In order to provide chance, not charity, for the children and families that reside in the Meru District, we invite interested volunteers from all over the world to join our cause. TST works with the local community to create high impact and ethically responsible volunteer opportunities for those interested in affecting sustainable and long-lasting change. We are a completely humanitarian, non-denominational, registered nonprofit with one simple motive—to provide opportunity to the vulnerable children and families of Nkoaranga. Volunteering with TST will mean that you are part of a dedicated global network of people who truly want to make a difference! Childcare volunteers now have a minimum stay of four weeks, as it is too tough for the kids if there are many people in and out, building intense relations with them. Volunteers play an important role in education, playtime, and other caregiving situations with kids 3-6.
- Developing engaging activities/creative programs for the children including art, music, yoga, science experiments, day-trips, etc.
- Unique opportunity to volunteer ethically and make a real impact with a small, grassroots organization that is jointly Tanzanian and American run, focused on family preservation and community development!
- Highly affordable accommodation fees at only $300 per month and small, flexible fundraising goals with 100% guarantee that all money raised goes directly to our programs and kids, not salaries and administrative costs.
- Full time staff support, cultural activities, Swahili lessons, and the opportunity to experience Tanzanian culture in a respectful and engaging manner.
- Build relationships with amazing children and contribute to community development in a rural Tanzanian community.
The daycare center is a preschool for the children of families in need, allowing parents to start and maintain businesses to get their families on a more stable financial footing without sacrificing their children's care. This high quality preschool will also give many of these children a head start in their education that they otherwise could never have received. The daycare helps to maintain and care for children's mental, emotional, and physical health as well.