View Other Details
Adventure and education collide during our journey through the lush jungles, snow-capped peaks, and enchanting sites of Peru and Patagonia. Treading in the footsteps of the Inca, we gain insight into an ancient culture as we explore the famous ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru. Setting up camp in a remote community in the Sacred Valley of Peru, we get hands-on experience understanding the important role that llamas play in environmental conservation and sustainability in the region. Embarking on a rafting trip down the famed Futaleufu River, we experience some of Patagonia’s most exhilarating rapids. Settling into a homestay on a traditional estancia, we immerse ourselves in the Chilean gaucho way of life. Exploring the effects of climate change on the melting glaciers in Patagonia we understand the complex conservation issues facing Patagonia. Embarking on a five-day trek amidst the towering peaks and glacial lakes of the famous Torres del Paine National Park, we are awed by the beauty.
- Delve into South American Culture and Language During a Homestay
- Volunteer on the Grounds of Parque Patagonia, Chile’s Newest National Park
- Walk in the Footsteps of the Incas and Explore the Ancient Ruins of Machu Picchu
- Trek in the Shadows of the Towering Peaks and Glacier of Torres del Paine
- Raft the Exhilarating Turquoise Waters of the Futaleufu River in Patagonia