Law Career Programs + Internship in Prague

Luther internship group photo
Luther internship group photo
Various team-building activities are organised
Various team-building activities are organised

Our Law Summer Programs are intensive 7-weeks-long programs offering 3 weeks of intensive career-focused courses, followed by 4 weeks of internship in top-tier international companies and law firms in Europe. Our programs are suitable for all university students and recent graduates wanting to broaden their horizons and gain real work experience in their field, they are designed to complement your academic knowledge by providing you with the know-how and experience that you cannot get at university but are necessary for professional success. The Law Programs run in 2 cohorts so you can choose the one that suits you better.
The Business Global Law Career Summer Program (15.6.2020 - 31.7.2020) is meant for future legal professionals who strive to understand more specialized areas of law such as energy law, capital markets or franchising.
The New Technology Law program (6.7.2020 - 21.8.2020) combines practical legal business skills and topics related to new technologies.

• Join a welcome gala evening and have the opportunity to meet inspiring people, such as lawyers, corporate managers, and founders.
  • Acquire knowledge not from teachers, but from real-life leaders who will share with you their secrets of becoming a successful professional during 3 weeks of intensive lectures.
  • Gain even more experience during a 4 to 5-week internship in one of several international ECCEDU partner firms located in various European cities.
  • Visit Kutná Hora, Český Krumlov, or even Vienna and Berlin throughout the lecture period; have fun playing escape games and laser games or go sightseeing in Prague.
  • Receive an ECCEDU certificate during an informal awarding ceremony at the end of the program, as well as a letter of recommendation or certificate from your host company.

We’ve updated our refund & cancelation policy to allow for flexible booking due to COVID-19

We´ve been observing current situation carefully. Our programs are far away, so there is no need to cancel them. If the situation doesn´t look good by the end of May, we might reconsider. At this point, our strategy is to support students and their visa applications and refund them if they won´t be allowed to travel. If you have any questions or concerns, please know that we are here for you. Your safety is the most important for us.

Jian

Unforgettable experience in Eccedu

Prague is a wonderful city for study and hang out. Walking through the forest of spectacular historical buildings and then, you will encounter a glorious time in the Charlie’s University.
Lecturers are all top men and women in their fields. It was really good to hear them telling their own stories and taught us some useful knowledge. Eccedu indeed offered us great opportunities to touch those great people.
The internship is a great chance for you to explore another city in Europe, along with meeting some great people.
Prague, Krumlov, Vienna, Budapest, Ljubljana, Munich. Those memories will always stay in my mind.

Just hope to have more time in this program. The summer was really too short to have enough lessons and experience the whole internship.
If there are some long term programs, i will attend them.
Europe is a place needs many time to enjoy and explore.
Bill

Memories of internship life

The internship life is tense and busy, but it is full and rewarding. First of all, the professional knowledge has been expanded and deepened. The basic legal systems of EU and Czech Republic have been constantly impressed in the process of internship. At the same time, the specific legal knowledge, such as cross-border asset merger and acquisition, primary syndicated loan and so on, have also been preliminarily recognized under the leadership of colleagues. Secondly, through the understanding of the lawyer industry, I have a deeper understanding of my future life planning and career, and I firmly believe that learning is applied. Finally, the internship experience is also valuable experience and wealth in life. The beautiful Prague left me too many beautiful memories. Sometimes it may feel dark in Prague, but that's to wait for people to go home to enjoy the sunset along the way. That's to wait for the golden top of the church beside the old city square and the gilded gold of the astronomical clock to shine with each other. When the red Prague is all gilded with gold, our time, the girl's smile, the singing sound from the castle in the distance and the gold in people's hands Beer has been fixed, just waiting for the stray pigeons to return to their nests, waiting for the neon to decorate the night, waiting for the goddess of Rudolph concert hall to gaze affectionately at the Voltaire river. Life is like a metronome on the opposite side of law school. Every rhythm can't be scattered. Every drum point is a melody full of enthusiasm. And fate is the balloon that always floats on the castle spire. It takes a hundred times of hard work to find the ideal destination in the uncertain doubts.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Take photos with every friend, shaking hands and smiling.
Zhen

Wonderful experience (愉快的经历)

The teachers are friendly, the students are easy to get along with, can learn a lot of knowledge, make a lot of new friends, very happy . In the first half of the project, I mainly attended classes to learn a lot of new legal knowledge. In the second half, I mainly practiced, during which I could feel the working environment in other countries. Weekend and evening trips with friends to Vienna, dresden, Rome, in short, a great experience!

老师们都很友善,同学们也很好相处,可以学到很多知识,结交很多新朋友,很开心。项目前半段时间,主要是上课,可以学到很多新的法律知识,后半段时间主要是实习,在学习的同时可以感受其他国家的工作环境。周末和晚上可以和朋友们一起旅行,期间去了维也纳、德累斯顿、罗马,简而言之是一次很棒的经历!

Jing

Really worth attending

You will have 7 weeks staying abroad, 3 weeks for study and the remaining for internships. You will choose your internship based on your test, composed of English skills and acadamic knowledge. The accommodation is nice and the transportation is convenient. Also you can travel during the weekends. In spare time, ECCEDU may organize some events as well, you can know new friends attending. People here are really nice as well as the staff and the colleges and the views are excellent. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Foreign culture cuz it’s my first time staying abroad for that long time.
Songlin

Wonderful experience to study in Prague

I heard about this program from the coach of our VIS moot team and thanks to him, I met so many friends from the top university in China and Europe. Many top tier lawyers worked in Allens & Overy, DLA Piper was invited to deliver a lecture about EU law, Competition law, etc. Besides learning, the internship at DLA Piper was a perfect experience for me. It's my pleasure to cooperate with Junior to do legal research including GDPR、CISG、Model law and discuss the solving method for big cases. Every work I did was suggested improvement by the Junior. What's more, during the weekend, travel to VIenna、Italy or Germany was the best choice and we explored many unknown pleasures. It was a really good time for me to practice law in Prague and hope Tomas can cooperate with more top tier companies and provide more excellent internships for students. Keep on fighting!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
On a bus trip to Berlin, we came across the rainbow parade and we all joined in waving the rainbow flag until we reached the Brandenburg gate. So fascinating!