- South Africa
View Other Details
1 week $670
2 weeks $1 120
3 weeks $1 660
4 weeks $1 920
5 weeks $2 280
6 weeks $2 560
7 weeks $2 940
8 weeks $3 280
Your fees include:
- Transfers on Saturdays for arrival/departure
- Three meals per day, tea, coffee, juice
- Accommodation including bedding and towels
- One trip to town per week
- Working in the community
- Internet and telephone charges
Your fees exclude:
- Flights, internal/international
- Travel insurance
- Personal toiletries such as shampoo, sun block, mosquito cream
- Sodas, cokes, alcohol
This exceptional experience provides volunteers with the unique opportunity of not only caring for some of South Africa’s most iconic species, but also of using these animals as a tool to inspire a generation of underprivileged school children to become passionate about wildlife conservation. Work with children and wildlife in the heart of the Limpopo Province of South Africa with DAKTARI, a non-profit organization.
Be it doing bush walks, learning about the negative aspects of poaching, or discussing the importance of respect, you will always be busy! Members of the project’s team will guide you and help you whenever needed, so you will never be alone!
DAKTARI volunteers pay a fee in order to cover the cost of their stay and to contribute to DAKTARI's programs. Your fee will feed a cheetah, get someone a job, and educate an underprivileged child. It helps us make an impact in the community and provides you with an amazing South African experience!
So - what are you waiting for?
COME JOIN US & HELP CHANGE OUR WORLD
**100% of your payment goes to the charity connected with the school children.**
- Take an active part in educating underprivileged children about the environment to make a real impact in their community! You, alongside the other volunteers, will be in charge of leading the lessons as well as the activities.
- Help care for injured and orphaned animals as part of the educational program.
- Meet the community through our outreach program in the local schools and creche, and help further our impact in the village!
- Experience Africa by immersing yourself in the community, or visiting some of the iconic sights and areas surrounding the project’s location!!
- You can also sign up for a home stay in which you and up to one other person can spend the night with one of our local families to see what it's like to live in an African village. Be prepared to get up early to help out!
Our programs have reached more than 4,000 children in 14 years, cared for hundreds of animals, and helped employ dozens of youth.
Teaching Program: We teach children about the environment and conservation. We supplement their schooling with math games and social talks about respect, substance abuse, and safe sex.
Wildlife Orphanage: The animals here have been found abandoned or injured. These animals can not be rehabilitated into the wild because they are too dependent. Our goal is to give them a second chance, while educating underprivileged children to care, love and protect them.
Outreach Program: Our work doesn't stop at our gates. We also have eco clubs and community development initiatives.