Tanzania Community Volunteering | The Ultimate Volunteer & Travel in Tanzania

Tanzania Community volunteering

Anyone can see Africa, it takes someone special to live Africa. To give back, to make a difference where you’re truly needed!

Tanzania is the home of the world’s most famous safari spot - The Serengeti, and you're going to be placed right in the heart of it in Arusha! You’ll have enough time to explore it all, and get across to Zanizibar to stay for free with our other volunteering partners.

Make a real difference to the local community and choose from one of the following three projects; teaching, women’s empowerment and social work.

Start your journey knowing that you’ll be helping at a well-vetted project that really does make a huge difference within the local community.

Make your impact, be the change you want to see, make friends from all over the world and dive in head first, knowing that everything you need to make it the trip of a lifetime will be sorted for you!

• Rest easy knowing that your placement has been highly vetted. We’ve been there and worked with them personally, so we know from experience that they’re doing amazing work!
  • Accommodation and food all included so pretty much your only expenses will be if you head off site to explore Tanzania or Zanzibar on your days off.
  • Arrive in safety, comfort and style with return airport transfers.
  • Personal Trip Coordinator, ongoing support from our in-country partners & 24/7 Global Emergency Line
  • We’re going to continue supporting your travel dreams! We know that once that travel bug bites, it bites hard! To help, we’re going to give you a $200 Global Tour Voucher AND $250 off your next trip when you decide to travel with us again in the future.

Catherine

Amazing Tanzanian Experience

My placement was a particularly good one. It was such a privilege to genuinely enter village life and teach English to African children from 4yrs to 21yrs. After a few days they really welcomed me completely. The Maasai chief and the Mamma’s (The chief’s wives) thanked me for treating their children as my own and performed a ceremony the day I left giving me gifts that will last a lifetime. My time in Africa was a stark reminder of how incredibly important it is to prioritise the things in life that really matter. The African people have real joy, love, commitment and an enviable sense of community. They have nothing and yet they have everything. My time as a volunteer also gave me the opportunity to go on a safari to the Serengeti which was an extraordinary and exhilarating experience and one which I will treasure forever.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Standing in front of a group of children in a classroom and realising with a sinking heart that I was the teacher. The program coordinator had explained that my placement was as an assistant to the teacher but the Director of the program in Africa had a different idea. Just be prepared, sometimes an understanding can be lost in translation! As it turned out, I’m so glad it happened exactly as it did.
Stephen

Tanzania Treasure

My 3 months as an assistant volunteer at a small private school and large goverment school was incedibly rewarding and personally satisfying. Apart from teaching basic English and Maths I coached cricket which the children absolutely loved! The staff at Volunteer House (VH) were incredibly helpful, while VH itself was clean with good facilities including bar area, and 2 meals (breakfast and dinner) on weekdays, and by arrangement on weekends. Be prepared though for intermittent
interruption to power and water supply.

I do not have a suggestion for improving the programme.
Jovana

Loved my experience in Tanzania!

This was hands down the best experience I had! I’ve been to Europe & America and can say tanzania beats them all! The company were there for me every step of the way by helping me organise & plan the trip. They even had split payments which helped me heaps. They were so helpful in answering all my questions with such positivity & kindness. They basically said planned the whole trip for me & did not expect it to be so affordable! The accommodation was also lovely! I will most definitely plan another trip with them!