Internships in Ecuador - Adelante Abroad

You requested it and we have built it! Our most economical program so far: Intern in Quito with Adelante. (Ambato, Ecuador, too, for our Medical candidates) To launch, we have internships in these hand-selected fields: law, marketing, healthcare/medical, psychology, social work, teaching, veterinary, equine veterinary internships and working with children. We will be adding more.

Have you read about Quito lately? It is up and coming, safe and crazy easy on your wallet. The people are hardworking, straightforward and actually really nice.

We pick you up at the airport upon arrival, take you to your own room in a locals home, do an extensive orientation and then you start Private one-on-one Spanish classes + activities for two weeks. On the third Monday, you begin your contracted internship placement. Your local family will cook meals. Our Director will help you learn the amazing public transportation system.

What on earth are you waiting for?

• Flexibility: Our programs start the 1st Monday of every month with year round start dates. Choose to intern anywhere from 1-6 months.
  • Centralized Housing: You'll have your own private room in a home stay close to shopping, public transportation, and nightlife. MEALS INCLUDED!
  • Tailored Internship: Contracted, customized internship abroad within your sector using only screened companies.
  • Local Staff: Our local Program Director is available 24/7 for emergency support.
  • Economical Pricing: We are budget friendly! With some research you will find that our prices can't be beat!

Claire

2 Month Ecuador Internship

My 2 months in Ecuador was an incredible experience! I lived in Quito with an Ecuadorian family and completed 2 weeks of Spanish Language classes before beginning a 6 week placement at a veterinary clinic. Not only did I gain incredible skills and knowledge from my work placement that I can apply towards veterinary school in Canada, I was also able to travel around Ecuador and get to know its culture and people. My main goal out of this experience was to learn to speak another language. I came to Ecuador with some basic Spanish, but being immersed in it every day ,both at home with my host family and at work, allowed me to accomplish this goal. I met so many amazing people during my time in Ecuador and I am so thankful for this amazing experience!

Megan

Adelante Abroad: Ecuador

I chose this program due to its affordability and because I only had to be at an intermediate level of Spanish before starting my internship. I got so much more out of this program than I expected! The first two weeks, I took Spanish lessons in Quito, the capital of Ecuador. My teachers were friendly and inviting, and my host was always eager to show me around the city and provide me with recommendations for things to do. As a vegetarian, I was extremely happy with how accommodating my hosts and program directors were. I made two new friends one week into the program, and we had a wonderful time exploring the city. Our teachers took us on excursions once a week to see more of Quito and to practice our Spanish. My internship focus (medicine) took me to Ambato during the third week of the program. Working and living with people who speak Spanish and are eager to help their volunteers learn added exponentially to my ability to speak the language. The people who live here are extremely friendly. My work assignment was very flexible, and allowed me to travel on the weekends and take the occasional day off to extend my weekend excursions. I would highly recommend this program to others. For my first time traveling to another continent, I was very comfortable here. The staff of Adelante Abroad was always there to support me and answer my questions.

Keesha

Quito, Ecuador

I signed up for the trip after researching a variety of different programs. I found that Adelante Abroad was the most financially economical and offered the volunteer opportunity I was most interested. I arrived in Ecuador knowing no one else on the trip, and pretty unfamiliar with the country. On Day 1 I quickly felt the support of the Program director based in Quito, met other interns and quickly became acclimated. We developed a cohort of interns, friends and support systems. Quito is full of volunteers and interns from all over the world that I was able to meet, become acquainted with, and share stories. The internship itself was an amazing eye opening experience. In combination with living with a host family, I felt the full immersion of Ecuadorian culture. I became more proficient in Spanish, which is beneficial to my career path. My internship was an excellent resume enhancement and became a great talking point for interviews. I gained a sense of independence and knowledge I could not have gained otherwise. I fell inu love with the beauty and simplicity in traveling and I cannot wait to return to visit.

Response from Adelante Abroad

Thank you for the review, Keesha! We loved having you as a candidate and we're glad you had a positive experience!

Nadja

Go to Quito!

Spending part of my summer in Quito was an amazing opportunity. While there were rough moments/challenges, I gained so much. I knew minimal Spanish when I arrived, and was able to learn the language very quickly with my classes. I also gained a huge amount of academic/professional experience. If you're looking to travel, gain a lot of hands on career practice, and overall life experience, this is a great program.

As the Quito base continues to grow, and they have more experience, they will have a chance to fix plenty of the problems. Just takes time.
Angelica

2-month internship in Quito

This program was a great experience for me. I enjoyed the independence that was allotted to me, while I also felt that I had all the resources I needed to be comfortable and safe. Ecuador is a great place to meet many people from all over the world and travel on a budget. I lived with a warm and welcoming family that took great care of me. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is looking to have real work experience abroad, with the comforts and resources of a traditional study abroad program.

Keesha

Adelante Abroad- Ecuador

The program staff was extremely supportive and involved prior to departure and throughout the duration of the program. My host family was amazing, and my internship could not have been better. The one-on-one Spanish courses for two weeks prior to beginning my internship were extremely helpful as well. The program director/contact in Ecuador works with other organizations all over the world, so I was able to meet volunteers from this program as well as many others.

About Adelante Abroad

Internship, Volunteer, Semester & Summer Study Abroad Programs define Adelante Abroad's menu of offerings and expertise. Choose to intern overseas in Spain, Ecuador, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico, or Scotland. With year round start dates, Adelante is sure...