Adventure and education collide during our three-month journey through the lush jungles, dizzying heights and breathtaking coasts of Costa Rica, Ecuador, the Galapagos and Peru.
ARCC’s nearly 20 year history of exploration and service in Latin America opens doors unimagined by the casual traveler. Tucked away in a remote mountain village in Costa Rica, we discover the simplicity of “pura vida” working alongside our generous hosts to improve the village’s infrastructure. Exploring the breathtaking biodiversity of the Galapagos Islands, we snorkel with prehistoric lava lizards and blue-footed boobies. Navigating Ecuador’s Amazon jungle by canoe, we explore the effects that petroleum drilling is having on the Amazon and its people. Treading in the footsteps of the Inca, we gain insight into an enduring culture as we explore the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru.
The abundance of life around us underscores the rich and unforgettable experiences of Gap Latin America.
- Delve into Latin American Culture and Language During a Homestay on Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast
- Witness the Breathtaking Biodiversity and Rich History of the Galapagos Islands
- Explore the Effects Gold Mining is having on the Amazon and Its People
- Walk in the Footsteps of the Incas and Explore the Ancient Ruins of Machu Picchu
- Help Protect Nesting Olive Ridley Sea Turtles Coming Ashore to Lay their Eggs