Adventure and education collide during our three-month journey through the lush jungles, dizzying heights and breathtaking coasts of Costa Rica, Ecuador and Peru.
ARCC’s nearly 20 year history of exploration and service in Latin America opens doors unimagined by the casual traveler. Tucked away in a remote mountain village in Costa Rica, we discover the simplicity of “pura vida” working alongside our generous hosts to improve the village’s infrastructure. Partnering with local biologists on Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast, we witness the impact of human populations on the natural world. Navigate Ecuador’s Amazon jungle by canoe and partner with an NGO to provide clean water to indigenous communities. Treading in the footsteps of the Inca, we gain insight into an enduring culture as we explore the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru.
The abundance of life around us underscores the rich and unforgettable experiences of Gap Latin America.
- Delve into Latin American Culture and Language During a Homestay on Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast
- Facilitate Nutrition Education to Communities During a Homestay on the Shores of Lake Titicaca
- Walk in the Footsteps of the Incas and Explore the Ancient Ruins of Machu Picchu
- Discover the True Meaning of “Pura Vida” Working and Living on a Rural Costa Rican Ranch
- Explore the Effects Gold Mining is having on the Amazon and Its People