In the mountainous city of Luang Prabang, once known as the royal city of Laos, you can choose a focus in childhood development, teaching, or health and wellbeing. Each program is conducted in collaboration with local communities, GVI partners and participants, and aim to reach short, mid, and long-term goals that are measured against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
In your free time, travel among hillside valleys to visit traditional villages, or experience the cascading levels of Kuang Si waterfall. This is an opportunity to contribute towards meaningful sustainable initiatives, while surrounded by the connecting Mekong and Nam Khan rivers, forest lands, and mountains. Form connections with local community members, learning about their linguistics and culture.
- Stay and volunteer in a UNESCO World Heritage Site, learning about culture, linguistics, and the history of Laos.
- Assist with initiatives that work towards reaching the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Learn ethical and responsible ways to travel and volunteer abroad, collaborating to make a meaningful impact in sustainable development.
- Enhance your skills with practical and immersive experiences.
- Work alongside other like-minded international volunteers.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.