Early Childhood Education Volunteer in Tanzania

Daycare Uniforms
Daycare Uniforms
Daycare Outings
Daycare Outings

In order to provide chance, not charity, for the children and families that reside in the Meru District, we invite interested volunteers from all over the world to join our cause. TST works with the local community to create high impact and ethically responsible volunteer opportunities for those interested in affecting sustainable and long-lasting change. We are a completely humanitarian, non-denominational, registered nonprofit with one simple motive—to provide opportunity to the vulnerable children and families of Nkoaranga. Volunteering with TST will mean that you are part of a dedicated global network of people who truly want to make a difference! Childcare volunteers now have a minimum stay of four weeks, as it is too tough for the kids if there are many people in and out, building intense relations with them. Volunteers play an important role in education, playtime, and other caregiving situations with kids 3-6.

• Developing engaging activities/creative programs for the children including art, music, yoga, science experiments, day-trips, etc.
  • Unique opportunity to volunteer ethically and make a real impact with a small, grassroots organization that is jointly Tanzanian and American run, focused on family preservation and community development!
  • Highly affordable accommodation fees at only $300 per month and small, flexible fundraising goals with 100% guarantee that all money raised goes directly to our programs and kids, not salaries and administrative costs.
  • Full time staff support, cultural activities, Swahili lessons, and the opportunity to experience Tanzanian culture in a respectful and engaging manner.
  • Build relationships with amazing children and contribute to community development in a rural Tanzanian community.

Impact

The daycare center is a preschool for the children of families in need, allowing parents to start and maintain businesses to get their families on a more stable financial footing without sacrificing their children's care. This high quality preschool will also give many of these children a head start in their education that they otherwise could never have received. The daycare helps to maintain and care for children's mental, emotional, and physical health as well.

Laura

Great time at TST

I'm so glad that I decided to work with TST for one month! The children were so greatful and loved the new songs we learned together. All of them have the trait to make one smile and they are so inquisitive! Everything new is great! They are all so happy and it was the best feeling to see, how TST gives them the opportunity to live on the best way they can do!
I had a great time and I really miss it!

Maddie

Amazing month of volunteering

This summer I volunteered at TST with my friend. We experienced so many aspects of the charity, and were able to spend a lot of time with the kids. The children were all delightful, and I already miss seeing them everyday. We really felt like valued members of the team, and that everything we were doing was worth while. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my university holiday.
I couldn’t recommend it more highly

Sophia

Amazing experience working at TST - would recommend to anyone wanting to make a difference!

This summer I volunteered with TST for a month with my friend. Everyone at TST is so welcoming we were put straight at ease and fully immersed into everything the charity has to offer. The Happy Children's Village is full of laughter, joy and happiness and I will never forget all the amazing kids there.

It was such an amazing experience, and one that I will never forget. If you want to go volunteering, and go somewhere where you really will make a difference - choose TST!

Winrose

Glorious volunteering experience at TST Nkoaranga

Starting a day with melodious and wonderful voices of the children, smilefull faces of the mamas and all staff are the first things that pop into my mind when I remember my experience at TST. TST family is a loving, happy, caring and a great family to be a part of. It opened my eyes and my heart to reaching out and helping those in needs, showed me the importance of working as a team and the ripple effect of taking time out of our busy schedules to care for others.

Volunteers should get a sample itenary of different volunteering posts in a given period of time.
International Volunteers getting basic Swahili lessons no late than 3 days upon arrival at TST.
Clotilde

You will fall in love with these amazing kids and mamas!!

The day i arrived in Nkoaranga my grandad passed away. It was a very hard beginning for this kind of experience, that take you out of your comfort zone in every possible way, but this place it's just magic and those wordeful kids and people helped me so much to go on that i will be forever gratefull to them. The orphanage is a wordeful place to go volunteering, the kids will full your heart of pure love and joy, I promise!

Naomi

Wonderful Place to Volunteer!

I absolutely loved my time volunteering for The Small Things! The children are beautiful, happy, and loving, and the staff is fantastic! The town of Nkoaranga is sweet and everyone is very friendly too. I would definitely recommend this trip. Tanzania is amazing!

Jef

My time at Nkoaranga Orphanage

I think we all have personal reasons as to why why we embark on such journeys/adventures. For me it was about taking myself out of my comfort zone. And in the process i fell in love with a bunch of kids. I wouldn't say they were any difficulties as such, things can be a little frustrating but you learn a lot about your tolerance levels. The language barrier was an obvious one, but not insurmountable. One of my best experiences to date

Damien

Best experience EVER

Changed my life. Beautiful people, beautiful village, beautiful compound, beautiful staff, beautiful Childeren. Your view on your first world life will change when working here. The small things will force an amazing experience. I highly recommend this orphange to anyone.

Nil