents and other family members were also very hospitable. I not only tried a lot of local snacks, but also traveled to a lot of beautiful spots because they recommended me many beautiful places.

There are hundreds of Gods in India, and my friends have told me some of their legends, like cobra God or the God with an elephant face. The stories are so mysterious, and I think it's really interesting to know about them. I didn't meet a lot of cultural shock in India, instead of some interesting cultural habits. My Indian friends taught me how to use hand to have dinner; I saw cows walk in the street freely and even the crowded traffic cannot disturb them. Every family has their own beliefs, and they believe in their Gods very firmly. Everything is fine in India except traffic, and I was afraid to cross the road, because all cars, autos, motorcycles are very fast. I learned one skill in India: bargain with auto men. I not only had to tell the auto man go by meter, but also tell him please go fast or he would choose a longer distance for charging more money.
Anyway, it was an unforgettable experience for me. I like Indian people, Indian culture, and Indian food. I will definitely recommend to my friend because it will give you a beautiful and unforgettable memory.

Volunteering With India gives you opportunity to work in India for various development volunteering program including work with children, Orphanage work, Work with elephants,Women empowerment & Theater Volunteer program.