Living and Learning International has been operating in Quito, Ecuador since 2008 but it's roots go back to 1999 when our founder first moved here from California. Because of our longstanding relationships in Ecuador we have been able to place hundreds of interns in dozens of internship sites across many industries. As a faith based program, interns will live in Christian community and participate in a weekly chapel meeting. Not only will you gain valuable work experience, but you will also engage with the challenges of a developing nation and learn to respond with an appropriate Christian Worldview.
Our program requires interns to abstain from alcohol. This requirement is not based on a moral stance for or against alcohol but is in place to show respect for the primarily Catholic culture and to create a environment that focuses on personal wellbeing & development.
- Christian Community: during your time in Quito you will be living with and around other Christians.
- Custom Placement: speak directly with our full time Ecuadorian internship coordinator about your field of study, interests, likes and dislikes.
- Large Network: with almost 20 years in Quito we have the network to place you where you'd like to go.
- Two Timeframes: over the summer there are two 6 week internship blocks. You can participate in either one OR both for a total of 12 weeks.
- Weekend Excursions: each weekend you'll be taken around the country of Ecuador to explore the dynamic people and landscapes of this South American gem.