Merida, a city of nearly a million people, is a city of both new and old. The modern urban areas in the north part of the city stand in contrast to the historic downtown and bustling markets where you can hear the call of the elote (corn on the cob) lady and the clack of horse-drawn carts.
In Merida, Central College Abroad offers two programs – Language and Culture and Studies in Global Health. The heart of the Language and Culture program is the immersive experience in the classroom and the community that will dramatically improve your Spanish, even if it’s not your specialty. The Studies in Global Health program exposes students to a health care system different than their own and provides Spanish language preparation for a future career in health care.
- Experience! Central College Abroad places students in internships every semester and summer. Further, Central College Abroad has gained a well-established reputation with local Mexican organizations. You can ensure you are in good hands as we find you an
- Variety! We have internships in varying sectors available, from business administration to health care and law; you are bound to find the internship of your choice!
- Options! If you prefer to take part in a service learning option [instead], we have dozens of volunteer opportunities available!
- Culture! Enjoy great food, learn a new dance, and watch a local flick at a cinema in Merida.
- Excursions! There is so much to explore in Mexico. While Central College Abroad students take courses and intern, they still have plenty of time to explore Mexico, plan trips, and mini-excursions!