Employers today value work experience very much that a straight A school report is no longer the trump card. A gap year placement is necessary to add highlights in your CV and thus allows you to stand in advantage. By working in the field before entering the real game, not only can you determine if that is the dream job earlier, you will also be equipped with relevant skills that help you develop your career smoother later on.
City Travel Review organizes gap projects which integrate work, study and travel. We aim to provide opportunities for young people to gain work experience, learn a foreign language and explore a new culture in one of our destinations in Europe, including Berlin, Edinburgh, Barcelona, Madrid and Lyon. With the help of journalism workshops and meetings, project members are expected to do extensive research on the city and create a unique and publishable guide for young travelers.
- You will develop solid hands-on experience working as travel researchers and journalists. This project is a perfect testing ground for potential travel researchers and review journalists.
- You are entitled to travel around and get to know the city in and out. By the end of your stay, you can tell the best sites, cafes and restaurants in town like a local.
- Intensive language classes are integrated, so you will pick up a new language from scratch or polish a language that you already knew.
- Workshops are conducted by experienced journalists and professionals that you can pick up relevant skills quickly.
- Working with a bunch of young people from different backgrounds guarantees your trip is always exciting and fun!