Global Virtual Internships

Through the Global Virtual Internship by Living and Learning International (L&LI) students will earn 3 college credits. Programs are offered during the summer in a 6-week format. Over the fall or spring semester, internships last 12 weeks and are designed to be completed while enrolled as a part-time or full-time student at their college or university. With a flexible format and hands-on, project-based work, students will be able to complete an international internship from anywhere.

Internships will have a strong emphasis on completing a single, deliverable project. A dedicated mentor will facilitate the experience and serve as a bridge between the student and the international organization. The Community Development course will provide an evidence-based framework for approaching a cross-cultural workplace.

• Professional Development Video Series
  • Personalized Internship Mentor
  • Orientation and Debrief

Marissa

Global Virtual Internship

I had the opportunity to complete this internship online and I had a great experience. Even though I was not able to be at the location physically, my mentor and supervisor still made me feel included and welcomed. I felt like I was apart of the community even though I am thousands of miles away. I had a busy schedule but my supervisor and mentor where both understanding and patient with me through the transitions. They were extremely helpful and encouraging. I would recommend going through this program.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I did this all over again, the one thing I would change is actually going down to the location site. I did this program online and it was a great experience, but if I could do it again I would take the time to travel to Ecuador.