Livnot U'lehibanot - Volunteer Programs in Israel

Livnot connects visitors from around the world with meaningful community service projects in Tzfat, Jerusalem and Beit Shemesh. Volunteering with Livnot is a great way to participate in "Tikun Olam" (repairing the world) during one of the days of a vacation, tour, family or school trip, community mission, or your child's Bar/Bat Mitvah in Israel.

Volunteers will work with local community leaders on varies projects as different needs arise. We also take our volunteers special skills and interests into account, so please let us know!

The volunteers live in the heart of the old city in ancient, dug out rooms. It is incredible. Each room has its own bathroom and the rooms sizes vary from 3 people per room to 5. They also each have windows and access to air (don't be put off by the 'dug out' description. I only mean they are each a part of the extensive excavation that Livnot has done over the past 35 years and they are mostly...
I am asking the same question as Emily?

Olivia

My time at Livnot

Even though I was only part of Livnot for a week in 2014, I continue to look back fondly at my time there. Tzfat is an incredible place and Livnot helps people see what is so special about the city, Israel, and Judaism. The combination of classes, volunteering and outdoor adventures were a perfect balance for fun and learning. The most memorable part for me was taking a hike at night. I'd never done that before and haven't since. It really helped me sharpen my senses and appreciate wildlife in a way I hadn't yet. I was even able to co-host a talent show! The variety of programming Livnot offers makes it a fantastic trip for any Jew.

I can't think of any improvements!
Ari

My time at Livnot

I had the privilege to spend my summer at Livnot Ulihibanot a few summers ago. It. Was a life changing experience. My morning started with the sunrise looking at at the mountains. I then experienced a touch of spirituality, a dose of hiking, and a pinch of volunteering every week I was there. It was really inspiring, and I get excited every time I go back to visit. Thank you Aharon Botzar and the whole Livnot family for everything you do.

I would to better stay in touch with all of the participants
Dorian

Absolutely Incredible Program!

Words cannot describe how deeply this program impacted me and other participants. I have never learned, thought, laughed, and smiled more in one week of my life. The leaders and fellow participants were all kind, insightful, and smart people. The campus that participants live on is conviently located right in the old city and has a beautiful view of the mountains which is especially nice at sunset. We hiked, volunteers, learned about Kabbalah, and observed Shabbat.

Alexa

Home away from home

Even though the Livnot program was only a week long, the environment among the people and building very quickly made me feel at home. It was nice that the group was small, so I got to really know the people even though the program was short. We did things as a family, including cooking and dishes, and the communal feel of these mundane tasks made them fun. The staff was friendly and supportive, and introduced stimulating conversations and experiences. I went on breathtaking hikes and felt like a part of the community through the service. It was overall amazing!

I think that the program could be improved by introducing more community service and ways to continue doing community service.
Jeff

Amazing!

Livnot is an incredible experience and the best way to see Israel and meet her people. The in-depth program allows you to explore Judaism and the country in a very unique and supported manner. The entire trip is based on volunteering and learning and truly allows the participants to “build and be built”. In all of my many travel experiences (in Israel and elsewhere) no other organization provides the diverse and dynamic experience of Livnot!

Continue growing and offering more and more programming.
gmm

Livnot U'Lehibunot amazing experience

I would and have recommended the program to numerous people. It was an amazing adventure which I hope many more people will have the opportunity to participate in. From the amazing people that you get to meet, to the community building aspect of it, not to mention the amazing hikes. Through this experience I was able to see Israel in a new light. I had done birthright prior to participating in Livnot, and I would recommend Livnot over birthright much more. Not only do you get a better feel of the country of Israel, but you also learn so much more about the Jewish culture as well. Finally the people that I met through the program have definitely make an impact on my life, both participants of the program along with people who work in Livnot.

sssierra

Livnot was the summer adventure I didn't even know I needed!

I stumbled upon Livnot U'Lehibanot by luck after my initial plans in Israel fell through. My experiences at Livnot ended up being exactly the kind of summer adventure that I wanted. The people, scenery, work and community were incredible. I wish I could do Livnot U'Lehibanot every summer.

Ariana

Livnot made Israel come to life

Livnot was an amazing experience. I did Birthright ten years prior and left with mixed feelings. I didn't like being in bus for ten straight days nor did i like feeling that Judaism was being pushed on me. Livnot was so different. I interacted with the community (locally in Tsfat and within Livnot) as well as the land regularly. Livnot attracts good people- people who feel okay about leaving their comforts for an opportunity to explore, learn and serve. I had some deep conversations and spiritual moments while on this program. I really recommend it.

Jesica

Livnot? fou shou!

If you are thinking about extending your Birthright trip or just going to Israel and spending some time in the magical land of Tzfat with Amazing people doing Amazing things, then this is your program.

Look no further, because in Livnot you will be living in a house full of light and you will be projecting this light onto wherever you volunteer and hike.

I went to livnot last year during the summer, and all the memories from that journey are amazing (cooking all of us together, volunteering, cleaning dishes all together, singing, and helping out the community). I could not have asked for a better way to spend my time there.
Happy Travels!

Eed5712

Great program

This was a life changing 7 weeks. I lived with a host family in Matagalpa, Nicaragua and they treated me as if I was their own daughter. As a community, we began a small library for the school. My partner and I really got to know the community through 2 hour lessons about the topics such as the environment, nutrition, etc. that we had with local students. I always felt completely safe. I would recommend this program to absolutely anyone who was willing to be away from home for seven weeks and have an incredible adventure.

Michael

Livnot, "Deep Inside My Heart..."

I went on this program when I had a break with my other volunteer program. The city of Tzfat where Livnot is located is magical and the Livnot campus is the same. Overlooking the valley it truly is breathtaking and serene.
I got to spend 2 weeks with Livnot and they packed in so much! We got to go hiking, to a winery, and explore Tzfat. The people who work at Livnot are dedicated and very easy going. They make you feel very welcomed and the atmosphere is cozy.
Not only did the group and I have great adventures we also helped out the local community in various ways. We helped build up the local park, painted the inside of someones house, help tile the local high school and when a city worker accidentally contaminated half of Tzfat's drinking water, we all helped hand deliver fresh water to people who could not leave their house.
This program is a combination of volunteering, exploring, spirituality and overwhelming joy!

theycallmerob

Just Do It

Simply put, the greatest decision I've made in my life.

I arrived at Livnot on a one-way ticket after reconsidering my life (to date) in the US; I though of Livnot, and Israel, as a short stop on my global itinerary. However, 1 month later (way longer than I had planned), I was seriously considering staying for good.

Hiking, community service, the people, the land, the city...everything comes together perfectly.
My only regret is having to leave at the end.

Mrose1988

Life changing experience

I have been gone from the magic city of Tsfst for almost a year and I still feel like I have more of a connection and community in tsfat than I do in any other place in the world. The staff, volunteers, and families involved in this program have forever impacted my life. I have nothing but great, positive things to say about this program

sarah

Livnot U'Lehibanot is Amazing

Livnot U"Lehibanot in english means, To Build and To Be Built. Along with physical building within their wonderfully structured community service program, they also inspire community and spiritual "building." There is a language within building, and that is the language of the soul. Livnot reminds participants about the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam--Healing the World. In several of the program's chavrut, or study sessions, we were encouraged to consider that each person is a world. So if we are each a world, how then do we perceive building ourselves, the community, and the bigger picture, the world at large? I am deeply inspired by Livnot's work, and hope to stay connected with their community. As well as creating an inspiring environment, Livnot also cultivated a safe environment, where I felt *home*. For me, this feeling of home is so sacred, and I strive to cultivate it here. now. always.

S

Livnot

I had always heard about Livnot, but was not very keen on the idea of working and hiking, but I went for the experience to experience Tzfat and the north. Although the Volunteering was hard at times, it gave me a sense of community, that I was a part of something and I helped for the building of the future.

I was also lucky to go on a 2/3 day hike. Although I did not want to go, and I was struggling and in pain during the hike. Reaching the end, and the experience that you accomplish something that you never thought you would have done was amazing. When on a hike there is not much to do, so you talk, and on this hike I got to practice my Hebrew, and I got to know many conversations with the people on the programme.

About Livnot U'Lehibanot

Livnot is the premiere experience geared towards Jews 21-30+ with little or no background in Judaism. The program facilitates an exploration of Israel and Jewish heritage through the medium of fascinating seminars, challenging hikes and rewarding...