International Internships in Toronto with The Intern Group

toronto internships
toronto internships

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in the commercial, economic and financial capital of Canada. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in Toronto will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one alumni career coaching session and many other great benefits. Our leading international internship programs have been featured in CNN, Time, Forbes and more.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Dan

A great career building and travel combination

My time in Toronto with TIG was truly awesome. They have a great staff network (Vanessa and Sabine) based in Toronto who always provided support as well as a heap of fun, always organising fresh new cultural activities. The housing is also in a great location, and gives you a chance to explore Toronto (highly recommend a Raptors game). I selected the program because I wanted to travel as well as build my career, and in this respect TIG, and Toronto did not disappoint. I got to travel to New York, Montreal, Banff and also Niagara Falls in addition to building my experience in the marketing communications field, gaining an awesome career mentor in the process. The rare opportunity to live in a new city and meet people around the world is truly epitomised in this program.

Franziska

Internship Toronto

I had an extraordinary time in Toronto with the other interns. The people there are very friendly and helpful. The housing was amazing and could not have asked to stay in better accommodation. I met a lot of new friends there and gained some amazing moments with those people. The coordinators in Toronto did such a great job in planing activities and spending there time with us which made this trip an outstanding experience.

The Interngroup placed me into a marketing work field which was a perfect fit for what I was looking for. I learned many countless skills while staying abroad. This is an opportunity of a lifetime and to get the confidence of working in a foreign environment will help me moving forward. I am so glad I was able to gain more knowledge in marketing and got an opportunity for working here full time after the internship.

Eryn

Couldn't have asked for more!

I interned for 8 weeks over the summer and it was the best experience I could have asked for! The company that I interned with were the perfect match for me and I really learned a lot and benefited from my internship. My experience coordinator, Vanessa, was amazing and so helpful. She organised events and outings for all of the interns every weekend and was available 24/7 to answer any questions or queries. She really made our group feel like a little family :) My favourite part of my Intern Group experience was forming great friendships with my fellow interns along the way. This experience has been so valuable and has helped me grow both personally and professionally. I couldn't recommend it enough!

Catrina

A Summer to Remember

My internship in Toronto has been one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had. Not only did it allow me to gain real world work experience but it gave me the opportunity to meet incredible people from all over the world and opened my eyes to many different cultures. I am so beyond happy that I decided to come to Toronto, and am extremely appreciative of all those apart of the Intern Group for making the process of an internship abroad so simple. I highly recommend that everyone take the opportunity to have an internship abroad through the Intern Group, because it truly has been a life changing experience that I will always be thankful for.

Cameron

Best Abroad Experience

Going abroad for a majority of the summer, I was honestly quite nervous going in. I didn’t know what to expect and was honestly just hoping for the best. When I got there the staff were so welcoming and supportive. I felt like I could always talk to someone if I needed to. The internship was great as well as it allowed me to advance myself within my field and I was able to work hands on with my boss and fellow coworkers. I loved being able to go out and do stufff with other members of the program. It made my experience so much more fun then me just doing it by myself. Overall I definitely rate this program very highly and recommend it to anyone.

Jaskiren Kaur

BEST SUMMER EVER!

This has been a once in a life time opportunity for me and i am so glad i chose the Toronto program to complete my internship in. Everyone at the intern group have been so amazing from the start to end of my internship. Miriam and Becca were so helpful when it came to choosing my internships and they helped me while i was applying for my Visa. My experience coordinator Vanessa was such an amazing person and i am so happy she was the coordinator because not only did she help me with with my time in Toronto, but she made it so fun with all the activities she had suggested us. Taking this on has made me become such a confident person now, i am able to talk about myself now to strangers and I feel that this experience will help me in the future when finding jobs.

n/a
Esther

Experience of a lifetime

When I first started my internship with The Intern Group, I would never have guessed it would change my life the way it did. Both professionally and personally. And I can honestly say, I would not have wanted it any other way.

My internship in Toronto has taught me so much about the art of entrepreneurship. I did my internship at a small co-working space that had diceded to close during my internship. It has shown me
that entrepreneurship is about ups and downs and that you have to go through the difficult parts to reach the top.

Apart from the professional experience, The Intern Group also played a huge role in my personal experience. I would not have been able to handle everything without the people from TIG.
From the moment I landed in Toronto, everybody from TIG has been absolutely amazing! The way they navigated me through my culture shock, helped me understand the cultural differences and most importantly, were there when I needed them. They always listened to all my struggles and helped me get over them.

Toronto it self is an amazing city where there is always something going on. From free music festivals to parades that take over the streets. There was never a dull moment while walking the streets or riding the subway of Toronto.

And last but certainly not least, I want to give a huge thank you and big should out to the best experience coordinator I could have asked for: Vanessa! She has been so much more than just an experience coordinator. She has been my rock, my sound board, my personal cheerleader but most of all a best friend. It is impossible not to fall in love with her when you first meet her.

Read my full story
Mirco

Amazing personal and professional experience! Unforgettable!

I have been part of the Toronto Program from 3 months (March to May 2018). I have been one of the first participants this specific program and I am happy to say that it has been an amazing experience!! And worth it!!
The internship: As I studied Business in my undergraduate program I picked Marketing; I have been interning as a Sales & Marketing Coordinator in a digital video agency; I have learnt a lot and I had so much fun!! Amazing, fun work environment and amazing team. Couldn't ask for more!
The accomodation: (Campus One) was insane: gym, restaurant,rooftop with Toronto skyline, big flat, brand new and clean. Super Central!
The city: Toronto is a cool city. Super young an dynamic. Perfect position to visit North America (1h from NY, 2 from Chicago ecc). Winter is the real cold, but spring and summer is beautiful.
Social activities/ training : Our experience coordinator, Vanessa, has been amazing since day 1. She has been a friend more than a coordinator. Each couple of days she updated us with new events in town, restaurants, things to do ecc. Every week she asked updates about the internship and she motivated to get the maximum from the experience. A cool activity she organized was a training session about the communication skills and how to manage interviews: super useful! Last but not least the agency provides a free coaching session which I found very useful and empowering! I am super happy that I have chosen this age

personally there's nothing I think has to be improved

Alumni Interviews

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...