Volunteer in Peru | Education, Preservation, Medical or Sports

INLEXCA offers volunteer programs based in Cusco giving the perfect opportunity to travel with purpose while living in a beautiful and mystic setting in Peru. Our volunteer programs range from 2-24 weeks and offer home-stay accommodation or in volunteer guest house.

We have numerous projects that you can volunteer in such as: Education, Special Education, Childcare, Environmental Preservation, Medical, or Sports.

Program Highlights
  • 24/7 support
  • A variety of projects that match your interests and the project's needs.
  • Set in the beautiful city of Cusco, a UNESCO World Heritage Site

Andrea

Medical Volunteer in Peru

I was lucky enough to volunteer at a local clinic in Peru. I was really scared coming into this, because I had never traveled out of the country by myself. I'm really glad that I completed this trip, and feel like a stronger person coming out of it. My time here has not only confirmed that I'm on the right path, but has taught me a lot about the type of doctor I hope to be. I learned how to empathize with patients when you deliver bad news, and how to celebrate when you deliver good news. One thing I realized is how taxing it is on your mental health to be with sick patients all the time, but the doctors were constantly giving me advice and helping me through some of my first times with patients. The clinic opened their doors to me, allowing me to learn and thrive more than I could have imagines. From assisting in surgeries to perfecting my Spanish, no textbook or lecture will be able to teach me things I learned first hand in Peru. This experience has taught me to take risks and try new things; find my own path. I’m really excited to take everything I’ve learned and put it into practice, both in my personal and professional life.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I was able to assist in a hysterectomy with a lady who had an 11cm tumor on her uterus. 11cm seems small, but on average a uterus is about 7cm.
DIANA

Voluntariado en Perú

Translation: First volunteering and I had the opportunity to meet some amazing kids, every day I learned many more things from the people who helped there and the children, who have an incredible discipline at all times, are very applied and friendly.
This home offers a lot of love, reason more to leave all my help there.

Between adventures, help in the tasks and meet each of these people, I managed to strengthen my confidence in social work. I also had the opportunity to travel to Peru for the first time, and to explore how beautiful Cuzco is, its culture and tradition.
Walking through the streets of Oropesa with the children was quite an experience, they told me their school days and the way they could help was unequaled.

Primer voluntariado y tuve la oportunidad de encontrarme con unos chicos increíbles, cada día aprendía muchas mas cosas de las personas que ayudaban allí y de los niños, quienes tienen una disciplina increíble en todo momento, son muy aplicados y amistosos.
Este hogar ofrece mucho amor, razón mas para dejar toda mi ayuda allí.

Entre aventuras, ayudas en las tareas y conocer a cada una de estas personas, logre afianzar mas mi confianza en la labor social. Así mismo tuve la oportunidad de viajar a Perú por primera vez, y recorrer lo hermoso que es Cuzco, su cultura y tradición.
Caminar por las calles de Oropesa con los pequeños fue toda una experiencia, que ellos me contaran sus días de colegio y la forma en que podía ayudar, fue inigualable.

Translation: Transportation back to the airport, since the home is a bit far from Cusco, and being with the luggage makes it a bit more complex to return.

El transporte de vuelta para el aeropuerto, ya que el hogar queda un poco lejos de Cusco, y estar con el equipaje hace un poco mas complejo el volver.
1 person found this review helpful.