World Endeavors offers exciting programs that allow participants to experience Peru while contributing to the community in a meaningful way. Volunteers can choose from a variety of immersive, unique and rewarding community engagement projects like Eco-Build Experience, Equine Therapy, Special Needs Care, and Wildlife Conservation at an Endangered Animal Sanctuary!
The third largest country in South America, Peru is known for its iconic cultural heritage, especially the renowned Machu Picchu and the remnants of the Incan Empire. Peru is a land of endless opportunities to revel in nature – from surfing the northern waters to hiking the Andes Cordillera; from trekking the Amazon rainforest to visiting cultural sites and enjoying traditional dishes.
Volunteers stay in the district of Puyllucana – a small village in the northeastern part of Cajamarca. The scenery is stunning, the weather is enjoyable, and the locals are friendly - a relaxing oasis after an exciting day at your project!
- Immerse yourself in a new culture while sharing your time and talents in a program that combines volunteering and community engagement.
- Make new friends with people from all over the world and broaden your international network.
- Choose from a range of projects in fields like childcare assistance, community development, healthcare, special education, teaching and wildlife conservation!
- Marvel at the iconic Machu Picchu while learning about the fascinating Inca culture, and see some really cute llamas along the trek!
- Hike all the mountains and explore the mysteries of the Amazon.