Discover the Top Five Boomer Volunteer Vacations Worldwide.
Volunteer in Africa with Global Volunteers for one to three weeks! Volunteers have the opportunity to help local communities improve their livelihoods by teaching, constructing and repairing local schools, and promoting healthy habits. This is a great chance for all types of volunteers (individuals, families, and groups) to assist in community development of a rural village in Tanzania.
- Teach English, math, science, and geography in elementary and middle schools
- Help with homework and study skills
- Help with local public health campaigns
- Set an example for good health, nutrition and hygiene habits like washing hands
- Support education of young girls
- Establish and maintain gardens
- Build, paint and repair facilities like classrooms and dormitories
- Work with pregnant and new mothers and their children