- Passion for teaching children
- 120-hour TEFL certificate (we can help) or two years teaching experience
- Clear criminal background check
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor's Degree
- Salary of up to 30,000 RMB - See below
Flying English School is a boutique English language school for young children in downtown Shanghai. The school was founded in early 2015 by two mothers, a former chemical engineer/entrepreneur and a young business consultant, who were both unhappy with the quality of after-school education in Shanghai. They teamed up with an education consultant and decided to improve the way students were taught.
In addition to English (ESL & Language Arts) classes, we also offer STEM classes and arts and crafts. We are currently looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people for our English language centers in Shanghai. The successful candidate will have a passion to see children (ages 4-12) learn in a fun and friendly environment. Beginners and experienced teachers may apply!
A couple things that set us apart:
- Small class sizes of 4-6 students to ensure quality English education.
- Continued professional and personal development.
- Giving back to the community - We run a volunteering program where some of our teachers teach free English classes at low-income schools in Shanghai (optional)
- Close-knit team of teachers and plenty of team-building events plus trips!
- Free Chinese language classes
- One school in Huangpu district (Lu Ban Lu鲁班路 - downtown Shanghai)
• Schedule: Evenings and weekends (two weekdays off)
• 18-25 teaching hours a week
• Location: Shanghai, Huangpu district (downtown)
• Age of students: 3-12 years old
• Small class sizes of 4-6 students
• Curriculum that includes Tot Talk, Welcome to English, Side by Side, Journeys & National Geographic Reading Explorer.
• We also offer reading & writing classes (Journeys), arts and crafts, science and drama classes.