Flying English School is a boutique English language school for young children in downtown Shanghai. The school was founded in early 2015 by two mothers, a former chemical engineer/entrepreneur and a young business consultant, who were both unhappy with the quality of after-school education in Shanghai. They teamed up with an education consultant and decided to improve the way students were taught.
In addition to English (ESL & Language Arts) classes, we also offer STEM classes and arts and crafts. We are currently looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people for our English language centers in Shanghai. The successful candidate will have a passion to see children (ages 4-12) learn in a fun and friendly environment. Beginners and experienced teachers may apply!
A couple things that set us apart:
- Small class sizes of 4-6 students to ensure quality English education.
- Continued professional and personal development.
- Giving back to the community - We run a volunteering program where some of our teachers teach free English classes at low-income schools in Shanghai (optional)
- Close-knit team of teachers and plenty of team-building events plus trips!
- Free Chinese language classes
- Two locations, one in Huangpu (Lu Ban Lu鲁班路) & one in Hong Kou district (Da Bai Shu大柏树)
• Schedule: Evenings and weekends (two weekdays off)
• 18-25 teaching hours a week
• Location: Shanghai, Huangpu district (downtown)
• Age of students: 3-12 years old
• Small class sizes of 4-6 students
• Longman Pearson Curriculum that includes Tot Talk, Welcome to English and Side by Side.
• We also offer reading & writing classes (Journeys), arts and crafts, science and drama classes.
- We're currently only considering applicants already in China as borders remain closed because of COVID-19
- 120-hour TEFL certificate (we can help) or two years teaching experience
- Clear criminal background check
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor's Degree
Pay & Benefits
• 3 Months paid probation
• After-tax salary of 17,000 - 22,000 RMB per month (2,500 - 3,500 USD) DOE.
• Higher pay during the summer and winter and plenty of opportunity to work overtime.
• Overtime pay
• Paid Holidays: All Chinese holidays plus an additional week of for Chinese New Year and two weeks in the summer.
• Contract-end Bonus of 5,000 - 10,000 RMB (the bonus increases by 50% each year)
• Paid company trip every year.
• Health Insurance provided.
• Ongoing professional development and teacher training.
• Full arrival support and on-boarding - Housing, bank, sim card, etc.