International Internships in Shanghai with The Intern Group (NEW PROGRAM)

International Internships in Shanghai with The Intern Group (NEW PROGRAM)

The Intern Group's Global Leadership Grants 2018
The Intern Group is pleased to announce that they are offering 4 Global Leadership Grants of up to $2,500 each to 4 outstanding students/recent graduates. The grants are for The Intern Group's programs in Dublin, Australia, Shanghai and Latin America for Summer/Fall 2018. The deadline is February 2nd, 2018.

Shanghai is the industrial and commercial capital of China. We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one the world's most dynamic cities. Professional experience in Shanghai will allow you to grow your network of international contacts and enhance your career prospects.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our international internship program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Current student or recent graduate? Take this chance to gain experience that will make your resume stand out. Not sure what you want to study yet? Take a gap year to test-drive your career. Professional in transition? Gain experience in your new field.

Asia » China » Shanghai
Cost Description:
- A professional internship placement
- Accommodation
- Airport pickup
- Metro card for the duration of your stay
- Pre-trip welcome package and welcome induction
- Professional development workshop and tools
- Visa assistance
- 24/7 support from our full-time local team
- A full calendar of social and cultural events including:
- A day trip to Zhujiajiao. Enjoy a full day in the ‘Venice of China’, Zhujiajiao, with a history of almost 2000 years.
- An acrobatic show. A wonderful show of a traditional Kungfu performance and Beijing opera act.
- A dinner at Oriental Pearl Tower. Enjoy the dazzling selection of foods in the revolving restaurant with the most spectacular view of The Bund at night. Visit the interesting exhibition of old Shanghai in The Municipal History Museum inside the tower.
- An interactive cooking class. Experience genuine Chinese culture through its food. Start by going to a local fresh market and then learn basic Chinese cooking skills by making your own traditional food such as dumplings.

J
Shanghai

Great Program

Before applying for this internship in Shanghai I had some doubt, but they quickly cleared out once I started my internship. Even though there were some communications and management issues between my company and the TIG staff at the beginning, they were quickly resolved. This internship helped me grow as an individual both at the professional and personal level. Also, I would like to give a special thanks to Tommy, the event and communication coordinator. He helped me resolve any issues and was available during any time of the day. Great guy with a great personality.

Roberto
Italy

My great experience in Shanghai

A friend brought this opportunity to my attention . Now that it's ended I can only say thanks to that friend and suggest this experience myself. It was great! The accommodation was comfortable, clean and convenient. The internship gave me the experience and the responsibilities I was looking for. Shanghai is a very fast-paced city, you will never get bored there! It offers outstanding chances to build an initial professional network. The people I met there were incredible and I'm sure I will keep in touch with them. Finally, what really differentiated this program from the others was Tommy. He was a friend first, and a great program coordinator I could always count on. To conclude, the Intern Group Shanghai is something everyone should try!

I would have liked to be more engaged in the selection process for my internship

Joseph
London
University of Edinburgh

6-week Internship with TIG in Shanghai

I really enjoyed my time in Shanghai. It is an exciting, dynamic city, with so much to do - you will never find yourself bored! The placement helped to accelerate my professional development, and I felt valued within my company. The accommodation was excellent; the apartments organized by TIG were in an ideal location, and the flats themselves were really spacious. The level of support in-country was superb - Tommy, the coordinator in Shanghai, will promptly help you with any issues your might have during your program, and was always ready to provide good recommendations/guidance. Shanghai itself takes a moment or two to get used to, but it's a lot of fun once you do. Socially it's great, with a load of restaurants, bars and nightclubs. It also has a very well-developed public transportation system; I found the metro particularly efficient/affordable, and it's well air-conditioned which is important as Shanghai is very hot during the summer months! I also always felt safe while I was in Shanghai so don't worry on that front. Overall, would certainly recommend the Intern Group program there!

The level of support before my program began could have been better. I received mixed messages regarding the best way to apply for my visa, and TIG was eventually unable to obtain an invitation letter from my original placement company so I was forced to switch to a new company at the last minute. This created extra stress in obtaining the visa.

Alexandra
San Francisco
Manhattan College

Great Experience

Since I wanted to do something fun, but also would help me grow as an individual, I had no doubt that I wanted to do an internship abroad. I looked at many different programs similar to the Intern Group and ultimately chose this one because this was the only program I found that allowed me to go as a 17 year old. It was probably the best decision of my life this far - I was matched with an amazing fashion related internship, the housing was very comfortable and convenient, and there was always support whenever I needed it during my time in Shanghai. Definitely an experience worth considering!

Kenan
Georgia Institute of Technology

Great Opportunity!

I was so grateful to have done my first internship in China. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is seriously considering working abroad long-term. My program coordinator was incredible and honestly made the experience so much more enjoyable. I also really enjoyed the included events, such as the trip to Suzhou and the Chinese cooking class. Overall, I had a great experience and I definitely plan on coming back to China!

For a new program, things ran relatively smoothly. The only changes I might suggest would be better communication before the program starts (more help with the visa application process, a better breakdown of projected costs of living upfront, more accurate descriptions of internship positions, etc).

Jaanvi
Shanghai
University of Missouri- Kansas City

TIG Shanghai Internship

TIG gave me the opportunity of a 4-week internship in Shanghai. This internship was a great learning expereience. During my internship in Shanghai, I was able to effectively take part in various events because of my director, Tommy. He is one of the most pleasent people I have met. That being said, he encouraged me to take part in events and socialize and have a great time. Overall, I had a great time working and living in Shanghai because of Tommy's obliging personality.

Siobhan
London, UK
New York University

8 Week Internship Summer 2017

I lived in Shanghai for 8 weeks this summer interning at a fintech research and consultancy firm. I would say that it was probably one of the best experiences I have had, and would highly recommend to anyone looking to not only work, but also make new friends and experience new culture in Shanghai (as well as party hard). You can literally do anything in Shanghai and it has the best clubs and bars, and it helps that a lot of things were so cheap (particularly food). Tommy was our program coordinator and he is literally the best. His communication was great and he always told you what was going on in Shanghai, where all the good deals were, where to go out. He organized so many things that I didn't have a chance to get bored. You could reach him literally 24/7. He's also hilarious and so fun to go out with. I'll never forget this experience in Shanghai!!

Martin
Scotland
Glasgow Caledonian University

Great insight into Chinese working and social culture

The process of arriving to and staying in Shanghai was handled professionally and smoothly to the extent that I never had any issues over this last month. As a point I would recommend this experience to friends as I feel it is a genuine benefit to future aspirations through networking and actively involving myself in a different work place culture. Furthermore, the social experiences with people that I would never otherwise have met strengthens communication and social skills.

would be great if i could have a list of companies to choose from at the placement process

Benjamin
Shanghai China
California State University

Fantastic

From the moment I applied until the time I got here, communication was great and stayed consistent. Whenever I had questions Tommy was there to help and answer. Even if I needed him to talk to someone on the phone he would do that for me. Everything is very well organized and everyone is great to hang out with and we all get along perfectly. I honestly think if I had any other intern director besides Tommy my experience wouldn’t have been the same. He has really made this whole experience more than I could ever ask for. Not only is he my director but I think of him as a close friend and will forever stay in contact. Walking away with the knowledge and experience that I know I can take into my future endeavors and career. Studio White Group is a sensational business to work at with great and very intelligent management and a great staff around the office. Great roommates! Great area to live in. Around the popular areas and restaurants. Easy to get to and from work. Metro close by. The food is fantastic. I like traveling to different areas and experiencing new flavors. The food is one of the parts that really make living in China a great experience. I was never afraid to do anything with people or by myself. Going out at night was fun, meeting the locals and even foreigners were great, and living the Chinese life is a memory I will keep forever.

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel their career development forward. The Intern Group