ISA Internships in Santiago, Chile

With excellent public transportation, vibrant city life and mild weather, Santiago, is a great place to live and intern.

Internships in Santiago, Chile are managed on-site in conjunction with an ISA partner organization and participants in all career fields can intern in Santiago. However, there is a great demand for Engineering, Business and Marketing, Communications and Journalism, Environmental Studies, and Hospitality and Tourism interns.

While internships are available in English, interning in Santiago offers the opportunity to practice professional Spanish language skills as well as support development and research in both social and environmental causes.

• Receive personalized advising on career opportunities, resume and cover letter revision, interview coaching and receive academic credit.
  • Get matched with an international internship that suits your specific experiences, skills, and professional goals. Your internship placement will be confirmed BEFORE departure
  • Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation. Highlights include a tour of La Moneda and a visit to Santiago's highest point, Cerro Santa Lucia
  • Gain access to the Professional Development Toolbox, which includes resources to identify the skills and knowledge you have acquired through your international, academic, and personal experiences.

These are awesome questions, Kathryn! It might be easier to directly contact the program provider to ask all in one fell swoop by clicking here: https://studiesabroad.com/experience/contact-us

Katie

Internship in Chile with Globalinks

While abroad with Globalinks, I interned at a petroleum company. Not only did a learn about chemical engineering in the workplace, but I also had tons of fun vacationing and seeing Chile. I even went to see Brazil, but thats another story! The other interns and I would do things together, such as a weekend trip to the Atacama Desert or skiing for a day. We went to Patagonia for a week all together and it was a lot of fun!

I really enjoyed having Globalinks help me because I always knew I had support should something go wrong. Luckily nothing went wrong and my internship was great. I had great fun with my coworkers and we even had a big going-away party for me.

I would definitely go abroad with Globalinks again!

I honestly can't think of anything I would change. My internship program was new, only 5 students attended in Chile, but I actually liked having such a small program. We would plan trips together with whomever wanted to go! Following years will probably have more people!

About ISA Internships & Service-Learning

ISA Internships & Service-Learning provides participants unique experiential learning programs abroad. ISA Internships focuses on finding participants high-quality, customized professional work experiences in a wide variety of career fields. Through...