IES Abroad Sydney Direct Enrollment

IES Abroad Sydney Direct Enrollment

Our study abroad program in Sydney offers you the opportunity to directly enroll in the prestigious Macquarie University, University of New South Wales, or University of Sydney with access to a vast array of course offerings across hundreds of disciplines.

Sydney will also be your classroom. Enjoy the city’s robust music scene with a performance at the world-renowned Sydney Opera House. Visit one of the many museums, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art or the Art Gallery of New South Wales to see some of the country’s great works of art. Soak in the beauty of Sydney’s landscape by walking the path from Coogee to Bondi Beach—or better yet, climb to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Welcome to study abroad!

Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Sydney

Josh
Boston

Sydney Semester

Studying abroad in Sydney, Australia was undoubtedly the greatest 5 months of my life. I went to Sydney without knowing a single person in all of Australia and left with countless lifelong friends. The IES Abroad Program played a key role in my unreal experience in Australia. From the moment I arrived in Sydney, the IES staff were there for me for whatever I needed. Not only did they offer great advice on activities to do in and around the city and organize group trips to fun places, but they also went out of their way to make me feel happy and comfortable. It was obvious that they cared deeply about the students in the program and that was probably the reason that so many of us became very close to the staff. IES Abroad made the transition to school in a foreign country so easy that it immediately felt like home. I think about my experience in Sydney everyday and highly recommend it to anybody even slightly interested.

It was near perfect

Ireana
Canton

The Best Decision

For the longest time, I knew I wanted to study abroad, but I never thought I would find myself halfway across the world in Australia! Choosing to study and live in Sydney was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It was an even better decision to travel with IES Abroad. The directors Matt and Michelle are some of the nicest, down to earth, friendly people and they make you feel right at home. The trips that were planned through the program allowed me to meet other American students that were going through the same initial excitement and concern that arises when living in a new place. I was able to experience things I wouldn't have been able to if I traveled alone and have a great time connecting. I studied at Macquarie University and it was one of the most diverse campuses I have ever been on with some of the coolest and chillest professors ever. There was always something to do on campus or in the city and I never got tired of spending an afternoon swimming and chilling on the beach. I highly recommend IES Abroad for those interested in studying in Sydney!

Michael
Buffalo
University of Rochester

A New Beginning

Studying Abroad was not the easiest decision I've ever made, but by far it has been the best. During my experience I had an amazing time traveling throughout Australia and learning about the culture. While traveling I gained a greater appreciation for nature, the Australian culture and the culture of the Indigenous people of Australia. I lived in residential dorm where I lived very close to many local Australians who helped me experience the country very well. From going to house races, to watching and playing in rugby games to surfing on the beach, I was able to fully immerse myself in the Australian culture and enjoy my time. I recommend anyone who has any slight interest to study abroad to just apply and go for it. This experience will change the way you view studying at University and will give you the chance one more time to be a freshman really live at University like you never had.

One way the program could be improved would to have more Universities involved.

Steph
CA
Tufts University

A Wonderful Semester

Spending my spring semester at University of Sydney with IES was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Going through IES provided me with amazing housing, support, trips, and much more that I wouldn’t have had without IES (my friends from other programs were so jealous of what we had!). Our program directors were extremely kind, welcoming, and helpful with everything from getting comfortable in Sydney to planning trips to medical help. With the program we got to snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef, explore the rainforest, hike, eat amazing food, learn to surf, and so much more. Having the support and comfort of IES made the transition to Sydney so easy, and I really felt at home. The classes I took at Uni were some of my favorite classes I’ve ever taken, and I had so much fun. I feel so lucky to have experienced all that I did, and I’ll always look back fondly at my adventures abroad with IES.

Courtney Regan
Courtney

Aussie Bound

When I look back at my experience abroad, it seems almost like a dream. Thanks to the IES Abroad it really was a dream that came through. Never would I ever have thought that I would be able to study at a huge internationally known university, meet so many amazingly diverse people, or even get to see someone the greatest world wonders. This was by far the greatest program to experience this through. From the moment that I confirmed that I wanted to participate in the program to when I arrived at the airport to staying connected once arrived to even now after the fact, the IES family has helped me along the way. All of my questions were always answered. The trips that they had planned for us, from the Great Barrier Reef to canoeing and hiking, were better then I thought they were going to be. Sydney is a beautiful, thriving and welcoming city, but with IES I was able to go beyond that to see the country and experience Australian culture. Plus, I have friends from all over the world thanks to the Sydney Studying Abroad Program and IES. I can't wait to go back for more and I hope you get the opportunity to go through what I went through as well!

I think everything was spectacular!

Stephanie
Illinois
University of Michigan

Life Down Under

Spring 2016 I was able to study in Sydney Australia and it was the best experience I've had. Going through IES made it easy because they provided us with housing and trips throughout the semester. Housing was great because it was in the village of the University. I was able to meet many Australians through this housing placement as well as other Americans. The trips they took us one were amazing. We were able to go hike in the blue mountains, Cairns to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef, have a cultural experience with the Aboriginal people, and many more. The location of Sydney was amazing because we were right in the city and very close to night life as well as the different markets and the Harbours. Traveling around Australia was very easy as well. I think that choosing Sydney Australia was a great choice and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to study abroad. You will be able to see so many amazing views, meet the kindest people and eat the best food!!

Grace
Ithaca, New York

The Most Amazing Four Months

This experience was hands-down incredible. Looking back on my time in Australia, it feels as if I was living in a fairy tale world. From snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, to zip lining in the rain forest and sleeping amongst some of Australia's wildest animals, it was an experience that will never be forgotten. IES was such a great help and held very awesome and fun programs. Being so far from home, IES made me feel so accommodated and allowed me to adjust so much easier!

If I had to change one thing, I would put all abroad students in apartments, rather than some in singles. I would also mix living arrangements with abroad students and Australian students.

Connor
Ithaca, New York

Sydney, Australia: The Best Semester of My Life

My semester in Sydney was far better than I could have ever imagined it would be. From the moment I got through customs in Australia the IES leaders were always there to provide a helping hand when needed. IES also organized numerous free lunches, a once in a lifetime trip to Cairns over mid semester break, and a surfing lesson which were all incredible experiences. The program directors were all very personable and kind which made the journey through my semester abroad even more amazing. The city is always busy with awesome events and concerts, the beaches are gorgeous, the people are friendly, and the education at University of Sydney was spectacular. Overall my semester in Sydney was by far the best four and a half months of my life and IES made it possible in an easy and affordable manner. If you're looking to study abroad, I would HIGHLY recommend going to Sydney through IES Abroad!

Jen
Ithaca new york

Amazing experience!

Studying abroad through IES at the University of Sydney was an incredible experience. From the moment I stepped off the plane I was in love with Australia. Switching up the environment in which you live and learn completely changes your worldview and provides you with opportunities that you never knew were out there. In addition, the relationships you create become strong enough to last a lifetime. I truly appreciate all the programs and events that IES planned/took us to because it was during these experiences that I was given the opportunity to explore the country in more depth and detail, while getting to know my peers in the program. IES makes it easy to adjust to a different culture, and is a useful resource when it comes to any questions you may have while away from home. I would recommend studying through IES to any prospective student!

I would make the program longer

Morgan
Warrenton, Virginia
Pennsylvania State University

Sydney Abroad

The city of Sydney stole my heart the moment I stepped off the plane. I was blessed to be able to make so many life long friends from traveling with this program. I can't imagine not knowing these wonderful and diverse people before. The experiences that I have been able to take part in have been remarkable as well. My new found friends and I were able to road trip up the east coast of Australia from Brisbane to Cairns with multiple adventures on the way. We were also able to leave Australia to venture all the way to New Zealand. These past four months have been the most exciting and challenging yet most rewarding months of my life.

My favourite part of Sydney however has to be how you can explore for countless hours. I am very much the type of person who enjoys wandering around and exploring a new place until I know it like the back of my hand, but after four months here I am still discovering new restaurants and things to do. There are endless opportunities for anyone who chooses to call Sydney home for their program and I hope that if the opportunity presents itself for someone to travel here they take it in a heartbeat.

I would have liked to take one trip with my program after we were all done with class rather than a lot of them at the beginning.

Steven
State College, Pennsylvania

A second home

I titled this a second home for a reason. Not only have I been missing Sydney since being home but I am physically home sick for it. Leaving to go abroad, I had the highest of high expectations and this trip still exceeded them. I never expected to be part of such an amazing opportunity in my life.

The Friends I made:
I didn't know anyone when I left for this trip but that didn't last long. The friends come so quickly; whether it's locals because you the interesting foreigner or because its other travels looking to get to know people just like you are. The friends you make on this trips quickly become your friends for life.

The things I saw:
The Sydney Opera House is the kind of site that's on everyones bucket list but imagine it becoming your backyard. If you're even slightly willing to do some exploring the miraculous things you'll encounter will blow you away. Sydney has awesome public transportation so almost everything is a bus ride or two away. The best of the best however are their sunsets. They are so unbelievable that sunsets will be forever ruin thereafter.

The experiences I had:
I went bungee jumping.... off a roof ......on a bike..... Australia's amazing. (This was on my own time of course.) They have ultimate thrills all over but that's just who I am. If you like the beach hop on the bus anytime you please. Australia only has over 10,000 to choose from. Coffee shops around every corner, hidden underground bars and endless boat cruises are waiting over there for you.

This trip was the best experience of my life by a lot. If you read this and decide to go, I'm sure you'll be dying to thank me after!

Easier communication with home advisors

Victoria
Stillwater, Minnesota
Texas Christian University

Another semester please?

Growing up, I was able to travel with family and it sparked a wanderlust that blossomed into the best decision I ever made - to spend 5 months on my own in Australia. I ended up choosing IES because of their program at the University of Sydney, their mid semester trip, and the housing arrangements. The staff both at the US center and at the one in Sydney were very easy to communicate with and helped me along every step of the way. While in the city, I felt extremely safe knowing that I could easily contact the program directors if an emergency came up. Sydney has everything to offer - great food, arts, sport, scenery, coffee, activities... Getting to explore this incredible city never got dull, and it really did become a second home to me. I cannot wait to go back there some day soon.

It was a little spendy, but overall worth it for the safety and ease of transition and living.

Rachel
St. Louis, MO
Macquarie University

Becoming a Time Traveler

"Oh my gosh! You're in the future!" That was the best comment I heard from friends and family back home. While studying in Australia, most of the time you are a day ahead of everyone in the States. This doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but everyone else can't seem to get over it. Other things that will be second nature after a semester in Sydney-- shortening all your words, the rules of rugby (and the difference between League and Union), and the deliciousness of meat pies and gelato. But before you have the chance to learn all this, you must first get accepted to a uni, apply for a visa, arrive, and then adjust. I had no fear though because IES Abroad Sydney was with me the whole way! From the beginning they sent step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a visa, select my classes, choose a housing option, and so much more. If I did happen to have a question there were previous participants I could contact and also an advisor. Everyone was quick to answer their emails. Once I arrived, the program had a transition orientation and then monthly outings planned. The program directors were very personable and always around to help. Sydney is a wonderful city and I couldn't imagine a better way to get to know it than through IES Abroad Sydney. And I can't wait to go back!

I arrived after my dorm's orientation week which was a little sad. There are some traditions I missed out on, but it didn't really matter in the long run. I wish that my program arrival date was earlier, but I think it was just a mix up between the program and the university.

Rhiannon
Ithaca, NY
University of Sydney

Home is where the koalas are

Do you love adventure? Do you love meeting new people? Do you want to experience a new culture and become more independent? Then IES Abroad is the program for you. There are so many cities across the world to choose from, and I ended up at the University of Sydney in Australia. It was a dream come true to travel so far and call a new city home. IES covered so many bases for us before departure by arranging housing, step by step directions for visa applications, and having awesome events and trips set up for the group once we were in Sydney. The advisers Matt and Kristin were always willing to go out of their way to find out what sort of things we wanted to do and bring us to exciting new places. The mid semester break trip is a must for a great cost and the perfect bonding experience with fellow IES members in other schools in Sydney. The city is incredible, but don’t forget to take advantage of long weekends and see other cities in Australia! Our experience ended with a beautiful IES dinner in the Sydney harbor with photo montages of our semester and hilarious superlatives. It was a great chance to see everyone together one last time and thank our advisers for the continuous support. I would go back to Sydney in a heartbeat if I could. So take the amazing opportunity from IES and “give it a go”!

Ellie
Bridgeport, Connecticut
University of Sydney

livin' in a land down undah

I had the best four 1/2 months of my entire life in Sydney. I went to the University of Sydney and L O V E D it. It's the perfect location between being close to the city and the beaches. The program really tries to get you adjusted to the life. The two program directors at the centre in the city, Matt and Kristen, really made an effort to help and support us. It was awesome having them supporting us whenever we had an issue with something. The city is perfect because you can always find something new to do. I highly recommend going on the week long vacation that IES offers, it's not only an extremely good cost but it's an amazing time to get to know all of the other students in the program. If you love delicious food, amazing people, and beautiful scenery than choose no further than going with IES to study in Sydney! You'll never run out of things to do both in the city or Australia in general. It's super easy to travel throughout the country! (also, make sure you try TimTams!)

My only issue is that I wish we had the option at USyd to live in the colleges as opposed to the apartment buildings. It was still a lot of fun despite that, but the apartments grouped all of the Americans together so you have to make more of an effort to meet new people.

Jessica
Elmhurst, Illinois
University of New South Wales

A Lifetime Experience Down Unda'

During my first week in Australia, I had already learned to adapt the different living styles. One night, my roommates and I decided to go to the common area called the "Old Tote" to play some board games and hopefully meeting new friends. Soon enough, a couple of local Aussies came into the room and asked if they can join us. As we continued to play and socialized about the differences of America, which they called the "States." Chris, which was one of the guys told us that it was possible to ride in the pouches of the kangaroo. I got really excited because I've always wanted to do that when I was younger, so of course I believed him and continued to ask him questions about it. Then later in the week I learned that it was not true and realized that Australians love to joke especially with Americans. I decided to share this story because the sense of humor from the locals provided me a warm welcoming.

This program could be improved by providing a better description of the different living accomodation choices. I really enjoyed my living accomodation however, I did notice that students that lived in the Colleges had more interactions with locals and attended more events. Regardless, I thought this program was tremendous.

Lauren
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Macquarie University

Adventure is Out There

Living in Australia was one of the most challenging but exciting four months of my life. Meeting locals on the streets of Circular Quay and The Rocks, from snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns, walking along hidden beaches and eating at local cafes, skydiving in New Zealand are just the beginning of my semester abroad. I know this sounds cliche but I felt like I was living in a dream.

I wish my program had set up more fun days trips together to explore more of Sydney or outside of Sydney. The group of friends I made through that program are some of the greatest people I have met and I didn't get to see nearly as much as I wanted to with the short time I had in Australia.

AL
Chicago, IL
Bradley University

Australian Adventures

Studying in Sydney, Australia via the IES Program was the best decision I've ever made. The staff stationed in Sydney were wonderful and the city couldn't have been more perfect. The trips we went on as a group were affordable and heaps of fun! It really allowed me to get cultural immersion easily and in a fun way. I would highly recommend this location and program to anyone wanting to study abroad. Happy Travels! :)

The communication before you get there. I wasn't exactly prepared for what was there.

Meredith
Buffalo, New York

Heaps Keen For Oz

Living a full 24 hours away from home can be terrifying. Ultimately, you will be flying into the unknown, forced to really put yourself out there, learn new things and make new friends all at once. With the help of IES, this process becomes not only smooth but also extremely enjoyable. IES works tirelessly to ensure that you are living safely and comfortably, succeeding in your classes, and forming lifelong friendships. IES organizes a variety of day activities and even weeklong trips to the Great Barrier Reef in order to guarantee that you reach your full potential during your time abroad. Along with the help of IES comes the help of living in the great city of Sydney. Between beaches, restaurants, and clubs, boredom becomes almost impossible. You will never grow tired of exploring the various neighborhoods and famous sites of Sydney all while experiencing new things and assimilating to Australian culture.

Better housing.

marykelly
Charlotte, nc
University of New South Wales

Wouldn't Change it for the world

Studying abroad can be scary and difficult but also very exciting! IES most definitely helped me as I prepared for, arrived, stayed, and left from Australia with the greatest ease. Being skeptical at first of the cost and copious amounts of emails, I am so thankful I stuck with them!
The website clearly explains what needs to be done and when so that you can leave your home country for all pre departure information. I would have never known where to even start with all of my paperwork without them- plus, it was awesome that I could chat with an IES ambassador at my home college before I went to feel out with program I wanted to do and what I was getting myself into before I started the process.
I am pretty sure that the Sydney IES staff, Kristen and Matt, are the best people in the world! Over the course of the semester, they provided us with an orientation and various fun and exciting activities in and around Sydney. They also looked after our health, were there to always talk to, and were simply people I knew I could count on.
I would never trade this amazing experience for anything, and IES made it possible! Thanks, IES!

I wish we had been shown around the city or somehow connected with someone to get us oriented to the new place and help with buying sheets, and other essentials.

Marilynn
Monroe, Connecticut

Transit Mayhem

Prior to living in Sydney, I had never navigated public transportation before. On my first day, I took the bus to KMart to gather necessary supplies. After coming out of the shop with 3 large shopping bags and a laundry basket, I realized I had no idea what bus I needed to take back, which made finding the bus stop difficult. I asked multiple people where the bus stop was but still was confused about which bus to take. I resorted in calling a taxi which I now realized took me the long way home and charged me extra. I guess you need a few hiccups before you can get the system down! By the end of the semester I knew the public transit system like the back of my hand.

If I could change one thing about the program it would be to give us the opportunity to live with Australians. This would help us meet more Australians and become better acquainted with their culture.

Lauren
Seattle, WA

Semester in Sydney

Studying abroad in Sydney was one of the best decisions I've made. It's impossible to describe my five month experience in a review, but upon my return to the states, I have recommended studying abroad to everyone. I arrived back in the US a different person than when I left, and the changes I went through while abroad shaped me so fully in a very short period of time. Outside of Sydney, I was able to travel to Cairns, Brisbane, Melbourne, New Zealand, Thailand, and Bali. Australia is an amazing destination because there is so much to see within the country, and it is close to lots of outside destinations.

IES was very accommodating and helpful, especially concerning direct enrollment at UNSW - they made the process very easy. The trips and excursions IES offers throughout the semester were great, and really allowed us to explore areas outside of the city and near our schools. The mid semester trip to Cairns was a great experience that IES was able to provide for us. Australia is a beautiful country with lots of sites to see and amazing people to meet - I will definitely be returning soon.

Jon
Ithaca, NY

Life at UNSW

For the Fall of 2014 I was fortunate enough to spend my semester at The University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. UNSW is very diverse environment that allowed me to grow both academically and socially. UNSW is a research university so many of the professors and facilitator are at the top of their fields and have made major contributions to their respective fields; because of this classes were engaging and challenged me to produce a higher quality of work. While I was able to grow inside that classroom I was also challenged to find my spot in the large UNSW community. Going to Australia I did not know anyone in my program which allowed me to really push myself socially and make a whole new group of friends. During my stay at UNSW I lived in Phillip Baxter College, of the Kensigton Colleges. Baxter College was made up of about eighty percent Australian students and twenty percent exchange students, which allowed me to have a very diverse group of friends from all around the world.

Ciera
Southern Methodist University

IES Sydney

(I have written about my experience in the box below). Yet some more day to day life activities of mine while I was in Australia included going to school, going to the beach, taking the bus from Bondi beach to the heart of Sydney. I do recommend living off campus if you are attending UNSW. Cooge beach is awesome and so is Bondi. Living off campus allowed me to experience more of what Sydney had to offer and meet many locals.

My experience abroad with IES was so amazing it’s hard to describe with just one review. IES provided me with the opportunity to study abroad in Sydney, Australia during the Spring 2014 semester. Little did I know before going, this trip would eventually change my life. IES made every transition from living to school situations so easy and accommodating that I was able to focus more on and experience the beautiful city of Sydney itself. I had originally signed up to live in the on-campus apartments; however, when I arrived I realized it would be better for me to live off campus. IES allowed to me easily move out and even made sure the new place I was living was safe and comfortable. This move made it possible for me to further immerse myself in Sydney’s culture and enhanced my experience abroad. Yet my biggest appreciation for IES was the way they helped with school. When I had arrived to my new university (UNSW) I was unable to get a class that was very important to my schedule in order to graduate on time but when I alerted IES about my situation they immediately took initiative and were able to open a seat for me. Overall my time in Sydney opened my mind to a new perspective of the world. I was able to experience a new part of the world and always felt that I had the IES group as a family away from home.
Sydney was an amazing city. The food was awesome and the people were hilarious! I went during the months of July- December. At the beginning July was very cold but by November it warmed up quickly and I got to hang on the beach almost every day. School was very different from then in the States. Rather than many homework/busy work assignments, I found my classes at UNSW to require a couple essays then the final exam. I found this to be easier and gave me more time to adventure around Sydney and all of Australia.

Madelyn
Rochester, NY
University of Rochester

Australia Awesomeness

Going to Australia was one of the best decisions I made in my college career. Between the sunshine, great food, awesome trips, and amazing experiences I never felt like I was bored. Attending the University of Sydney was very different compared to my home school but in a good way. I go to a small school and Sydney has 44,000 people, so it was definitely a change. In addition, I was able to travel to Seal Rock, Melbourne, Cairns, and Thailand while I was abroad. These trips helped me learn more about myself and the world around me.

Jennifer
Rochester, New York

The Land Down Under

Going abroad to Australia was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I had the opportunity to see things, do things, and meet so many amazing people. IES abroad definitely made the abroad process easier. I was placed in the university village for village which turned out to be amazing. Being in the university village allowed us to meet so many Australians and other people abroad and was a lot of fun. The village was also great for hanging out in, and there were always people who were willing to talk to you.

Studying in Sydney, while different then in the US, was also cool. I had the chance to take a sports class which mostly consisted of attending popular sporting events in Australia. This class gave me the chance to see an AFL game, multiple Rugby games, and even allowed me to try bowls. This class was definitely a highlight to my abroad experience.

Going abroad with IES also had a lot of bonuses. IES planned multiple events during our first few days in Sydney such as hiking the blue mountains, going to a wildlife park, and going on a dinner harbour cruise. These activities were a lot of fun and a great way to see some amazing sights. Our IES program also had a trip to the Royal National Park which was amazing. This park was beautiful and although it was freezing, we had the chance to go swimming in a swimming hole. Such and incredible experience. For our mid-semester break, IES also planned a trip up to Cairns to go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef and jungle surfing in the Daintree Rainforest. This trip was AMAZING and definitely one of the highlights to my time abroad.

Besides travelling with IES, I had the chance to travel around Australia and to New Zealand both with friends and by myself. I definitely recommend exploring as much as Australia as you can, but also go to surrounding countries as these are incredible experiences.

Overall my time abroad was amazing and I cannot believe it is already over. I loved every minute of it and am thankful for all of the experiences I had. I cannot wait to go back there dome day!

Ashley

The University of New South Wales - Sydney

I chose to study abroad so that I was not one of those adults saying "I wish I had studied abroad in college." I did not want the regret of wishing I had gone away. I know people who don't study abroad and say, "I will when I'm older." In reality, how easy will it be to travel for four months with a professional career and a family?

Study abroad Australia introduced me to beautiful beaches, unforgettable friends from all over the world, intriguing cities, and the most memorable experiences. I lived in the village apartments at UNSW with five other girls from all over the world. Beijing, Malaysia, Singapore, and England. Most students in the village apartments were international students like myself. I had my own room and shared a kitchen, two bathrooms, and a common room.

The most memorable experiences I had were snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, jungle surfing in the Daintree Rainforest, traveling to different parts of Australia on the weekends, visiting New Zealand and Thailand, and living 1.6 miles from the beach.

I would 100% recommend IES to other students. Before departure, they give you all the essential information and really prepare you. While abroad, they organize many day trips and dinners which immerse you in the culture and take you to places you most likely wouldn't go otherwise.

I believe that IES should give students a better understanding of the grade conversion chart. I found that compared to the US, professors are much stricter graders in Australia which reflected into my GPA.

Julie
Ithaca

A Life Changing Experience

This was a life changing experience, as cliche as that may sound. I made friends from all over the world, and would not trade this opportunity for anything. The biggest difficulty I had was becoming homesick about midway through my trip because of the drastic time difference. However, not a day went by that I was bored. There was always something new and exciting to do, which made feeling homesick much easier. By the time I had to leave, I wasn't ready to leave, and I called Australia my second home!

Preparing students more for the schoolwork they will encounter because most students (myself included) forget that studying abroad still requires a lot of effort put into school work!

Kati
Penn State

IES- University of Sydney

My time at the University of Sydney was undoubtedly the best experience I have had in my life thus far. Although initially somewhat nervous about traveling so far by myself, IES staff made me feel comfortable and excited. Orientation and resources provided by IES allowed me to become comfortable with the city of Sydney right away, and within only a few days the Sydney University Village felt like home. With the Uni right across the street, my day to day life consisted of walking to class, hanging out with my roommates and friends, and then heading out for a night on the town near the Opera House and Sydney's CBD. I fully recommend studying in Australia, especially in my favorite city, Sydney.

N/A

Kelsey
Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Christian University

Life Changing Experience

IES Abroad is a fantastic organization that caters to every student's need prior to departure and upon arrival. Our program director was kind, helpful, and fun to be around. Every day was a new adventure in Sydney, whether it was exploring the city, hiking the rugged coastline, or earning a scuba diving certification. The people, culture, and environment were truly amazing. The experience helped me grow into a more well-rounded and confident individual. Studying abroad with IES truly enabled me to challenge myself and become the best version of who I am.

Have more planned weekend trips because those were my favorite part of my experience.

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student should have the opportunity to