View Other Details
As a Give a Heart To Africa volunteer you will teach adult women to become entrepreneurs in our vocational school. They are truly a joy to work with, they are eager to learn and appreciate any help and knowledge our volunteers share with them. We have easy to follow lesson plans so no previous teaching experience is required. Our organization is run 100% by volunteers so we make sure your experience is a productive one. You will get to know our students not just at school but also by visiting them every Friday in their home.
We are located at the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro, in Moshi, Tanzania. Our school is adjacent to our house so we truly live with everybody as a small family.
Over the decade that GHTA has opened its doors to the Moshi community we have educated over 600 local residents and seen our graduates go onto create their own businesses that not just provide for their families but enrich the local economy as well.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
- Each year 50 disadvantaged women attend our program to learn basic business skills including English, business and vocational classes
- Give a Heart to Africa is a small NGO offering our volunteers an intimate experience working with a small staff team and other volunteers
- We have been in operation for over a decade with the only paid positions going to local Moshi residents
- 100% of all donations and volunteer fees go to our programs, our students and the operation of the school
- Volunteers have a unique opportunity to see a tangible impact on the students while there seeing growth in the women participants as they learn