• United States of America

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Apartment Hostel
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)
Travel Type
Budget Family Senior Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

$520 USD
IVHQ's program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, some meals and 24/7 in-country support.
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Meals Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jun 21, 2021
Aug 03, 2021

Trusted by 114,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in the USA and 50+ other destinations around the world. You can choose to volunteer in San Diego, Chicago, Philadelphia or New Orleans for periods ranging from 1 - 12 weeks on the following projects:

- Environmental Sustainability
- Youth Support
- Community Development
- Construction and Renovation

Your program fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, some meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a dormitory-style volunteer house with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so you're guaranteed to receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

Program Highlights

• IVHQ’s USA programs are available year-round, starting every Monday
  • Fully-hosted volunteer experience from only $520 for 1 week - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining a global network of 114,000+ volunteers backed by the world’s leading team of volunteer travel experts with an outstanding safety system and track record
  • Support impact-driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community
  • Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence

IVHQ Scholarships

You can get your hands on a range of different International Volunteer HQ sponsorships throughout the year, with the money you win going directly towards the cost of one of their two-week programs. You'll also get a flight voucher in the value of up to $1,000 from STA Travel and travel insurance to cover the duration of the program from World Nomads. Recent grants have included an “Alternative Break” scholarship, where Spring, Summer or Winter break programs were fully funded.

$1,000 - $2,000

Anna

New Orleans Volunteering IVHQ

Despite the heat, I had an amazing time volunteering in New Orleans. My accommodation was great, my schedule was perfect, and I felt very supported throughout my trip. The work was very gratifying and it felt great to give back to the community. Everyone I worked with was super super kind and gracious, and I really enjoyed getting to know all the other volunteers at my work site. The food is INCREDIBLE, so that was definitely a huge plus. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a meaningful and fun volunteering experience!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I picked a fig from a tree and ate it right there!
Hannah

IVHQ has opened me to many experiences I never thought I would get the chance to experience. When I planned my first trip to Africa, I was terrified, as I have never left my home country before. IVHQ helped me prepare and made me feel safe the entire time. Shortly after, I traveled to New Orleans with IVHQ. Of course, I plan on doing many more trips with IVHQ in the future. I am incredibly grateful for the chance to travel and help others through the IVHQ program. IVHQ is the most trusting and affordable way to travel. I plan to work, and travel with them for a very long time. Not only does IVHQ help you prepare as well as feel safe, they also supply you with everything you need on your trip. Food, housing, it’s all there. I am always happy with my accommodation and extremely excited to try the food provided in the IVHQ program. I would recommend IVHQ to anyone looking to volunteer, travel and simply experience life. I can’t wait to plan more IVHQ trips in the future and can’t thank IVHQ enough.

I would recommend to all travelers who travel with IVHQ, to bring a journal. The amazing moments I got to experience with IVHQ gave me so much hope and excitement. I wanted to write those moments down to capture each bit of the experience.
Read my full story
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Hannah! Thanks so much for your review! I'm so glad to see the experiences that IVHQ has opened for you and how much you have enjoyed your time on our programs. We really value the contribution you've made to date and the impact you'll continue to have on any future programs you choose. Thanks for being such a great volunteer! Jamie - IVHQ Program Manager.