- Citizenship in the United States, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, or South Africa
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Native-level English speaker
- 59 or younger
- Guaranteed placement as Language and Culture Assistant in Madrid
- 1,000 Euros Monthly Stipend
- Spanish national holidays, including extended breaks during Christmas and Easter holidays
- 24/7 Support from CIEE staff in Spain
- Airport pickup and orientation upon arrival in Madrid
- 4 nights of accommodation at orientation hotel in Madrid
Before departure, CIEE will provide you with expert visa guidance, and an online pre-departure course. After arrival, CIEE provides airport pick-up, a comprehensive orientation, 4 nights of accommodation at orientation hotel, cultural activities, and 24/7 support from CIEE staff in Madrid so you'll be set up for success!
As a language assistant in Madrid, you'll spend 16 hours each week supporting local teachers and helping students practice conversational English. With three-day weekends you'll have plenty of free time to travel or study Spanish.
Teach 16 hours per week
4 day work week with three day weekends!
€1000 monthly stipend depending on location
24/7 support from CIEE staff in Spain
No experience necessary!
Become a Language and Culture Assistant and help Spanish public-school students improve their English with fun and engaging activities! CIEE partners with the regional government of Madrid to help them recruit assistants for their schools. You’ll get a generous stipend for an enjoyable, part-time position and serve as a language and cultural ambassador.