Learn advanced anti-poaching techniques and take part in real life wildlife operations. This is a serious wildlife course based in the heart of the African bush, where participants actively contribute to the protection of vulnerable species. Gain practical experience in advanced anti-poaching techniques and work alongside conservation professionals to understand the challenges facing those dedicated to protecting endangered species.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in some of South Africa’s finest wilderness areas, live in close proximity to wild animals, and be involved in genuinely meaningful and important work to preserve some of Africa’s most iconic and endangered species - most notably the rhino.
- Undertake daily foot and vehicle patrols and go on night drives to monitor nocturnal animals - including leopard and hyena
- Learn big game tracking skills, focusing on rhino trailing and the signs of human activity
- Train in anti-poaching techniques - learn about patrol planning, identifying poaching hotspots, the art of camouflage and surveillance, and ambush planning
- Gain an in depth understanding of the poaching industry and illegal wildlife trade
- Receive a certificate of participation recognised by the South African Police Service (SAPS) and the International Anti-Poaching Foundation (IAPF)